1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

youtubes

Discussion in 'Technical' started by dkmahkee, Jul 22, 2008.

1. dkmahkee

dkmahkee Well-Known Member

I was going to post a YouTube upstairs, and when i previewed my post, all I got was the <youtube> tags but not the vid preview.

So just to see, i copied my entire post (incl any quotes) and pretended to post in the WL. sure enough, in the post preview the youtube showed up normally.

Any idea whats going on? youtubes should post in all the forums right? or are they limited to VIP areas?

2. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

Yes, they should work in all areas. Maybe a transient error with you tube? Try again and if the problem persists please let me know.

3. cnjlakes

cnjlakes Active Member

I experienced a similar problem this weekend. I pasted a link to a youtube within the youtube tags. and all I got was a big white box:

http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/showpost.php?p=632148&postcount=405

I was thinking (and still am kind of), that I just screwed something up.

4. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

You put the entire URL between the YOUTUBE tags: just put the video ID string (for example: vT2uSoHjJGY) and you'll be fine.

5. dkmahkee

6. dkmahkee

this is weird. I tried a video in this thread and it showed up, in the post, and also as a preview. so just to see, i pretended to post the same video in this thread

http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/showthread.php?p=633673#post633673

it's totally unrelated, but it was just to test the preview. anyway, this same kitty video that shows up perfectly in the post above, shows up as just letters in the youtube tag when i post it in that thread.

not like its a HUGE deal or anything, but something does appear to be screwy. :confused:

i dunno if its something in the main fitness forums or just something specific to me. :cry:

EDIT - FYI, the thread I was trying to post to yesterday is this:

http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/showthread.php?t=43967

and the kitty video doesn't work their either. so thats two separate youtubes that won't post, in two different areas of the main fitness forums

#6 dkmahkee, Jul 23, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  7. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

I double-checked the permissions for Bronze membership level and also for the forums your mentioned. Everything looks OK. I can't see why this is happening.

I'll run some more tests with my test account at various membership levels and see if I can figure out what's going on.

8. dkmahkee

no biggie. i'll live. :p thanks John!