1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

What's the quickest way to get bigger chest muscle?

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by Din01, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Din01

Din01 Active Member

So I'm planning to work out 1 hour and 30 min a day chest alone. How long do I need to recover my muscle chest?

Is there a quick way to achieve this

2. Maya

Maya Well-Known Member

Implants

3. Hockey4

Hockey4 Active Member

So you're going to dedicate 90 minutes to just working out your chest? To be blunt, that's not a very good idea, for a huge number of reasons. Unless you're a high-level bodybuilder, you don't need to be dedicating anything close to that amount of time to one muscle group. In fact, it would be pretty counter productive.

It sounds like you need to learn the lifting basics, so I would check out the beginner section. You want a bigger chest? Get a good lifting program. Focus on compound lifts. Eat more. That's all there is to it, I promise. But it's not going to happen overnight.

4. RTE

RTE Well-Known Member

Get muscle & fitness at $4 a year!

5. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo Well-Known Member

^^ This.

6. chicanerous

chicanerous Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

You would not only be putting in a vastly disproportionate amount of work compared to the return you'll get, but you'll need a very long recovery period (on the order of weeks) if you're really working the chest for that entire time period if you don't want to overtrain over time. It's just a bad idea no matter how you look at it at any level less than a professional bodybuilder and without anabolic aids.

If you want a bigger chest, try working it for a relatively low total volume at high percentages of your maximum frequently. Stimulating it often is going to work much better than trying to annihilate it all at once and certainly better than annihilating it often.

#6 chicanerous, Feb 28, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  7. KT Monahan

KT Monahan Active Member

8. tensdanny

tensdanny Well-Known Member

Based on what I've read from many professionals, the best way to a strong chest is to have really strong legs. Seems weird, but it's probably true.

9. Mauidude

Mauidude Active Member

Maya: You stole my immediate thought when I read this post.

All of us would love a shortcut, a magic pill, etc. etc. to get our muscles to grow. Just ask the knowledgeable guys and gals on this forum. None of them achieved their fitness success overnight. Go and read the TSM's. One overring theme is evident in all of them - a dedication to reach their goals and the willingness to sacrifice and work hard to get there, no matter how long it takes.

10. KoNcEpT61

KoNcEpT61 Active Member

hehe

best way to get a bigger chest is to get a bigger body. you don't want a huge chest and no arms or legs or shoulders or back etc. you have to work your body proportionately.

eat clean, eat more food, and maybe try working your upper body one day, then your lower body the next day. its a good way to build muscle.

if you just go for an hour on one muscle you'll get bored really fast.