1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Without Struggle, There Is No Victory

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by mastover, Dec 13, 2011.

1. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

My pleasure, Hux.... Anytime buddy. :)

Lifting went well today on the first day of my new routine. Here are some goals with poundages used at the end of my 12 week trial:
    Rack Pulls: 3x405x6
    BB Rows: 2x245x8
    One Arm DB Row: 1x135x8
    DB Curl: 2x55x6-7
    Leg Press: 2x6 plates each side for 8 (3 sec negative)
    Plate loaded machine Hack Squats:2x4 plates each side for 6-8 reps bottoming out
    Weighted Dips: 2x100 lb. plate for 6-8 reps
    Flat DB Press: 2x105x6 reps

Most of my training will be at Dolphin Fitness in the Bronx, NY which is a 12 minute walk from where I reside. There are many hospitals and medical colleges in this neighborhood along with a couple of psychiatric hospitals. The owner of the gym always tells me to drive to the gym in the wee hours of the morning, rather than walk. Fearing I might run into some patients, drug dealers or gang members. I tell him not to worry... I used to be all of those guys (except for the drug dealer!) and I am one within the brethren. They will know who I am. :tu:

My legs have been twitching uncontrollably for such a long time. The neurologists see that there is some sort of potassium gate level imbalance in my body. I don't fully understand, but for the past year I have a lot of pain, particularly at night. Previously, with the twitching, there was no pain. But you can see it and feel it if you touch my legs. Hopefully this new medication will be better than the last, which caused severe stomach pain and GI distress. I mean... it was absolutely awful.

But there will be no excuses or deviation the next 12 weeks. Only progress and determination. It's time to train!!!

#181 mastover, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  2. mastover

Damn... I've gained 3 pounds since last update. This is encouraging! My legs are still in a lot of pain at night time, but the pain killers seems to help a bit. I've gone a bit over what I intended on some lifts and may exceed my lifting goals at the end of these 12 weeks.

At 144.8 lbs. I leg pressed 4 plates each side for 15 reps incorporating a 3 second negative. These were very hard.

For weighted dips I did an easy 12 reps with a 50 lb. DB

Rack Pulls were not taken anywhere near failure but I did an easy 3 sets of 9 from shin level with 315 lbs.

Supplements have been:
    3 grams creatine monoydrate.
    8 fish oil caps.
    18 dessicated liver tabs (Ultra 40 from Beverly International
    Men's Multi.
    6 Muscle Synergy tabs pre workout (the absolute best muscle building formula on the market) I used to take 28 per day when I was competing and would actually set PR's with lifts about 2 weeks out from a show when my body fat was 4%.
    .... And that's it. Of course my protein powder of choice is stellar. Muscle Provider and UMP from Beverly International. These are medical grade supplements, and more of a food source than a supplement. I have had my share of disagreements with Beverly over the past few years (they have deleted posts of mine on their web site due to conflicting theories on protein intake and diet strategies) but their protein powders and other products are the best in the world. IMO.

I've also kept to my diet:
    3300 kcals on training days
    2800 kcals on nonlifting days

Peri workout nutrition has been what I've been advocating for years, and what has allowed me to win the overalls in my final two shows:
    2 scoops whey with 12-16 ounces 100% fruit juice diluted with around 4-6 ounces water.

Nothing fancy there. But the most potent anabolic cocktail around. And dirt cheap.

I'm back in the gym tomorrow morning at 5AM for more total body. :)

3. mastover

I've done just about all kinds of training routines. From the basics back in Reg Park's days, to volume of Arnold's days, to Max-OT. What is the best muscle building program??? I asked this question to Vince Gironda, the Iron Guru, when I was in California. Before he answered me he said , Damn boy.... you need to lift some heavy weights!! :lol: His answer was" Whatever is working at the present time". If you think about this.... he makes perfect sense. There is "No Best" training routine. Dealing with nerve disorder, I need 'more bang for the buck' training. This is where total body workouts done three days per week trumps just about anything. In fact, I have bodybuilding (male and female) doing TBT with amazing results. Vince also favored TBT. :)

Here's what I did today at Bronx House Gym this morning:

Leg Press: 2x450 8,8 reps ( 3 second negative)
    Machine Hack Squats: 1x12 reps with 2 plates each side
    Seated Leg Curl: (bent forward at the waist) 1x10 reps
    Glute Ham Raise: 1x5 reps (man are these hard!)
    Seated Calf Raise: 1x20, 16
    Standing Calf Raise: 1x3/4 of stack for 9 reps
    BB Row: 2x185x10.10 (easy)
    Weighted Dips: 2x55x8,8 reps (easy, not to failure)
    Flat DB Press: 1x75x8 reps (easy not to failure)
    DB Curl: 1x35x15
    DB Lateral Raise: 1x25x20 (light)
    DB Skullz: 1x30x15

Diet was right on point but still holding at 144.8 lbs.

Sodium is unlimited. This is too crucial of a mineral to fool around with, or put a limit on. Unless you have high blood pressure or a history of such, sodium intake is extremely important for shuttling water and nutrients into the muscle.

Supps:
    18 Ultra 40 Liver tabs
    8 tabs Muscle Synergy (HMB/Creatine) pre and post workout
    Multi Vit/Min
    8 fish oils caps.

No cheat meals today and eating clean really does wonders for motivation and confidence.

4. mastover

I can't remember the last time I worked out with a partner in the gym. Must've been about 20 years go. I don't like a partner. Today I trained with a guy who's been a regular here at Dolphin Fitness for a good while. This gym is hard core. It's small and everything is cramped. If you come in the late morning or rush time, you're screwed. I like coming in here at 4AM. The guy I trained with is Jamaican. He's 27 years old and a soccer player. His physique is insane. 10X better than mine. He's around 6'0" and 180 pounds of pure muscle. Big chest, waist around the same as mine - 28" (remember, he is 35 pounds heavier than I am). Big arms, the whole nine yards. A complete stud. I only wish I coud have dreadlocks like his. Maybe I should ask phillydude. LOL. We exchanged diet info. He knows about my backround and he asked if we could train together. He is very soft spoken and polite. I told him I am on a specific total body routine and he expressed that he is also. So.... I took him on my routine. Here is how he fared....

ME:
    Leg Press:
    2x470x8,8 reps

WESLEY:
    Leg Press:
    2x490x10,8 reps

3 second negatives on these reps

ME:
    Machine Hack Squats:
    1x13 with 2 plates each side

WESLEY:
    1x12 reps with 3 plates each side

ME:
    Seated Calf Raise:
    2x22,17

WESLEY:
    2x29,20 reps (using the same weight)

ME:
    Seated Leg Curl:
    1x10 reps with 110

WESLEY:
    1x16 with 110

ME:
    BB Rows:
    2x195x10,10 reps

WESLEY:
    2x225x10,10 reps

ME:
    Weighted Dips: here is where I can trump anybody :D
    2x65x12,11

WESLEY:
    2x25x12,12

ME:
    Flat DB Press:
    1x75x8

WESLEY:
    1x85x8

ME:
    DB Curls:
    1x40x12

WESLEY:
    1x40x12

ME:
    DB Lateral Raise:
    1x30x15

WESLEY:
    1x30x15

ME:
    DB Skull crushers:
    1x35x10

WESLEY:
    1x45x8

This was pretty intense and fun at the same time. What I've come to learn from Jamaican athletes and lifters, is that they eat a lot of fruit, chicken, fish, and rice. Other than that there is not much deviation from the diet. We have many Jamaican markets here in the Bronx and they import their own fruit. The fruit from Jamaica is around 3x the size that you normally see in your neighborhood grocer. I had a Jamaican friend back in the early 80's and he would have me at his home for dinner regularly. P.S. He also was very strong with a very lean, muscular physique. His mother would make us some chitlins, red rice and beans, and for dessert.... apples the size of soft balls

Damn.... those were some good times.He also had a natural aphrodisiac recipe that would have you going for hours (if you know what I mean. lol) It was a bottle of Guinness with a whole egg and several shots of tobasco sauce gulped down in a couple of minutes. Back when I drank. I did try this.... But if you want my opinion and results.... you will have to Pm me. :cool:

5. mastover

DAMN, I just got ticketed for my bike being too loud! WTF!!! In NYC????

With all the car alarms, ambulances, sirens, fire trucks, loud construction going on.... not to mention these city buses that make a horrible screeching sound as they accelerate and this guy stops me??? As he's writing the ticket a guy across the street is yelling and screaming profanities to his girl friend over the cell phone. Now this guy was LOUD. I looked over, the cop looked over, then we both looked at each other and the cop says, "yeah, but he ain't go a Harley" What I was going to say next would gotten me cuffed so I buttoned my lip and took his ticket. I'm gonna fight this one all the way to City Hall!!!:mad:

It's too bad this didn't happen before I went to train. If it did, I'm pretty positive I would've set all kinds of lifting records for Dolphin Fitness. I need a chill pill.:blank:

6. phillydude

phillydude Don't Never Give Up.

Media:
    Albums:

Did he measure with a dB meter, or was it a judgement call? If he did, and you do go to court, you can ask them to produce the result of the last calibration of the equipment... that will usually lback them down. If he didn't, you can ask for the result of the non-existant results, which will get the case tossed. It's not a matter of "How loud is too loud?"... the statute will have a specific measurement, and it's up to them to prove that you exceeded it. Make sure you also ask about the ambient noise in the urban environment and how they calculate for that.

If that fails, ask for permission to get an independent dB test of your motorcycle. You may have to back to your stock mufflers for that, but if you can produce paperwork proving your bike is in compliance with the law, that should be enough to get the ticket torn up.

As for the dreads... I can tell you, but you have to PM me.

7. mastover

I don't know if he had a db meter. I'm under the presumption he did. But that doesn't matter since I have my stock mufflers and the paperwork that my bike is legit with the law. This is the doc I will bring to court.

Cops are under immense pressure here with issuing tickets. Sometimes it's understandable, but sometimes it's unwarranted. Recently a kid was issued a ticket for riding his unicycle on the sidewalk. Riding a bicycle on the sidewalks is illegal. He went to court, fought it, and his case was thrown out.

If you are a guy cop and you give a ticket to a biker for excessive noise, I think you have some serious identity crisis issues. As well as some other problems... lol.

I'm going to beat this. Thanks for taking the time to respond, Phil.

I think the dreads will have to take a back seat for a while. I doubt I can look as sexy as you do with them, but I'm contemplating the John Stone look.... el baldo. It'll make my shoulders and back appear wider and make me look like a ex con. Maybe I'll get some respect. LOL. :rolleyes:

8. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Playing devils advocate. I do not know how loud your bike is, but most people are running straight pipes or factory pipes with no baffles. The biggest complaint non riders have is the noise. Most states are starting to crack down on bikes. This is one of the largest issues facing motorcyclist and what the AMA spends a lot of effort on. The AMA is trying to make sure the states laws are fair and properly enforced. I ride almost everyday and I have to agree most bikes are way too loud. Loud pipes do not save lives they only piss people off.

Sorry you got a ticket especially if you have factory pipes with the baffles which meet the noise rules. Maybe the AMA can be of some assistance.

9. Zilla

Zilla Well-Known Member

I was thinking the no baffle thing as well. Harley's with baffles have a distinct "rumble" to them, but the noise isn't nearly as bad as bikes that run straight pipes.

It could very well be that my ears are trained to listen for the difference. It's that time of year around my part of the world where poker runs happen every weekend, so I spend the better part of my weekends listening to the rumble of 80 plus bikes going past the house.

That being said, since the cop made it a point to point out that there was a Harley involved, I suspect all of this has more to do with the cop's attitude than the noise. Here ape-hangers are illegal, but since many of our local cops ride, they tend to look the other way.

10. mastover

Thanks for visiting, Zilla.
    My bike is loud but I don't run straight pipes. On my Buick Grand National I gutted out the catalytic converter for more horse power, but the Kenne Bell after market dual exhaust system muffles the sound remarkably well.
    I'm pretty sure the cop was biased against me. I've got the test specs on my bike and I will bring them to court. The noise in the Bronx, NY is unbelievable. The motorists who blast their sound systems and who cannot hear the fire engines, ambulances, and squad car's sirens at intersections are the one's who should be ticketed are ignored. I've witnessed accidents with these loud music drivers. As a biker, no matter how loud your acceleration may be, you still are aware and can hear the sirens. Additionally, your peripheral and overall vision is better than that of a motorist in a car or truck.

Any way, I'm over it. I'll see my day in court and win.

I have gained 3.5 pounds in the last 10 days and the waist has remained the same. So.... I must be doing something right.

Weights went up on all lifts yesterday. Except for leg presses where I tried for more reps. I did 3 sets of 10 reps with 5 plates and a dime each side for 10 reps. These were hard, but I think I might stay at this weight and try for more reps each week. I believe that high rep, heavy leg presses release more growth hormone than squats. Provided that you work them really, really hard.

Diet today was almost perfect. I love eating clean. When I cheat, I have the momentary exhileration (maybe for the entire day) but the next day I feel awful, both physically and emotionally. It also does wonders for my motivation and mood. Chicken, broccoli, and sweet potato for the win! :tucool:

#190 mastover, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  11. mastover

Good workout this morning at Powerhouse Gym, Bronx NY.

Leg Press: 2x450 12,12 reps ( 3 second negative)
    Machine Hack Squats: 1x14 reps with 2 plates each side
    Seated Leg Curl: (bent forward at the waist) 1x10 reps
    Glute Ham Raise: 1x5
    Seated Calf Raise: 1x20, 19
    Standing Calf Raise: 1x3/4 of stack for 11 reps
    BB Row: 2x205x9,9
    Weighted Dips: 2x65x13,11
    Flat DB Press: 1x75x9 reps
    DB Curl: 1x35x16
    DB Lateral Raise: 1x25x22
    DB Skullz: 1x35x10

I'm always motivated to train. It's what I love to do. I've kept training journals for over 25 years and sometimes it's interesting to revisit them, as I also record and jot down what kind of frame of mind I am in, and any unusual problems I was facing. No matter what the prob, I've always been able to train. This is probably why I am going to can the whole home gym idea. The gym is my home. :cool:

12. mastover

Body weight went up by 0.8 pounds and waist reduced to 27 1/2 inches. Gotta buy new pants. The carpenter's jeans that have that slim waist and wide, relaxed thighs. Buying jeans or pants is an inconvenience for a bodybuilder.... but I'm not complaining. :)

Diet for yesterday, Aug. 22nd:
    Peri workout: 2 scoops Beverly's Muscle Provider mixed in 10 ounces apple juice and 5 ounces water.
    M1: 8 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 2 slices whole grain bread, toasted.
    M2: Peanut butter and sliced pear sandwich with 2 scoops Beverly's UMP in water.
    M3: 10 ounces chicken tenderloin with 14 ounces Yukon Gold potatoes and 1 cup steamed broccoli.
    M4: 3 scoops UMP in water frozen and eaten as ice cream (tastes better than any commercial ice cream on the market, and more healthy)
    M5: 2 egg whites, 2 whole egg, 1 orange, 1 ounce almonds, 1 cup oatmeal with 1/4 cups raisins.

Supplements:
    8 fish oil caps
    4 grams creatine monohydrate with first meal
    Men's Multi
    3 grams d-aspartic acid
    18 Beverly International's Ultra 40 Liver tabs

Yesterday was a sad day because I found one of my birds, Buddy, had died. I like birds,.Now I have three finches. They were sad, too. They are not as lively today. Buddy was a pretty bird with a great temperament. I think he loved life and being my friend. I had him for 5 years.

Tomorrow I will dedicate my workout to Buddy, and make sure I stay on the diet.

I walked 9 miles today. To Orchard Beach and back home. Good walk and a good time to contemplate what direction to navigate to for the future.

13. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Sorry to read about Buddy.

14. mastover

Thanks Seltzer. My two other birds have yet to start chirping and singing. They are still in mourning. I feel real bad. I buried Buddy in my mom's backyard. I had a decent workout today in the wee hours of the morning. Body weight has shot up by 4 pounds and my waist is actually decreasing. Getting the freak on. LOL.

Today I was working and had the radio on at my desk tuned into a sports radio station here in NYC. A special guest they had were the rock band, The Smithereens from NJ. I've always viewed them as a scaled down version of the Ramones. They played a set where they ultimately ended the song into The Who's Sparks epic. It woke me up. I got into it and stood up and started to play air guitar. :D
    I saw The Who in 1976 at the age of 18. It was either Radio City Music Hall or Carnegie Hall. I can't remember. To this day it remains as the greatest rock concert I have gone to. Maybe the loudest, too. Although The Ramones and Thin Lizzy deserve honorable mention. Keith Moon was the drummer. The greatest drummer in history. He did things on the drums that have never been duplicated. They played Tommy in it's entirety that night, and after a 30 minute intermission, they played Quadrophenia. Only 4 guys onstage. Daltrey was using the mike wire as a lasso and Townshend was jumping rope while throwing the guitar up 40 feet into the air and catching it behind his back without missing a bit. His skinny little body was twitching with the rhythm of the music and he was using the end of the hall as a mechanism to channel the feedback from his guitar.

Here they are performing that number at Woodstock. The version I witnessed and hear was 3x better, if you can believe it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcm1EKltug0&feature=player_embedded

There's a 18 year old kid here on my block who can play Yngwie note for note, but what posters does he have on his wall in the basement?? Hendrix, Pete Townshend, and Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Smart kid, no?? :cool:

15. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Yes, smart kid. I listen to a lot of music, but no nothing technically. Couldn't play a note or chord if I had to.

I saw the Who in early 1976 in Madison Square Garden. I'll blame it on the passage of time that things are a little fuzzy about the evening, but I do remember them doing a lot off of Who's Next and Tommy so we experienced different venues and playlists. I also saw them at MSG in 1979 on their first tour after Keith had died. Last year I saw Daltrey at the local venue in town and he put on a fine show. Unlike the MSG shows I was about 25 feet from him.

16. mastover

Good stuff, Seltz. :)

We may have been at the same show 30 years ago and could've sat next to each other for all I know. As an avid concert goer, in the late 70's I would see Led Zeppelin one week, Jethro Tull the next week, The Who the following week, Yes, two weeks later, ELP, Robin Trower (on the same bill), The Ramones the next week, Montrose the following week, Buddy Guy the next week, Deep Purple the next wee..... well you get the picture.... LOL

I can honestly say that my life has been complete with the bands I've seen. Oh... I have also seen Jeff Beck, Rush, and Stevie Ray Vaughn, King's X, in the most intimate of settings....in a club about 20 feet from the stage. They were all too amazing to describe.

I picked up Jeff Beck in my cab in around 1980. He was uber cool. Had two girls with him in fur coats. He pulled out a joint and I lit one up with him. I shook hands with him. Let me tell you.... In one of Hendrix's biography's (there are many out there, but this was an epic tome of around 700 pages) the author states that Hendrix's hands could've been stiched onto a man 8 foot tall. Hendrix' hands were so strong that he could bend the low E string on a bass guitar over the top of the guitar. Well, when I shook Jeff Beck's hand, he totally engulfed my grip. Although he was about 2" shorter than me, and quite thin, he had sledge hammer fists and extraordinarily large and thick fingers. His forearms were also very large in proportion to his body. He was born specifically to be a guitar player, and I gotta be honest.... he is one of the baddest gun slingers that has ever engulfed planet earth. And he never used a pick. Jeff was the man.

These are the guitarists I miss seeing. They will remain unparalleled as musicians. I also saw Cream when I was 16 years old. Jack Bruce and Eric were absolutely sensational and too hard to put into words.

Enough of the soap box stuff, but I get very emotional about the music I've come to love and listen to this day. :tucool:

Today I wanted to cheat a little on my diet but this is what I've had so far. Today and tomorrow are rest days:
    M1: 4 whole eggs, 1 slice swiss cheese, 2 tbls. salsa
    M2: 12 ounce red potatoes, 8 ounces chicken tenderloin, 1 tbls mustard
    M3: 3 scoops Beverly Int'l UMP (C+C) in water frozen and eaten as ice cream :drool:
    M4: 4 ounce steak, 2 cups steamed broccoli and cauliflower, 6 ounce roasted red potatoes

8 fish oil caps

4 grams creatine monohydrate

For my final meal I might have another shake with peanut butter.

I am also supplementing with 20 Ultra 40 Liver tabs from Beverly. This is the best protein supplement out there. When I had my physical, the doc told me that my Vitamin D and B12 levels were beyond excellent. And my test levels were unusually high for a guy my age. I think the Ultra 40 has a lot to do with this.

Tuesday I'll be headed to Lake George for some R&R and will be back to the grindstone on Friday. I'll be training at Flex Fitness in Queensbury NY for those days, and even though I will be on the road, I'll stick to my diet. No 'All-You-Can-Eats" or other bad boy joints.

17. mastover

I'm up 4 pounds from 2 weeks ago and my waist is still the same. Noticeable improvements in my chest, quads, and delts. I no longer do overhead presses. They are unnecessary for me anymore for shoulders. Lateral raises are the ticket. I've also been doing heavy farmers walks with a trap (hex) bar and this has also improved my delts. It's too bad I can't squat anymore, specifically front squats, with arms crossed. My shoulders always grew with holding the bar in front of my body when squatting. Weighted dips have been going great. A terrific pec builder. This has been my main chest exercise for the last 10 years.

Today was also the first day I can remember where I rode my Harley, drove my Grand National, and drove my new Buick in the same day. I also saw my homeless friend, Pooky and treated him to breakfast at a local diner.

My diet today so far has been:
    M1: Western Omelette, home fries, dry whole wheat toast, black coffee. (Diner Food) these guys give big portions.
    M2: 2 scoops Beverly's UMP with 4 tbls. heavy cream, 1 tbls. almond butter.
    M3: 1 pound chicken tenderloins, 1 cup steamed artichoke hearts.
    M4: 5 ounce eye of round steak, 14 ounce Yukon Gold potatoes (boiled)
    My final meal tonight will be in another 2 hours and I've decided on 2 scoops UMP, 2 tbls. almond butter, 5 strawberries, and 7 egg whites.

Supps for today:
    4 grams creatine monohydrate with M2.
    6 fish oil caps with M3.
    Beverly Super Pack with M1.
    3 grams d-aspartic acid with M3.
    4 Ultra 40 Liver tabs with each meal.

I feel as strong as a draft horse. I may be only 147 lbs. but I feel like Dorian Yates. LOL. :tucool:

18. mastover

Today was a day spent entirely alone. Which is usually how I prefer things. I live alone. I have friends who are very important, but who respect my privacy, and am the kind of person that will go all out to help a friend, but eventually will retract into my shell of withdrawal. No responsibilities except for myself, my mom, and my pets. A lot of people have had problems with my lifestyle in the past, but I'm not going to compromise my ideals.

Trained this morning Powerhouse Gym, Bronx NY...

Leg Press: 3 warms
    2x470x13,12
    Machine Hack Squats:
    1x2 plates and a quarter each side for 8 reps (this was very hard and knocked the crap outta me. I saw stars for about a 15 seconds afterwards)
    Seated Leg Curl: 1 warm
    1x9 reps to failure
    Standing Calf Raise on machine: 1 warm 15 reps
    2x12,9 reps
    One Arm DB Row: 1 warm 6 reps
    2x110x12,10 reps (tri pod against DB rack)
    Weighted Dips: 1 warm 6 reps
    2x70x8,7 reps (not to failure)
    Flat DB Press:
    1x75x8 reps
    DB Curls: 1 warm 10 reps
    1x40x10 reps
    Seated DB Lateral Raise:
    1x30x15 reps
    Decline Bench DB Skullcrushers:
    1x35x10

PRE Workout: Fasted
    INTRA workout: 15 grams bcaa powder mixed in 16 oz apple juice
    POST: An hour and a half later I had 6 egg whites, 4 oz chicken tenderloin, and 14 ounce Yukon Gold potatoes mashed.

It's good to be alive, especially when you can fight off the demons that tell you 'Stay home bro... don't go to the gym.... there are more important things to do'. Haha... yeah?? what are they? :cool:

19. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Who knows, we may have crossed paths at a concert decades ago because I've seen most of the musicians you mentioned.

Interesting observations about Jeff Beck's physique. In the mid 80's a buddy of mine who was professionally involved in the art world did some work for him and talked about what a nice person he was, unlike many of the jerks my friend had has clients.

20. mastover

It's completely possible that we could've sat next to each other at one of these shows. An ex co worker of mine went to the same shows I attended, especially the Halloween Zappa concerts. I am sure we ran across each other, only to be re-united at the same work place 25 years later. Funny how this all works out. :)

I used the same weights as my previous workout 2 days ago, but my range of motion was more pronounced, particularly with leg presses. Bringing the knees down to the shoulders. I am encouraged that I have gained a full 4.5 pounds of bodyweight since starting this new routine, yet my waist has remained un-changed. I also appear more vascular.

Diet for yesterday was almost spot on. Went over my fat macro's a bit, but healthy fats are an anabolic source of calories when you lift, don't smoke or drink.

190gPRO
    228gCHO
    105gFAT

If I may inject some important thoughts here.... I get many new clients who are doing only low intensity cardio while incorporating a low calorie diet in hopes of reaching their goals of fat loss and favorable body composition. It's 50/50 between the guys and gals. You have to realize that without weight training, proper cardio, and primarily proper nutrient intake.... if you only do cardio with a hypo-caloric diet.... you are only going to look like a skinnier version of your fat, current self with less muscle. Thus, decreasing metabolic rate. NOT GOOD.