1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Who wants to challenge jk0?

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by jk0, Jun 21, 2004.

1. jk0

jk0 Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Hello,

Im looking for that little extra kick to keep me motivated during my cutting phase and was wondering if anyone would like to challenge me?

all my stats/pics can be viewed here: http://fitness.jk0.org (i brought back the site yesterday)

2. Marcman

Marcman Well-Known Member

I see the stats on your website, but how tall are you? I think me and you might be a perfect match, as I am looking for a challenge to help me stay motivated. Im getting lazy and i never really made a good diet for myself which is what is holding me back the most.

im currently 195lbs, 6'3" 14% BF I think. Never have done a really strict test.

I want to lose like 5-10 more lbs while gaining mass. For the past 3 months ive stayed the same weight, but i think my lbm has gone up a lot while i lost fat. let me know

3. jk0

jk0 Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

yeah dude, we are basicly identical, im 6'3 too btw, and im anywhere from 16-18% bf (my calipers suck a$$ so i cant really get a good test). im looking to get down to around 10% bf, while keeping/gaining mass. ill probably have to lose a good 10-15lbs of fat though in the mean time.

but yeah, lets dip! :tu:

4. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

Hey maybe I should get in on this challenge. I'm 6'2" and 208 right now. I've made pretty good improvement since January but I've got a little problem involving a missing digital camera so I haven't been able to post photos in awhile. It may turn up soon-what about a July 1-Sept 30th contest?

5. jk0

jk0 Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

do it up, brotha

6. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

gotta find that camera or borrow somebody's then. should we make standard poses or just copy the other contest that txitalian is in?

7. jk0

jk0 Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

doesnt matter to me, what do you think marc?

8. daDUDE

daDUDE Well-Known Member

9. Marcman

Hey man, the more the merrier :)

Im all for July 1 - September 30, but there is definitely going to be gaps in that for me, but i guess thats the way the cookie crumbles. I too have limited digi cam access, but i think copying one of the other contests is a good idea. Standard poses, post pics once a week or once every two weeks and let people give us their thoughts on what could help us and whatnot. The biggest thing for me is going to work out a diet that i can actually stick to with food i'll eat. I also need to revise my workout, so lets get started on this bad boy! I need to get some sleep but more posts from me tomorrow. Should have pics online by Sunday night.

This was a great idea! Lets get some motivation goin! :claplow:

10. daDUDE

daDUDE Well-Known Member

ok

:gl: :gl: july1-sept30 sound fair. I will have a long gap in there but hey it will be somthing i will have to deal with, make me work harder before and after :-) ... I'm in.

11. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

OK so that makes 4 contestants, all seemingly between 6'2" and 6'4" and in the 190-220 lb range. Should we welcome more contestants who fall in this category? Or should we lock it up? It'll get hard to manage with a really big group plus inevitably the more you add the better the odds that someone won't put out the effort or will flake on submitting the pics on time.

I think the pic's should go like this:
    1. Front, full body, unflexed
    2. Front double biceps
    3. Side, full body, unflexed(either side or both sides?)
    4. Side chest
    5. Back, full body, unflexed
    6. Back double biceps

The judging should be based on three categories:

1. Most drastic transformation (easier to win for the person starting in the worst condition)
    2. Best transformation relative to starting point (most fair, because it takes into account that it's harder to make the same level of change as you get in better shape)
    3. Best physique in the end(easier to win for the person starting in the best condition)

12. daDUDE

daDUDE Well-Known Member

ok

very true
    i think this should be enough.. and those pictures are fine... who judges?

13. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

The masses...

14. Marcman

hey now, this is getting serious. Do you have examples of the pics we are supposed to take? For example, what is the difference between side arm flexed and side chest? and i think we will need to do some flexed pictures for the best physique categories and whatnot.

also, should we just use jk0's website for this one (if that's ok with him) or setup an entirely new one? should we have all 4 of us in the same contest or pair off? I think having a 4 person split would be fun since we have 3 different categories. maybe we could come up with some prozes? :lol: of course, everyone is a winner when you are getting healthy. I like this. its long enough where you can make some dramatic changes.

15. jk0

jk0 Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

this will work for me! :D :eat:

16. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

17. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

Oh and I think all 4 should be in one contest. No reason to have to do matchups-after all the Mr. O starts with about 30 contestants.

18. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

I also think it might be a good idea if we all wear the same thing. Like black boxer-briefs. I have a few pair of those-they show the wheels without showing too much if you know what i'm sayin

19. jk0

jk0 Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

agreed.

20. Marcman

hmm, no boxer briefs for me, but i can pick some up. those poses are fine, you guys can tell me if i mess any of them up horribly. i dont know how i would but anyways

jk0 - is it ok to just use your existing website or should we create a completely separate one?

and we should have a chat session on aim to help make meal/workout plans or something, eh? or is it every man for himself? cause i definitely need help with a meal plan