1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Zero appetite? Advice please.

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by LarssonCrew, Mar 20, 2012.

1. LarssonCrew

LarssonCrew Active Member

Well guys after 2 months of cutting on and off, I've finally realised I've lost the desire to eat.

Before I'd easily consume 6 meals a day, and still be hungry and crave bread and sugar and cheese, but now, nothing.

My stomach has shrunk no doubt, both in physical size and in eating.

Today I will eat:

eggs
    chicken broccoli sweet potato
    chicken and broccoli

And I won't be able to eat anymore.

Any advice? Is it worth hammering down some peanut butter or 500 calories of nuts just to get to a 1600-1700 calorie range?

Is it better to just eat those 1200 calories or consume some fast calories like PB or honey or something? Or better to leave the sweet stuff out of it?

I could probably force something unhealthy, but if I think about the thought of eating anymore chicken or more fruit[couple apples couple bananas] or oatmeal, I just cannot fathom how I'd eat it.

Any ideas?

2. user786

user786 Active Member

with regards to your weight What are your Goals ? are you looking to lose further or recomp or gain weight.

3. wwwolf

wwwolf Member

If nothing seems wrong, I'd just eat how you're eating now. Your body will let you know if you need more food. If you are working out hard and really eating only 1200 cals, you will most likely start getting really hungry within a week. If not, maybe you have similar genes to Herschel Walker. Although others will probably tell you to stuff yourself, it's good to experiment a bit to see how your body reacts to different diets and calorie counts.

The exception I'd make is if you are planning something like a long distance bike ride. Low calories don't work in this situation. You'll bonk, which is worse than it sounds. Being weak and disoriented miles from home on a trail or the side of the road somewhere is dangerous.