1. JSF is shutting down on February 12, 2020. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

What's your favorite breakfast cereal

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by Llirik, Jan 15, 2010.

1. never2old

never2old Well-Known Member

Thanks for quoting civicboy. There goes yet another DUH! for me, the DUH-boy: missed civicboy's mention of Weetabix earlier. :bang:
    [Edit: did you change your JSF member name? There is another potential DUH! for me!]

Wtbx was introduced to me this past weekend. I enjoyed it with milk and heated in the microwave on full power for exactly 70 seconds, exactly as instructed. (but different microwaves might require different cooking times) I added honey for sweetening, also as instructed. But I could imagine lots of other ways to sweeten it effectively, if desired...

2. Pete5

Pete5 Active Member

All of them...

3. never2old

4. Gance

Gance Active Member

Peanut Butter Captain Crunch ... :drool:

5. AndiMAC

AndiMAC Well-Known Member

Cold cereal is a major weakness of mine. I try to eat as healthy as I can and follow serving size (what a joke) Mostly I have been eating Kashi Go Lean (or as I like to call it, sticks and twigs) or Flax flakes from my local grocer's organic aisle.

My favorite though would probably be either Fruity Pebbles or Cap'N Crunch....Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm :drool:

6. never2old

Okay, "virtual ditto" AndiMAC. And Gance, and Pete5. Include Fruit Loops, Cheerios, Cocoa Pebbles and Cocoa Puffs.

But lately I am discovering great flavors where I would not expect. And I'm especially enjoying various yogurts mixed with various cereals. I have found that just a 1/4 cup of, say, Cap'n Crunch does wonders for jazzing as much as 6 ounces of plain yogurt.

Overall though, I am de-emphasizing cereals in favor of various egg and fresh fruit preparations. Yogurts will probably remain my most constant or regular, everyday breakfast food, with or without cereals.