1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Without Struggle, There Is No Victory

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by mastover, Dec 13, 2011.

1. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

Hi Charles, I don't count anything when I eat out. Only when I prepare my own meals. Training for shows, there has never been any restaurant or deli excursions. Everything is cooked and prepared at home. Once I have a show zoned in, I'll eat clean and prepare my own meals anywhere from 12-16 weeks with no deviation. If you see me posting macro numbers here in my journal, then all my meals were prepared by me at home.

2. mastover

WOW.... All You Can Eat Pancakes are back at IHOP! :tucool:

:o

3. mastover

Trained Delts, and arms today at Dolphin Fitness @5AM, Eastchester Rd., Bronx NY.

Seated BB Scrape Presses: 2 warms
    4x6,6,6,12

Steep Incline DB Cripple Curls: 1 warm
    3x35x8,8,6

BB "21" Curls" with cambered bar:
    2x60x21,21

Cross Body DB Curls: done together, not alternating
    3x45x8,8,8

Weighted Dips: 2 warms
    2x90x8,8

CG DB Bench Press: 1 warm
    2x65x8,6 (hands facing, elbows tucked

V Bar Cable Pushdowns: Set Bomb 1 warm
    stack x 6
    3/4 stack x 8
    1/2 stack x 8
    1/4 stack x 14 reps to failure

Pre, intra, post:
    42 grams Beverly Muscle Provider in 16 oz apple juice

Diet for yesterday, Jan. 25th:
    PRO - 197 grams
    CHO - 258 grams
    FAT - 90 grams

Weight this morning after wakeup: 154.2 lbs.

4. mastover

I felt strange this morning after waking up. Took my temp and it was 101. Maybe a shade below. I went to the gym to train. Dolphin Fitness, Bronx NY. As hardcore a gym as you can find.

BB Rows: 2 warms
    3x225x6,6,6

Hammer Strength Pullovers: 1 warm
    Triple drop set: 12,10,12 reps

Weighted Chins:
    8x25x4 (45 sec between sets)

Romanian Deads: 2 warms
    1x275x6 (at a body weight of 153 lbs. this really wiped me out. I felt this everywhere)

Diet for yesterday, Jan. 28th:
    PRO - 185 grams
    CHO - 286 grams
    FAT - 85 grams

Supps: 4 grams creatine monohydrate. 3 grams d-aspartic acid, 6 fish oil caps, 4 Beverly Int'ls FitTabs, 2 grams l-carnitine tartrate

I'm feeling pretty sick now. Maybe it's time to turn in and sweat this one out. I have a good supply of bed sheets waiting on deck, LOL. :tucool:

5. mastover

I was still not feeling well this morning after a night of sweating out this fever, but I drank a lot of fluids and headed out to Bronx House where I trained Chest and Tri's. Very tired, I took a lot of time between sets.

Low Cable Crossovers: 1 warm of 25 reps
    3x12,12 12 reps

Reverse Grip Smith Machine Bench Press: 1 warm of 25 reps
    3x8,6,6 reps (one of the very best upper peck movements)

Weighted Dips:
    2x75x9,7 drop to bodyweight for 22 reps to failure

EZ Bar Skullz: 1 warm of 12 reps
    3x85x10,10,6 reps

Diamond Close Grip Pushups:
    1 set of 21 reps to failure, shins elevated on a swiss ball.

Eating has been sporadic yesterday and today. Sleeping a lot. I drank 2 scoops of BI's Muscle Provider in apple juice, pre, intra, workout today.... But I am still feeling the effects of the fever. I went down to G & R Deli and got some of their homemade pasta fagioli lentil soup, and that's about all I've had. Taking care of my dedicated clients today, and into the night, and after a nap I may head out to G & R for a eggplant parm on a seeded roll. Tomorrow I plan to SLEEEEEEEEP. The Bronx has the BEST food. Let me tell you. :tu:

6. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Hope you feel better soon.

I truly admire your dedication to training.:bb:

7. DFS

DFS Well-Known Member

I'm not from the Bronx, but I was born and raised on Long Island. Man I miss the food...pizza and bagels the most! :cry:

Feel better man. :tu:

8. george mavridis

george mavridis Active Member

Hope you're feeling better soon Aram.

9. mastover

Thanks, guys. Had a great leg workout this morning that made me think about doing another show.:rolleyes:

Felt a lot better today, but this week I saw many abused kittens and puppies at the pet store where I volunteer. Some of this abuse was very disturbing. How people do these things to defenseless animals who want your love, is something I will never understand. These people deserve..... I'll stop here... :mad:

Thanks again, George, mac, DFS...

I am almost 100%

10. mastover

11. mastover

Legs are still sore as hell. Trained at Bronx House today 5AM.

Weighted Chins: 1x8 w/bodyweight
    4x45x5,5,5,5

Reverse Grip BB Rows: 1 warm 8 reps
    3x225x6,6,6

One Arm DB Rows (dead stop reps):
    3x120x8,8,8 reps

I was trashed. Honestly. I lost weight and weighed in at only 151 pounds. I see my neurologist tomorrow. I'm experiencing severe cramping and numbness in my extremetries. It's tough to drive when you have no feeling in your hands and arms. Sleep has been sporadic at best. When I get up in the morning, I virtually have no feeling in my hands and feet. I am sure that I could produce more power in the gym with strength gains. Maybe I should wake up earlier and allow my body to hydrate properly and warm up...

