1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Woeisemma

Discussion in 'Female Health & Fitness' started by AndrewJones, Apr 28, 2004.

1. AndrewJones

AndrewJones Well-Known Member

I was wondering what you did to increase your flexibility goals. I dont really like yoga so i was just curios as to whether or not thats the route you went? I would like ot increase flexibility somewhat but am not at all into "classes" that do that such as yoga classes etc.

2. woeisemma

woeisemma Well-Known Member

Hi Andrew,
    All I do is stretch my legs in various regular stretching poses for 25-30 min 3 times a week. I hold each pose for 1 minute. I was able to do the splits when I was 18 so that is why two weeks after beginning my stretching routine I can almost do the splits. For some reason your muscles gain their flexibility back rapidily even if you haven't stretched in years like I had.

3. AndrewJones

AndrewJones Well-Known Member

Oh do you have a link to a stretching based website? I dont know many good websites i used to be super flexible when i was in second grade (10+ years ago) but since then ive become rather stiff.

Thanks again

4. woeisemma

woeisemma Well-Known Member

no I dont know any stretching websites. I just touch my toes, do straddle stretches on the ground, try to bring my head to my knees..simple things like that...stretches you did in gym class or before a sport is all I do.

5. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Websites were posted in a couple of threads a couple of weeks ago. Search the forums for flexible or flexability.

One was call Flexability - a must read
    the other
    How flexable are you? or Flexability test. Something like that.

6. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

7. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Thanks Jim.

Pretend I know how to spell flexibility and flexible. :o That spelling error in the original thread messed me up, and now I'm spelling it wrong.

8. Reno_1ted

Reno_1ted Well-Known Member

I posted the above thread (Mispelling fkexability ! DOH ! :o )

The article posted on there is superb. Im reading it through, and so far its been great. All the science is explained and then it goes onto various excersizes (Stretchs) you can do.

Id highly recommend it. I was so unflexable about 3 weeks ago. Now i can sit down, with my leg stretched out and touch my toes ! It comes quite quick.

Good luck. :tu:

9. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

C'mon Reno_1ted! Haven't you learned?

flexible

;)