1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Whats your gripe ??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by steveh, Dec 6, 2004.

1. steveh

steveh Well-Known Member

We all have them!!
    I know we all love what we do, but even so, we all have our crosses to bear, here are mine, whats yours??

1. When I bulk, its always my waistline that gos first. 2 inches in general, I know its worth it in the end,,, but the tightness in the trousers is realy annoyoying!!!

2. Egg whites are boring!!... I know there are alternatives,, but non that can be grabbed over the counter in a hurry and prepared in a flash.

Thats it!! ive got it off my chest...
    Your turn!

2. Hort

Hort Well-Known Member

My peave? Complaining... it's everywhere. :mad: :jumping: :whistle:

3. Andrew M

Andrew M Well-Known Member

I think some B@$#@^D kicked one of my cats last night. Cruelty like that, and towards children and other vulnerables is despicable.

Andrew.

4. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Son of a ....

That is just totally BS right there. I would be so mad. I'm really sorry if this is true Andrew. I too hate cruelty like this.

5. BusyChild

BusyChild Well-Known Member

My gripe is the stomach flu that kept me kneeling to the porcelin god most of the night AND having to clean the bathroom at 1:30 am when I didn't make it.

6. G_Man

G_Man Well-Known Member

The injustice in the world. :mad:

7. Skoorb

Skoorb Well-Known Member

This: I get lax with my diet for a couple of weeks and I keep looking in the mirror/on the scale, and things seem fine, with little weight gain. Then, one day, it all catches up to me and I realize I was lying to myself and I come to realize that i've packed on 5-10lbs of real, proper fat and I'm disgusted with myself. The day of reckoning, once again, hit me about 5 days ago, so now I'm recovering.

8. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

How hard it is to lose fat and how quickly and easy it is to gain it all back...

9. vovo

vovo Well-Known Member

wisdom teeth

10. Dark Adept

Dark Adept Well-Known Member

- my sensitivity to cold weather
    - the fact that it's been over a month and I still haven't received my whey protein (damnable surface shipping!)
    - people who say "Amazing gorilla penis!" in a loud voice

But far away, number one is:
    - people who don't listen

11. TheRyanator

TheRyanator Well-Known Member

Justification of wrongdoing or bad decision making or excuses in general.

For example...wow, I have lost 10 pounds in the last 2 months, I am going to eat what I want for a while...I can take it...uggh, this has kept me from hitting my ultimate fitness goals for too long and I am always hovering right above accomplishing them before I sabotage myself...why do I do this? I guess I have to make the mental shift that being average in my fitness goals and physical appearance is not good enough for me. And of course at the same time I must not become overly obsessed or vain in terms of my body.

12. Bustmybutt

Bustmybutt Well-Known Member

My gripe is people that are mean to one another and that are cruel to animals. I hate people that make fun of others, or people that take pleasure in other people's pain.

13. Makeupmonsterdog

Makeupmonsterdog Well-Known Member

I hate it when people try to talk to me in the middle of a workout--puffing and sweating away on a cardio machine, ipod cranked up enough to blow out the neighbor's eardrum, and still some $#%@#@ wants to stop by and chat about life ???????????

14. JMR

JMR Well-Known Member

Well, happy holidays to you too Ms. Scrooge... :D

15. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Well-Known Member

I understand that you want to be left alone and that's fine with me. In all fairness, though, one of my pet peeves is for the person next to me to have their ipod turned up so loud that it blows out my eardrums.

16. pixie

pixie Well-Known Member

In all fairness, most of us that have our ipods cranked up do so to drown out the gym tvs (like the ones at my previous gym where the members could control the volume and channel and w/o one of those cardio theatre systems), overhead stereos playing the cheesy pop music, the guy/chick on the cardio machine next to us yacking loudly on their cell, oh yeah, and the screaming of the 20+ kids at kids gym not separated by any walls from the rest of the gym.
    We don't mean to be a nusiance to our neighbors, but seek to drown out the world around us for some good sweaty cardio and lifting. :o

:nod:

17. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Well-Known Member

I understand. That's why I just grin and bear it. Learning to live with what really amounts to minor annoyances is all a part of life. :tu:

18. Andrew M

Andrew M Well-Known Member

Some C^*$ probably did kick my cat.

We have 2 cats, and have had them since about March of last year. They were the only 2 kittens from a litter, and since we have them both, they are very close to one another, and are always grooming one another. Last week I said that we thought that someone had kicked Baxter.

Baxter had been odd for a few days. He seemed to be in some discomfort, and made the most heartwrenching noises. A day or so later, as he recovered his usual form, we noticed that he had a soft lump low on his right flank. As he was improving, eating well and moving well, we decided not to take him to the vet straight away, as we felt that it was probably just a haematoma / bruising. As the days have gone on though, the swelling has increased in size. I began to think that it felt like a hernia.

Well, both of them went in today to get neutered (both are toms), and we asked the vet to have a good look at his flank. Jack just got a phonecall from the vet to say that the problem was a ruptured abdominal wall! He's ended up having fairly major surgery to correct it, and a fairly large scar. A traumatic hernia like that takes alot of force, usually it takes a high-speed car accident to cause it in humans, so you can guess what it must have been like for a not-yet fully grown kitten. The vet thought that it was probably a car hitting the cat, or someone kicking him, but with him having no other injuries, and no cuts / scrapes, it was probably someone's foot.

It would take weeks to get over something like this if you were human, and you'd be off work for a number of months.
    We'll never know who did this, but let me tell you, I wish every misfortune on the shit.

Andrew. (Very peeved)

19. ErikTheRed

ErikTheRed Well-Known Member

I don't promote violence but you should definitley kick whoever kicked your cat.

I hate the LSATs.

20. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I too am amazingly sensitive to cold. We were staying at a friend's for a few days, and his house was absolutely frigid. I had two sweaters and two pairs of socks on at all times and I was still frozen solid. I slept fully clothed underneath three comforters. My husband finally bought me a heater and I carried it around the house with me. He couldn't believe how incredibly miserable I was at almost every point of the day. Immediately I cheered up when we finally checked into the Holiday Inn.

Most people listen to me, except for my kids, so I don't have many complaints there.

Is this an epidemic, shouts of "Amazing gorilla penis" ringing through the streets? I've never heard of this problem before now.

My gripe is about people who whine about their doctors suggesting that they lose weight and stop drinking and smoking. I overheard a man complaining that his doctor told him he was obese. Yeah, take a look at yourself buddy. You can't even make it across the room quickly without huffing and puffing. I won't be surprised when you expire by the end of the year.