1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Which Protein Powder? Where to start?

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by dustincarter19, Dec 24, 2010.

1. dustincarter19

dustincarter19 Active Member

I am trying to cut and am looking for the basics when selecting a protein powder. I am 25, 5'8", 170lbs. I am a lacto-ovo-vegetarian. Looking for something that will provide the protein my muscles need without all the other crap. Any good recommendations for how much protein should be in each serving? How few carbs? etc? Looking for something that I can go out and purchase and that won't break the bank.

2. HevyMetal

HevyMetal Well-Known Member

I use good ol' plain-jane Whey Protein ISOLATE. (Which IMO is much better than CONCENTRATE).

No sweeteners, no crap,no toxins.

Right now I'm using Lean-Fit...but sometimes Costco has the natural European Whey also......which is the best deal around. (Up where I live ).

All the other companies can take their heavily-doctored processed chemically-laden artificially sweetened crap which they refer to as Whey....and shove it up their keester.

As to how much you need to take.....well.....I wouldn't rely on Whey totally as my daily protein source.

I see Whey as a "supplement". I take use it because of it's fast uptake.

I only use it before and after a workout.

Often I'll have some over my oatmeal and milk in the morning along with eggs too.

You need to vary your sources of protein.

Fitday site can tell you how many grams of protein you actually need in a day based on all the factors.

:)

3. dustincarter19

dustincarter19 Active Member

Have used it before :-) simply can't afford it right now. Gonna save some penny's

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk