1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Where do y'all get your clothes?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Tucker, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Tucker

Tucker Well-Known Member

It was 75 today in Virginia, and now I'm pumped for summer. Soon I want to go out and update my wardrobe with new pants, dress and polo shirts and new footwear inc. sneakers and flip flops for the warmer weather.
    Any recommendations on who/what to look for this summer that's in style? (I used to live in NYC for 6 years and it was easy to stay on top of this stuff, now it's harder).
    Oh, and I'm turning 30 this summer so don't tell me to go out and get a Trucker Hat :rolleyes:

2. LiveWire

LiveWire Well-Known Member

I hate shopping. My wife keeps me well dressed.

:spaz: She LOVES to shop :spaz:

3. karatetricker

karatetricker Well-Known Member

Well, I shop primarily at Abercrombie & Fitch, Hollister, Express Men and Bloomindale's. I'd say all of those are pretty fit for a 30 year old, Hollister being the most youthful of them.

4. teencraft

teencraft Well-Known Member

I shop at thrift town because I'm not a metro-sexual.

5. ABVidale

ABVidale Well-Known Member

I get most of my clothes in two places: Costco and Nordstrom. Costco has some surprisingly good quality shirts (polo shirts, especially) from both name brands and their house brand (Kirkland). And I have narrow feet, and Nordstrom carries shoes that fit me. Their clothes aren't bad, either.

Russ

6. Lisa Stone

Lisa Stone Senior Member
    Platinum Member

I love Nordstrom!!! We don't have one here, but I always go there when I go see my Grandma in Virginia :) I wear a size 2 and those seem like the first sizes to go and I always seem to get there too late, so I buy clothes wherever I can find something that fits me.
    I like Old Navy quite a lot, though.

7. Mahdimael

Mahdimael Well-Known Member

Anchor Blue and Old Navy, usually. I am a punk kid ;)

8. chicanerous

chicanerous Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

If I go shopping at the mall: Pac Sun, Gap, Banana Republic. Online: eBay, and I have to admit I've bought a few things from www.lip-service.com too. :whistle:

#8 chicanerous, Mar 2, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2004
  9. FionaMaeve

FionaMaeve Well-Known Member

Old Navy, Ann Taylor (wouldn't recommend for a man though), A&F (hate going in there because they play the music at the volume of jet engines), GAP, Eddie Bauer, Land's End, Harold's, Territory Ahead, Wal-Mart, Dillard's, and Sam's (like Costco).

10. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

I still live in Nyc and I continue to find it impossible to determine what's "in" and what's not ;) like my friend always says, select your clothing based on your own style.

For me, I would never be caught dead in leather pants because it just wouldn't work for me, but on others, it looks great, so what you need to do is find out what type of clothing "you" like, and then go from there.

But to answer your question, I generally go for the casual look, so I often find myself buying clothes from Banana republic, Gap, Structure, Kenneth Cole, America and some other minor shops at the mall.

Footwear I usually get from Skechers because they're generally very comfortable and not overly expensive, and sneakers, I go with eastbay.com for my Nike basketball and running shoes because you can usually find great deals.

11. mikey

mikey Well-Known Member

I have shopped mostly shop at Old Navy in the past year but I like Kohl's, Target, sam's club, Boscov's, The Bon Ton and T.J. Maxx. I have been to Abrocrombie but the prices were high and the music to loud so I left empty handed. At Ameerican eagle outfitters I liked every thing I saw last time I was there but all the shirts were "slim fit" which is not good untill my gut is all gone and no pants in sizes over 34 or 36 waist, so I'll have to visit again when I reach my goal.

One thing I need to get is someting to keep the sweat from running in my eyes when I do cardio. It seems to sting and burn my eyes a bit and I don't like it. if anyone else has this problem what do you wear to catch the sweat? Please don't so one of those terry cloth sweat bands from the 80's.

12. neckowi

neckowi Well-Known Member

I wear wrist bands to the gym, and just keep a towel on the elliptical. I sweat like a pig, so it's necessary to keep something around.

As for clothes, I pretty much wear American Eagle and Starter, plus whatever generic stuff I get at Rugged Outfitters.

13. Dr.Evil

Dr.Evil Well-Known Member

OLD NAVY rocks

14. ChrisAndNat

ChrisAndNat Well-Known Member

Thanks for making me feel like a cheap bastard.

My shopping rules:

1. No shirt over $10.00
    2. No pants over $20.00
    3. No shoes over $40.00

?

I hit ross, kohls, and sales at "real" stores once in a while.

15. honu*girl

honu*girl Well-Known Member

I'm the wife of LiveWire that :spaz: LOVES :spaz: shopping!
    Thanks honey!

I ditto your "rule" about spending money on clothes (however, I've been known to spend more!) I guess I'm cheap too!

Old Navy, Ross, Target, Sales at Dilliards, Robinson-May, Macy's etc., Outlet Malls are all my shopping grounds of choice. Been known to hit the Goodwill or even WalMart occassionally! Gotta get my shopping fix in somehow! I buy great bargains - that way we can get more!

16. JennyLynn

JennyLynn Well-Known Member

Those terry cloth sweat bands are back! If LeBron and Carmelo can wear them, so can you ;)