1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Whey powder creates a lot foam while mixing it

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by Jmov, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Jmov

Jmov Active Member

I recently switched to a different brand of Whey. It's actually a blend of three different kinds of protein sources. The weird thing about it is, that it creates a lot of foam while mixing it in the shaker. It's a bit unpractical, and I think a good amount of the protein is lost in the foam. I can't drink the foam from the shaker as it just sticks there.

Has anyone else come accross Whey protein like this? Is it a sign of poor quality? Could something be wrong with this particular protein powder? I think it's not international brand, but it's called Star Nutrition.

2. sauron256

sauron256 Active Member

Drink the liquid in your shaker, then chuck some water into the shaker and swish it around to catch the foam. :)

3. MT77

MT77 Active Member

Mine foams up also, but if I let it settle for a couple minutes it goes away.

4. Jmov

Jmov Active Member

Tried this again today. But it only gets worse if I add more water to it and give it a little shake :lol:

I've also tried letting the foam settle for a while and see if it goes back to liquid.. but looks like it would take couple of hours or more.

This Whey seems to have very foamy nature!

5. jbivens

jbivens Active Member

I used a brand called iso-cool and it was very foamy also. I didn't care for it. Switched back to Dymatize Elite. Mixes really smoothly and the price is reasonable.

6. Robert2006

Robert2006 Active Member

All I know is protein is essential for beer to have a good head.