1. JSF is shutting down on February 12, 2020. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

who actually got an ipod through the ipods thingy?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by escher, Oct 6, 2004.

1. escher

escher Well-Known Member

I signed up several weeks ago and have about 4 people 'still pending' and need one more. Pretty annoying. I hope I havent gotten scammed. :mad: How many of you have actually gotten an ipod through this?

2. DiM

DiM Well-Known Member

I got mine a couple of weeks ago. I'd take pics and all that, but I've found that if people don't believe you in the first place they won't buy into it even if you have pics.

If you have the 5 referrals, my best advice would be to sit tight for a while. I had to wait over a month before my status went from Waiting on Vendor to Shipped.

3. jtelling

jtelling Well-Known Member

Got mine as well. It was stuck on "Waiting on vendor" for like 3 weeks. I logged in to check, and they said switching to the new HP iPod could speed things up. I did, and a week later, it arrived at my door. It took exactly (to the day) one month from the time I completed my 5th referal to the time I was unpacking it.

PS - sure, the iPod is free, the arm band, cigarette lighter adapter, cassette adapter and screen protectors aren't :)

4. escher

escher Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting on getting credit from the 4 people who signed up. I suppose it could take a month if they have to complete a month deal.

5. Sock

Sock Well-Known Member

I got two.

6. J2kDarkSkies

J2kDarkSkies Well-Known Member

I was going to buy this, but now costco has them for $267. Pretty soon they're going to go to about $200-225 which is what I feel I could pay for them.

7. escher

escher Well-Known Member

so I take it I shouldnt worry if its been 3 weeks then? Guess it is a legit thing then. Just have to hope the people who signed up dont cancel :) Just need ONE more to sign up then, and to get credit for the others....

8. GM Enthusiast

GM Enthusiast Well-Known Member

I think there is something fishy. I've been waiting well over one month for 4 people to go completed. I know for a fact at least 2 of them did complete offers (one of them was BMG, and he even received his CDs already!)

9. C Man

C Man Well-Known Member

Sorry to be so dumb, but what is this offer you guys are talking about?

10. corbint

corbint Well-Known Member

i got a 20gig gen4 ipod, and have an ipod mini enroute, but ive been waiting for the mini to ship for about 5 weeks now. still says "order sent to vendor, waiting on product"

11. Marcman

Marcman Well-Known Member

i got a 20gig 4th gen. took 5-6 weeks but that was because they were out of stock and whatnot. the HPod definitely sped up the process

if you have people that have completed offers bu tnot gotten credit, have them send their offer confirmation emails to freeipods and they'll give credit. or just have them do another offer that takes 2-3 days to verify. i think ancestry and infone are pretty quick

waiting on my last referal to get approved so i can get another ipod for my sister :D

12. jtelling

jtelling Well-Known Member

how?

just curious, how do you guys who have more than one iPod through freeipods.com do it? do you just give another home address? I thought they check all that?

13. Marcman

Marcman Well-Known Member

need different mailing address, ip address, and email address and new set of 5 referals

14. The_Jackel

The_Jackel Well-Known Member

dammit its only for the USA and i live in the uk. damn :mad:

anyone feeling in a good mood want to send me one :nod: i'll pay for postage + a bit for your troubles :tu: i need an ipod :drool:

#14 The_Jackel, Oct 8, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2004
  15. jk0

jk0 Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

i still need 3 more.. if anyone wants to help :( im a poor guy in need of a method of listening to music during cardio workouts. (my parents didnt like my blaring the music from my room into the weight room haha)

16. Emilio

Emilio Well-Known Member

If anyone got more than one and would like to sell me one for a reasonable price drop me a line. I'm sure we can work something out.

- Emilio

17. The_Jackel

The_Jackel Well-Known Member

ditto above although u gotta ship to the uk, but i will pay for costs. pm me. thanks