1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

workin on the "I" in fitness

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by dejavued, Aug 4, 2007.

1. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

I suppose its time for me to start a journal.
    I've spent the last year or so "easing" into the fitness lifestyle... adjusting my palate from being used to so much sugar/refined carbs, reading heaps and heaps of stuff on this forum, dialing in my macros, lifting heavy and learning the compounds, etc etc.
    Well seems like i'm ready to take what will be a huge step for me in getting the body i desire..... ditching all the deliciously yummy, fun ALCOHOL!!
    i'm gonna take an extended break from the constant binge drinking i have engaged in since highschool and spend the next 3 months or so engaging in an extremely clean cut.
    then i wanna do a super clean bulk! (but that's in the future)
    so anyways this is gonna be my place for keeping details on my diet, workouts, and corresponding moods!
    i've spent sooooooo many hours on this forum and finally started a thread. wow.:D

2. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

ouch... time for pics

so in order to be truly accountable and see if what i do works i'm gonna post a start picture for today. actually this if kinda a before (sorry for the shitty scanner quality) and a now.... i've dropped some of the fat... but now its time to really dial in on a super serious cut.

god this is embarrasing and really sucky. but its the only way i feel like i'm going balls to the wall with this. so here goes. oh and yeah i know my tan lines are HOT! haha

as you can see i hold onto fat around the middle. too much love to handle if ya know what i mean. so i wanna work on shredding that area and then put some muscle on.... specially my ass/legs. later i'll post a couple flexed pics to note my progress as far as cuts/etc.

damn i can't believe i'm gonna post pics. :eek:

Attached Files:

3. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

With hard training, desire, consistancy with the diet, your belly pudge will disappear and your entire physique will be transformed. :nod:

I'm looking forward to your progress! :tu:

Most of all...have fun! :D

4. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

mastover - thanks much for the advice and encouragement, its appreciated!

as far as today.....

fasted am liss - check

p/f meal - check

p/c pwo meal - check

workout:

bb dl - 145 x 6, 6, 6, 6
    bb mil press - 79 x 5, 74 x 5, 5, 5, 4
    bb rev lunges - 84 x 12, 12, 12
    bb bent over rows - 94 x 8, 8, 8

(couple notes... my reps are kinda all over the place but i plan to move from full body to split in a few weeks and will follow an actual program of some sort then...... also have no squat rack yet so can't do as heavy as i'd like in any of those areas that require me to get a bar off the back of my neck! :()

p/c pwo meal - check

time to go run some errands!

will post macros at the end of each day

5. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

todays grub:

Attached Files:

• 8-4.JPG
      8-4.JPG
      File size:
      19.6 KB
      Views:
  6. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

did well today. had one of those days where something comes up that would normally really screw my nutrition. babysat for my "inlaws" and as a thanks they ordered us pizza for dinner. now not only does that make it hard to refuse....it also makes it kinda rude. but refuse i did. so :D

anyways i ended up a teeny bit lower than planned calorie wise but i plan to up my calories a couple other days this week so it should balance out.

man i need a scale. i've been between 125-130 for the last month or two..... but it'd be nice to be able to weigh myself at the same time of day during this cut. not that i care much about the scale weight.... i'd rather weigh more and look good than weigh less.

today i was 126.0 on a full stomach. i'll hopefully get a scale soon so i can at least note how that's changing.

oh and two things i haven't addressed yet in this journal.... sleep and water consumption! neither of these is a challenge for me. i almost always get 8 hrs and 2 gallons of water is drink at a water fountain for me! so the only time i'll note either of these is if for some reason i didn't get enough.

Attached Files:

• 8-5.JPG
      8-5.JPG
      File size:
      19.9 KB
      Views:
  7. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

did my am fasted liss even though i REALLY REALLY didn't want to.

had no excuses though especially since the weather has cooled. yesterday the high was in the 70's for the first time in three months. damn it felt splendid!

now time to start looking for a new job. :blank:

being between jobs at the moment does make nutrition a little extra challenging. i haven't had a problem yet..... but i find its much easier for me to eat right when i'm more busy. and 8 hour work days suit me ... i am really good at taking food to eat on each break and making sure its within the macros im striving for that day.

but catching up on movies has been nice too! :tucool:

oh and since i'm just posting my calories and the macro breakdown each day i'm only going to note when i eat unclean. so if its just the chart.... that means i:

1. got enough veggies/fruits
    2. got protein from enough diff sources
    3. had p/f and p/c meals based on workouts, bedtime, etc
    4. ate clean

if i don't meet this criteria i'll just note (along with the chart) what my weaknesses were for that day.

8. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

today's workout:

bb sldl - 145 x 7,7,7,6
    bb flat bp - 110 x 4,4 105 x 5,4,4
    bb split squats - 84 x 12,12,12 (each leg)
    bb upright row - 55 x 6,6,6,6
    weighted abs

today's nutrition:

pretty good.... need some more fiber.

Attached Files:

• 8-6.JPG
      8-6.JPG
      File size:
      19.7 KB
      Views:
  9. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

my grip is improving. the last couple weeks i was having trouble hanging onto the bar with 140 lbs and thought it was time to get used to the hook grip.... but today and sunday i had no prob with grip with 145 lbs. and just my normal grip. that's good.

my grip really goes shitty on calf raises so we'll see on wednesday. maybe the hook grip will help with that. my thumbs will be pissed! haha

god i need a squat rack so i can do real squats and do them heavy. when i finish cutting i'm def gonna reward myself with one cuz trying to bulk without one would be lame-o.

10. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

omg i really really really really really suck at milking goats! today (as part of a ranch sitting gig) i had to milk two goats and it took me close to TWO HOURS! it really sucked. what a forearm/wrist workout though!
    i woulda thought being a lesbian i'd be better at working with huge ol tits :lol:

as for fitness - was very active today but though i ate clean i haven't eaten enough yet. better get to it.

11. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

food was alright. kept the carbs pretty low.... gonna spike em up tomorrow to 150 - 200. kinda giving me a headache tonight. making coffee...that'll help.

could use more veggies. having a fat ass salad tomorrow.

Attached Files:

• 8-7.JPG
      8-7.JPG
      File size:
      19.9 KB
      Views:
  12. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

ok so i finally got a scale. i don't care about how much i weigh but i really need this to try to figure out if i'm losing. due to not having a scale i don't really know what my maint caloric level is.

in the last few years ive done lots of extreme diet stuff..... the standard mistakes. i ate under 1000 calories a day for weeks at a time. then when i began learning more about proper weight loss nutrition and that i should be eating more calories than that (thank you berardi!) i slowly started to up them.

for the first few months of this year i had a very physical job, was lifting weights, and eating 1700-1900 cals a day. my body comp felt like it was improving....but i didn't have a scale to really figure out where i maintain. and of course i was drinking a few nights a week.

anyways this is a learning process so hopefully i'll figure this out a little more over the next couple months. i'm gonna see how these first two weeks go with 1400-1500 cals or so a day and then decide if i want to up that, drop that, or just stagger more, or what. enough rambling.

today's weight was 125.5

13. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

decided to postpone the carb up day and training til tomorrow.

today looked like:

Attached Files:

• 8-8.JPG
      8-8.JPG
      File size:
      20.1 KB
      Views:
  14. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

R.i.p.

of course as i sing "water-melon, i love you so much" and dance around the kitchen i hear a SPLAT and sure enough.....

:cry:

Attached Files:

15. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

my energy was pretty shot but i knew i had to get a workout in. did more iso stuff today.

bb squats - 84 x 15, 15, 15 (no rack so can't move weight up)
    bench dips - 35 x 15, 15, 15
    bb calf raises superset w/ shrugs - 135 x 12/10, 12/10, 15/10
    bb curls - 54 x 6, 6, 6, 6
    w8ed ball crunches - 25 x 25, 25

now i'm off to eat.

#15 dejavued, Aug 9, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2007
  16. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

nine days without a drink! :claplow:

upped my carbs today so should be bouncing off the walls manana.

today's nutrition looked like this:

Attached Files:

• 8-9.JPG
      8-9.JPG
      File size:
      20.1 KB
      Views:
  17. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

internet was down yesterday and man that sucks cuz its a pain to figure out your macros without the ease of fitday.

anyways weighed in this morning at 123. losing a little too fast... but i'm sure some of it was water weight. we'll see how it goes this next week.

yesterday's eats:

Attached Files:

• 8-10.JPG
      8-10.JPG
      File size:
      20.1 KB
      Views:
  18. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

todays workout:

bb dl 150 x 6, 6, 6, 6
    mil press 74 x 6, 6, 6, 5
    bb bent rows 99 x 6, 6, 6, 5
    bb lunges 89 x 12, 12 (per leg)

so its been a week since i started this journal and a good week it was. nutrition was excellent... worst things i consumed were a sugar free fudgsicle and a few diet pepsi's.

my strength hasn't gone down.... up if anything.... and i lost a couple pounds. i'm noticing it around the gut already.

well off to get a pwo p/c meal in!

peace

19. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

need more fiber. not enough broccoli.

Attached Files:

• 8-11.JPG
      8-11.JPG
      File size:
      20 KB
      Views:
  20. Happy Monster

Happy Monster Well-Known Member

Hey there,

I see a big improvement in your latest pictures. If you keep going like this those pounds will soon disappear and be replaced by muscle. :nod:

:gl: