1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

What to use to turn into a raging bull in the gym?

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by Mick Mauldin, Mar 2, 2006.

1. marcus

marcus Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more.:tucool:

2. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Nose Tork - used it before, and HOLY COW you ain't wrong Mastover. :eek: :spaz: :D

Mick - I agree, NOXplode didn't quite do a whole lot for me. I did notice it, and it's a decent supplement, but some guys were just screaming at how awesome it is. For me, it was good, but not like coffee or ephedra. I actually think I like having fruit preworkout better than NOX.

I'm actually looking into a few other pre-supps, like Ready4War and Super Pump.

On another note, the people having this discussion don't think everything comes out of a bottle or needle. I found some of the comments here a little strange, and frankly a little rude.

3. Skoorb

Skoorb Well-Known Member

100-200 if the cup is of a decent size but it can vary hugely if it's a strong brew. Most cans of soda have something like 50ish, I think.

4. RTE

RTE Well-Known Member

http://wilstar.com/caffeine.htm

All caffine amounts.

5. bradh

bradh Well-Known Member

Going to call you out here RTE :) I believe you train at a low intensity? Meanings %60 to %70 of your 1RM? If i remeber correctly you use a 404 tempo?

6. RTE

RTE Well-Known Member

????????????????????????????????????????????????????

7. bradh

bradh Well-Known Member

Just tryin to say dude for someone who trains at a low intensity and %60 to %70 of your 1RM is low, you certainty don't need any aids to get a boost.

Unless we're refering to cardiovascular intensity. Which stimliants can help too off course. Considering that you(RTE) use short rest intervals.

8. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

60-70% of the 1RM doesn't mean the intensity is low. Intensity can be high based on quite more than just the percentage of the 1RM.

9. RTE

RTE Well-Known Member

I wouldn't need them anyway. Do you? Why this discusion? Did I hit a sore point stating my opinion and giving Mick good advice.

BTW: I use 80% of 1repmax to start, I am always increasing my weights by going to MMfailure. And my 4/4 increases intensity. If you are alive when you are 63, I hope you do as well.

#29 RTE, Mar 2, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2006
  10. Skoorb

Skoorb Well-Known Member

No effing wonder I get jack crap out of so-called energy drinks. So, redbull has barely more caffeine than soda and costs more than twice as much!

11. Philadow

Philadow Well-Known Member

How many scoops of No-Xplode do you take pre-workout? Try upping the dose a scoop. And if you eat before you lift like I do, wait about 30-35 minutes before taking the No-Xplode, then you should feel like kicking some ass in about 20 minutes. I know I do :D

12. bradh

bradh Well-Known Member

I refering to intensity in relation to your 1RM, i stated that.

I find it very hard to believe anyone can use a 404 tempo with there %801RM and do anymore then 2 or 3 reps.

13. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

This is what I saw Brad:

I was saying that 60% of the 1RM can still be high intensity with other things going on (rep speed, volume, etc.).

By the way, let me explain myself after discussing this issue with RTE in PM today. I said some comments were rude, and at first glance I still think they are. RTE was however commenting on society in general to which I agree - many are looking for the magic pill (or needle). Where I disagree is in saying that some of the experienced bodybuilders in this thread fall into that category. Again, at first glance, it sounded like RTE was throwing some of us into that category, but he wasn't (he PMed me, it's cool :)). I won't speak for others, but I personally like a pre-workout jolt sometimes, and I am definitely not looking for the magic pill, and I am completely drug free (no needles here!).

14. bradh

bradh Well-Known Member

Cool Chris, i was just trying to illict some discussion, it probably wasn't a good time(post) to do it.

I too have PM'd RTE in response to his.

We're all in this together: Bottomlime - If we are around here long enough, active and still get passionate we love this stuff :) IE training, nutrition etc

Yes guys i had a few today with my buddy who i never seen in about 2 years, sorry,,,,:doh:

Train Hard

15. karatetricker

karatetricker Well-Known Member

Brad, you really, really need to start thinking about what you have typed out before you hit the submit button.

The percentage of your 1RM you use during a workout has absolutely no direct relation to the intensity of the workout. I don't know what %age I workout with because I don't do 1RM. However, I have done 5x5, 6x6, etc using at most, what would be around 50% of my 1RM and if you are going to try and tell me those workouts are not intense, you're off your rocker. They are more intense than any other workouts I've done.

Note, 5x5 is merely an example and I'm not being defensive because it's my preferred method of training. I actually hated it when I did it and will likely never do it again. Just pointing out that you often call people out on the most absurd, bogus things possible and you really should show some more respect before your accusations.

As far as the whole supplementing pre-workout, I think there comes a point where you need to stop stacking up supplement after supplement just to boost your intensity and consider increasing your intensity from within, but that's merely my opinion. I have no more or less respect for those that do. Like I said, I like a good cup of coffee before my workouts myself.

16. Kino

Kino Well-Known Member

Does everybody feel validated yet? :lol: I'm just looking at these caffeine amounts...Mr Coffee (actually Cuisinart) says I have 4 cups of coffee in one big mug. So 4 cups x 115-175mg of caffeine + 1 full dose (some only use 1 scoop) of Super Charge at 300mg = :eek: :eek: :eek: No wonder I'm raring to go at 5:15AM :lol:
    I'm not even touching the intensity discussion...I'm tired

17. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it's 100mg.

18. betastas

betastas Well-Known Member

I agree. Recall the monks who burned themselves to death in meditative states in Tibet? That's intensity.

For myself, I actually stay relatively calm and non-chalant about my workouts. I do very well and stay focussed, but I think about it rationally as I do it and convince myself of it's possibility, not wonder about my failure.

Also - No one has said music! How about a good hardcore tune to get your blood going and pump you up? I definitely have experienced a resurgence, however temporary, in motivation when that roarin song comes into my headphones.

19. Shane Reid

Shane Reid Well-Known Member

What about ginseng? (spelling) I took a few pills of ginseng a loooong time ago at work when I did twelve hour shifts, and I did notice a small boost, but I can't be sure if it would be recomended for working out, my memory is pretty vague of that time because well, it was very repetitive work and I kind of just zoned out to get it done, making myself into a robot, sometimes even believing I was a robot. I was a kick ass robot, I wonder sometimes though if I could be a human, I do enjoy the same stuff as you guys and... haha okay i'll stop now I just got a little off track because I have a wee rush from a good night of snowboarding.

20. cajunman

cajunman Well-Known Member

Miscellaneous techniques:
    For morning workouts, I used to do ice-cold showers prior to going to the gym. Force yourself to get under the faucet, and get ready to rumble.
    Nose tork, like Mastover said. See God, get teary-eyed, and hit a PR all at once. Downside is you may be suspected of snorting coke before sets by inexperienced gym-goers.
    I've gobbled ephedra down when I was younger. Just be sure it kicks in when you're in the gym...a few seconds early, and you're ripping the flush handle off the urinal...
    Watch Lou Ferrigno's shoulder press scene in "Pumping Iron"...'nuff said. I could replay that scene all day long.

Have a love-hate relationship with the weights. Talk to the weights. Hate the weights. Glare at the weights. Want to destroy the weights, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women. GRRRR!!!:mad: :mad: :evil: (Depending on the crowd and your individual preference, this can be highly theatrical...best in most commercial gyms to be an internal dialogue...my goal is for people around me to actually see little steam clouds coming out of my ears...and the old saying "so mad you can't see straight" really is true...)

:gl: