1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Women and their waistline

Discussion in 'Female Health & Fitness' started by mastover, Oct 27, 2011.

1. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

I get a lot of PM's from members and inquiries from clients about a topic that is ultra sensitive with them. I'm speaking about women and the concern about belly fat, a widening girth, and how to trim the waistline. Now, many of these women have wide hips due to genetically wide bone structure. The dreaded pear shape is a concern for many women, especially once they hit 40, 50 years old. Metabolism slows, activity may slow down, and the waist begins to get a bit out of hand. Consistent exercise and good nutrition will counter act this dilemma for most. Let's face it, if you've got access to a gym, or home equipment, yet make every excuse possible to delay any momentum towards progress, then this is not going to work for you. The desire must override whatever else you've got going in your every day lives. I have women (and men) who receive ZERO support and encouragement from their significant other. My response??? Why are you with them if they are sabotaging your health and fitness goals?? There's got to be some underlying issue (insecurity issues or otherwise) that makes you hang onto these people. I've got women who's BF's drink, smoke, hang out, and offer no encouragement to their wives and girfriends.

Well, anyway, let's get to the main point here. If you want a trim waistline, widen your shoulders and upper back. This will mask that pear shape very nicely while giving you the illusion of a trimmer waist. And if you can melt an inch or three from the waist simultaneously, better yet. :nod:

Here's a good workout you can do once every 4-5 days:
    DB Laterals:
    3 sets of 12-15 reps
    (initiate the movement from the sides of your waist, keep the thumbs pointed towards the ground to recruit more medial head, and use 3 seconds up, 3 seconds down).

Seated Bent DB Laterals:
    3 sets of 20-25 reps
    (I like high reps for rear delts. Rounder rear delts gives you a wider appearance, while giving off the illusion of a smaller waist line. Sit in a chair, grab a pair of light DB's, place your chest on your thighs, and lift the bells out to your sides)

Scott Presses:
    3 sets of 10 reps
    (From a standing position, hoist a moderate set of DB's above your head, rotate your elbows as far behind your ears as possible, pinch your shoulder blades together, keeping your elbows flared out, press only 3/4 of the way up. Make sure your pinkies are higher than your thumbs throughout the entire range of motion) Be in close proximity to a fire extinguisher because your delts should be on fire after these!!

Swiss Ball Crunches:
    4 sets of 15 reps
    (The swiss ball will allow for a more expansive range of motion, and because you are forced to balance yourself, your core will be hit doubly as hard)

Captain's Chair Crunch:
    3 sets of 15 reps
    (Sit in a chair with a back, keep your back against it, hold onto the sides of the chair and raise your knees as far up to your chest as possible. You can do this exercise anywhere, including at work)

Decline Bench Broomstick Twists:
    3 sets of 20-30 reps
    ( This is a favorite of mine. Work this hard and watch your waistline reduce rapidly. Go onto a decline bench as if you were going to do incline crunches. Have a long lat bar or stick held behind your neck. From the start position, crunch up but stop half way. Start twisting from left to right. Keep your chest high and do not round your back)

You've got the tools now. This will work for you. It won't work if you just look at this, or try it for a few times then quit, or your diet is all over the place. If you can commit for 2 measly months, I guarantee your current jeans and pants will no longer fit by New Years. :nono:

:tu: