1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

You should've bet against me. BUT NOT THIS TIME!!!

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by jbivens, Apr 27, 2011.

1. jbivens

jbivens Active Member

To anyone who cares to read,

I'm back. Long story short.

1. Lost my motivation due to some stress in my life.
    2. Signed back up with Mastover to rekindle the flame.
    3. Lost my motivation AGAIN due to more stress in my life.
    4. Started over with Aram after an eye-opening story from him.

I won't share Aram's story. What I will say is that my issues paled in comparison. I turned to food and laziness. He turned to the iron. Moral of the story - Iron cures all ills. And stress is something that should motivate you to achieve, not dissuade you from reaching, your goals.

So again, I'm back. Sorry I've been away so long.

Starting stats on 4/19/11:
    5'6"
    202.8 lbs.
    Waist - 41.25 inches

Going to go back to updating every Friday with weight and measurement info.

Thanks for reading.

JB

2. george mavridis

george mavridis Active Member

You can do it, you just need to want it bad enough. Aram's a great ally to have in your corner.

3. jbivens

jbivens Active Member

Thanks George. That is a truth that I know very well, and his inspiration is what helps to keep me going.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Diet was spot on yesterday. 3 perfect nutrition days in a row. Lots of water (100+ oz daily). Had a killer leg workout. Increased weights on all exercises and wobbled out of the gym. Upper body today. Totally focused and ready to kill it.

Post again soon.

JB

4. jbivens

jbivens Active Member

Friday - Weigh In Day!

5'6"
    202.8 lbs.
    Waist - 41.25 inches

4/29/11 - 201.2 lbs. Down 1.6 lbs. Waist 40.25 - down 1 inch.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Last night's workout was incredible. Gave it all I had and was spent at the end. Dripping sweat on the way out of the gym. There is no feeling like being drenched with sweat after weight training.
    Diet was spot on - 4 days straight with all macros met.

Post again soon.

JB

5. Whoracle

Whoracle Well-Known Member

Hey I'm going through one of the toughest times in my life right now but I look at it this way the gym is the one thing I got to get my mind off of things. Hopefully you stick with it through the stress because the stress will always be there.

6. jbivens

jbivens Active Member

Very true man. Stress in one form or another always tends to rear its ugly head. I hope everything works out for you. I try to put things in perspective, albeit sometimes morbid. For example, my wife and I are expecting our 2nd child and our 2 year old just refuses to sleep so my wife is going bananas between the stress, lack of sleep and hormone casserole. We have a friend whose daughter was born the day before our 2 year old, and she has had over 20 surgeries already. I remind my wife of that to put her back in perspective. Can it be better? Of course. But it can always be worse.

Onto happier things. Weekend was great for exercise, but a bit lacking for nutrition. I volunteered on Saturday at a daycare/preschool for homeless children. I was working all day - painting, spreading mulch, building a garden for the kids, putting up a fence - so I got my cardio in. The day got away from me so I wound up seriously lacking calories because we really didn't stop to eat.

Workout yesterday was awesome. Leg day # 2 for the week. My legs were wobbly as could be at the end. It feels great to exhaust my muscles again.

Post again soon..
    JB

7. Whoracle

Whoracle Well-Known Member

That's the way I look at it, it could always get worse. Good luck man. If we all quit when times got tough you could shut this site down because no one would be here.

8. jbivens

jbivens Active Member

Great workout last night. Upper body workout #1 for the week. I was out of strength at the end of it. I feel like I am really challenging myself each workout because the last rep of the last set every time feels like torture.

My wife told me this morning that I look thinner through the middle around my ribs already. I guess I'm going in the right direction!

post again soon

JB

9. Akira-Kai

Akira-Kai Well-Known Member

All the best with this! I'm a big beliver in Routine and trying hard not to let life get in the way of it.

Easier said than done I know, but hey..!

