1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

When should I do my workout?

Discussion in 'Introductions & Advice For Beginners' started by Blinkbear, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Blinkbear

Blinkbear Well-Known Member

I'm start my cutting and I'm just trying to figure out what would be the best time to work out.

I'm a 21 yr old dude, I delvier pizza here in a college town and I close, so that means i work very late hours.

I usually start work anywhere from 5 pm to 12am depending on the shift and I get off between 4:30 and 5:30 am. I put in 35-40 hrs a week. I don't go to school.

Right now my sleeping schedule is an abomination. it'sall over the place. sometime I go to sleep right when i get home, sometimes I stay up until noon. I usually get up a couple hours before I have to go to work. but sometimes I'm running on 3 hours of sleep and sometime I sleep from the time I get home to the time I have to go to work (up to and including 15 hours) It's not a set time. Obviously I need to get that under control. But i want to figure out what time would be best to do it? If I work out after work at 5ish in the morning after a full day is that ok (the Y opens at 5am)? Is it ok to work out after working and then go home right away and go to sleep?

The schedule I'd liek to try and get myself on is everyday going to sleep around 6am-ish and getting up around 2pm-ish. maybe 7-3? It's just hard to get a full 8 hours especially if i have stuff to do that day and I have to work at 5pm.

should i work out when i wake up in the afternoon? Should I do cardio when i wake up and lift after I get off work? Should I do cardio and lfiting all at once? Does this all even matter?

I'm really open on this, i just would like to figure out whats the best way, or if there even is a best way.

2. phillydude

phillydude Don't Never Give Up.

Media:
    Albums:
    I'd say the best time to work out is whenever you find time to do it. :p

If you have the energy to lift after work, that would probably be the best time. If you think about it, a lot of people work, then lift, then eat, then hang out for a little while (to check JSF), and then go to bed. So no matter what time your "after work" may be, it's a good time to lift.

Likewise, if you can do your cardio when you wake up, that would probably be the best time. Lots of people do their cardio first thing in the morning, then eat, and then head to work. So it's not uncommon.

As long as you allow twelve hours between cardio sessions and twenty-four hours between lifting sessions, you'll be fine. Good luck!