I am looking very defined and vascular, but I need some weight gain. Tomorrow is a trip to IHOP for a Big Steak Omellete. :eat:

I am reading Jungle Book for the third time. GREAT BOOK! :tucool:

12. mastover

I shoveled snow for about 6 hours today. My place, my mother's and neighbor's home, my brother's ex girlfriends. Right now I am going to head to the "Asian All You Can Eat" establishment in my neighborhood for a post workout meal. This just may be of such epic proportions, that they might eventually ask me to leave. Or tell me what they did last year.... "You Go NOW!!!"
    :D

13. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

After all that shoveling I am scared to think how much you could down at the Asian restaurant.:p

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

14. mastover

Haha, it wasn't too bad. But they had my favorite foods, which is rare, but when they do.... I usually chow down. I had frogs legs, mussels, baked salmon, mashed potatoes, banana pudding, and tomato salad. Not too many carbs and when I weighed in today I lost .5 pounds. Oh, and sweet and sour soup where I made two visits to the buffet. More shoveling today. I also learned that my long time friend, Pookie, homeless for many years, passed away. It's hard to get into the mind of a homeless person. He was a childhood friend with many talents, but chose to be a homeless man. I helped him whenever I could. I offered him to stay with me, but he always refused and never accepted charity. It's sad to see your friends die. I would see him only maybe 5-6 times a year, but today I am feeling quite lonely, lost, and confused about it all.

15. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Sorry about the death of your friend. I remember you previously writing about him.

16. george mavridis

george mavridis Active Member

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

17. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Sorry about your friend. If I recall he was the one you gave the money you found the one day.

18. mastover

I've been having problems with my legs. Particularly the nerve problem. My legs, at times, are twitching uncontrollably. It's painful, but I'm able to drive and walk with no pain. The tough, uncomfortable times are at night when I want to sleep. I am unable to adhere to my training routine I had outlined previously. If you guys were following this...I apologize. At this juncture, I am thrilled I can make it to the gym. I trained today at 5AM, Bronx House Gym.

BB Rows: 2 warms
    5x225x5

One arm DB Rows
    2x110x12,10

Snatch Grip Rack Pulls: shin level 3 warms
    2x295x10,7

Weighed in at 151 pounds just prior to training.

Diet for Feb. 16th:
    PRO - 198 grams
    CHO - 255 grams
    FAT - 98 grams

Supplements: Beverly Super Pack with first meal, 5 grams creatine monohydrate, 3 grams d-aspartic acid.

Day off tomorrow. I'm looking into bringing in another miniature box turtle to my household tomorrow. :)

19. mastover

Severe leg cramps have been hampering me. I've long decided to stop visiting neurologists. My only hope is to continue training and eating well. Today I trained at Bronx House in the wee hours of the morning. Afterwards, when I walked home, I had to lay on the couch for an hour and a half to wait for my leg twitching to subside. My quads are still in pain as I type this, but I'm glad I got this workout in. Tomorrow I should be pain free and will relish a complete rest day from training.

Here's what I did this morning: Weighed in at 151.4 lbs.:

Leg Extensions: 4 x 25,20,15,12 reps
    Seated Leg Curls: 4 x 20, 12, 8, 6 reps (bent forward at the waist)
    Leg Press: Set Bomb - One continuous drop w/no rest between drops:
    540x7
    450x7
    360x11
    270x18
    180x22
    90x22

DB SLD's: 1 warm of 12 reps
    4x90x10,10,8,8

I was going to train calves but my quads locked up. Had to foam roll, then see the massage therapist (set me back $65 but was worth it) then came home and basked in the love of my cats. They sensed I was hurting. Even my birds and turtles could feel the pain. I gave them all extra treats. It's good to be loved, let me tell you. :)

20. mastover

Trained Chest and Bi's today at Powerhouse Gym, Bronx NY 5AM

Peck Deck Fly's: 2 warms
    3x12,12,12 reps

Pre exhaust for:

Weighted Dips with Chains around my neck:
    3x75x6,6,6 (these were very hard, much harder than with dipping belt. felt these in the entire pec region - top to bottom)

Decline Bench DB Fly's:
    2x45x10,10

Cambered Bar Drag Curls: 2 warms, 8,5 reps
    2x85x10,9

Steep Incline DB Curls:
    2x30x10,6 drop to 20 for 13 reps to failure

Close Grip Chins: hands 3" apart
    1x body weight for 8 reps

I had my body fat guy take my BF this morning and I was 7.07% @ 151 lbs. @ 5'9 1/2". LOL, I grew half an inch! I'll take it!! Waist measured at 27 3/4" around the navel

Diet for yesterday, Feb. 23rd:
    PRO - 193 grams
    CHO - 285 grams
    FAT - 85 grams

Supps: Beverly FitTabs, fish oil, 5 grams creatine monohydrate, 2 grams l-carnatine tartrate, 3 gr. d-aspartic acid.