1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

What music do you listen to?

Discussion in 'Introductions & Advice For Beginners' started by stefanjagger, Jul 18, 2008.

1. stefanjagger

stefanjagger Active Member

Hey

Just wondering, what music do you listen to when training?

I am hoping to get a collection of good music together so I have some good workout material.

Personally: I am currently listening to whatever is playing at the gym!

Cheers :tucool:

2. Croz

Croz Active Member

Some people have a set type of music they listen to when working out, be it metal, country, etc.

I listen to whatever music I have that provokes a strong emotional reaction, and gets me pumped up.

As a result, anyone else listening to my playlist would be confused by the mix of alternative, classical, etc., but for me, each song fires me up.

But if you're looking for a specific band/song recommendation, you might want to give us some idea of what you like. If you only listen to Italian opera, it might not be a good idea to give you a lot of hip hop suggestions. :lol:

3. stefanjagger

Italian Opera is spot on! :claplow:

I hear what you're saying... I need to find what works for me.

I'm into many types of music so will probably just stick some pumped up hardcore :tucool:

4. Doubleoqueso

Doubleoqueso Active Member

Sometimes I like to lift in silence. Feels more intense that way.

Most of the time it's techno or rock for me, though.

5. Porter_

Porter_ Active Member

Rise Against, Underoath, Linkin Park, Dropping Daylight, Papa Roach, Earshot, Three Days Grace, and some other lesser known bands.

Rock gets me amped up during my workouts. Sometimes i don't know how i ever lifted without an MP3 player. Last week my battery died as i walking out of the locker room to go lift, and although the workout was still good it would have been much better with music. :guitar:

6. paulo_drummer

paulo_drummer Well-Known Member

I like to listen agressive music when I'm lifting, like Hatebreed or Sepultura.
    For cardio nothing works better for me than The Crystal Method. :tucool:

7. RTE

RTE Well-Known Member

I listen to music a couple or more hours a day. Anytime I am in my car. But never in a gym or while working out. I want to focus on the exercise and the muscle being worked. Don't let music get between you and your workout.

8. iconatic

iconatic Active Member

It really depends on the day, and the workout I am about to do. I often sit in the changeroom at my gym after I get changed and throw a playlist together, or just play an album.

Some artists that I like to crank out to: Audioslave, Billy Talent, Blink 182 (so old!), Daft Punk, Death from above 1979, Dropkick Murphy's, Finch, Finger 11, Foo Fighters, Girl Talk, Gorillaz, Incubus, Interpol, Jedi Mind Tricks, Jurassic 5, Justice, Rise Against, RJD2, Rage Against the Machine, Offspring, N.I.N, Swollen Members, Thrice, Tiesto, Tool, The Tragically Hip, Weezer, and +44.

I kind of span across alot of genre's; somedays it's techno, some days it's rock, some day's it's electronica, and somedays it's indie-alternative... depends on how I am feeling in the moment!

9. Frank123

Frank123 Active Member

Gee, you know your getting old and out of touch when you've never heard of most of the bands mentioned in this thread. Anyways, like a few others mentioned, most of the time I like to work out to no music at all. When I do listen to music, there is no particular genre. Some people like to create playlists on their mp3 players for different scenarios such as working out. Me in particular, my mp3 player has a mix of classic rock, classical, some jazz etc. I always put in on random so I'll never know what may come up.

10. steven-c

steven-c Well-Known Member

I should point out that when i am lifting is the only time i actually listen to music.

Most of these i wouldnt put on while driving. too aggressive:

-Rollins Band
    -Marilyn Manson
    -Rage Against the Machine
    -Probot
    -Queens of the Stone Age
    -Daft Punk
    -Nine Inch Nails

11. drewski_86

drewski_86 Active Member

First off just wanted to say hi, signed up to the forum a day or two ago and this is my first post.

Getting back on topic though - i think its really cool to see that you guys/gals listen to such a broad range of music. Most people (my age at least) tend to stick to one or two genres, for instance certain friends that ill hang out with will only listen to Tiesto, but when i try to put a song by Marilyn Manson or System of a Down they tell me to turn it off and vice-versa with another group that only listen to hard-metal ill throw in Paul Van Dyk and i lose my position as dictator of my own radio in my car.

Just thought it was really cool to see that people arent slaves to their own genres. :tucool:

12. stefanjagger

Thanks rtestes, I hear your point. :bb:

13. Bt443407

Bt443407 Active Member

Dance Gavin Dance, A Skylit Drive, Underoath, August Burns Red, The Absence, As Blood Runs Black, Between The Buried and Me, The Black Dahlia Murder, Dream Theater, Megadeth, Metallica, Nevermore, Parkway Drive, Protest The Hero, Scar Symmetry...to name a few ;)