1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

What to do about all this soreness?

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by ChrisQ, Feb 1, 2004.

1. ChrisQ

ChrisQ Well-Known Member

Well, I tried out the beginner workout listed here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143006
    and I got through the leg part with only minor stiff/soreness. When I did day two (biceps/back) I woke up the next day and it took me ten minutes to get out of bed because my arms and back were so sore. I didn't injure myself, it was just muscle soreness.
    Can you guys recommend any supplements, vitamins, etc to take that can minimize workout soreness? I'm taking a good multi, vitamin c,e,cod liver oil, and a protein supplement now as well as doing stretches and a mild warmup prior and extensive stretches post workout. What can I change to decrease soreness?

Thanks,

Chris

2. SCHTEEVIE

SCHTEEVIE Well-Known Member

if you are just getting started, deal with it - it will get better. :jumping:

don't go too crazy lifting really heavy for the start - get used to how to do each exercise and make sure your form is good.

try some light cardio for 5-10 minutes to get warmed up, and then stretch during or after (not before) your workout.

some soreness is always to be expected, but it will get better as your body gets used to the working out. :bb:

3. BillS

BillS Well-Known Member

I feel your pain... ;)

Actually, I do! My pecs are killing me right about now. I've never really looked into anything to lessen the pain because, like many people I know, I find that I LIKE the soreness that I get for 2 days or so after a hard workout. Nothing like hitting the upper body so hard that when you get into the shower, you can barely raise your arms high enough to wash your hair.. you know you're gonna feel it in the morning.. and you love it! :bb:

You will also find that the soreness may last longer when you are first starting out. Proper nutrition and hydration along with a good warm up and stretching routine will help, so you are on the right track.

4. davey_fl

davey_fl Well-Known Member

no pain no gain :)