10. jbivens

jbivens Active Member

Thanks A-K. Without a routine, you're winging it. You'll never get to where you want to be as efficiently just winging it.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Yesterday was a rest day, which was nice. Kind of anxious to get back in the gym but the body needs rest. I really wish my 2 year old realized that Daddy's body and mind need sleep. Last night was brutal. I don't know how she goes 100 mph all day and not sleep through the night.

Corresponded with Aram yesterday and make some tweaks to my diet that should nail it down and get it focused for best results. Can't wait to get back to the iron tonight.

Post again soon.

JB

11. jbivens

jbivens Active Member

AM Update - Another great leg workout in the books last night. Killing it with everything I've got. Nutrition has been squeaky clean all week with no cheats or slip ups. Upper Body workout tonight. Can't wait to get back in the gym.

post again soon.

JB

12. jbivens

jbivens Active Member

Friday = WEIGH IN DAY!!!

5'6"
    202.8 lbs.
    Waist - 41.25 inches

4/29/11 - 201.2 lbs. Down 1.6 lbs. Waist 40.25 - down 1 inch.
    5/6/11 - 200.6 lbs. Down .6 lbs this week. 2.2 overall. Waist was 40.5, up .25 inches. I'm beginning to wonder if I am using this myotape correctly. I feel and (think) I look a little smaller in the waist. No biggy though. The waist will move down with consistency and hard work.

Had a great upper body workout last night. Increased my DB Bench up to 75s. 10 lbs. from my all time PR. I'd really like to be moving those 100 lb DBs by July. I continue to challenge myself with every workout, attempting to add even a little amount of weight to each exercise. So far, so good.

Post again soon.

JB

13. jbivens

jbivens Active Member

Rather uneventful weekend fitness-wise. No workouts this weekend. Nutrition was good. Didn't drink enough water. Back in the gym tonight.

Post again soon.

JB

14. jbivens

jbivens Active Member

Diet was super clean yesterday, spot on with Mastover's plan for me. Upper body weight training last night was awesome. I feel like I'm getting stronger every time out. I got the 80 lb DBs on bench for 6 reps. I was shooting for 8, but exhausted after barely getting 6. All time personal best is 85s so I am close to breaking through that barrier. The rest of the workout was intense as well. I feel like I am giving it everything I've got each workout. Looking forward to the leg workout tonight.

Post again soon.

JB

15. jbivens

jbivens Active Member

Awesome leg workout last night. Short, but super intense. Still wobbly this morning.

Today is a rest day, which is really needed. My daughter was up from 1:30 to around 3 last night. Sleep was not in the cards. Hoping tonight is better for rest and sleep.

Post again soon.

JB

16. FatLenny

FatLenny Active Member

Those sleepless nights are rough. My daughter has just recently started waking in the night again. I am pretty sure that she has started dreaming vividly enough that it startles her. She cries out and then it takes her a few minutes to get settled back down and sleeping.

How old is your girl? I'll cross my fingers for a good nights sleep for oyu tonight.
    :gl:

17. jbivens

jbivens Active Member

Thanks Lenny. She'll be two in June. We have another on the way. Sleep will soon be a distant memory. I am going to petition my job to let me use my lunch time for power naps. :lol:

18. FatLenny

FatLenny Active Member

Well, congrats on the bun in the oven. My baby girl is 14 months old. We are going to have another as well, but have decided to wait a while in order to get a better handle on our finances(we are trying to avoid sending her to day care).

Good luck with the power nap request. You could tell the boss that you'll stop napping during meetngs if you can have a couple of 15 minute power naps a day. :lol:

19. jbivens

jbivens Active Member

Thanks Buddy. We are fortunate to have my mother in law stay wit hus during the week to care for my daughter. Not sure she is ready to handle 2, so we are going to have to re-evaluate the finances.

------------------------------------------

Yesterday's rest day was great. It is great to feel that itch to get back to training, but we must rest to grow muscle. My daughter only woke up once so I slept in 2 4 hours blocks interrupted by about a half hour. Better than the prior night for sure.

Post again soon.

JB

20. pylo79

pylo79 Active Member

Congrats! I remember those sleepless nights it does make it rough, but just remember its all worth it in the end.