1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

What music do you listen to while training?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by leandom, Feb 7, 2011.

1. leandom

leandom Active Member

Hi all,
    A little argument started between the wife and i lastnight lol. I thought it was a little funny. We where training together this generally does not happen. When she is training I like to focus all my attention on her.

But anyway I put on the MP3 player in the home gym it was what I train to METALLICA

Everytime I would lift a weight well and truely knowing that I would not put it down she would put on some dance music or RNB. And Vice versa I would do the same to her and put my music back on. At first we where giggling like kids then it started to ger annoying lol.

Got me thinking what do others listen to.

2. jasarsenault

jasarsenault Active Member

I generally like hard rock and heavy metal. Metallica gets a lot of play on my MP3 player as well! Somtimes i'll listen to the stuff that's just playing over the speakers at the gym - mostly rock - which works fine too. While I have a lot of different tastes in music, I find this stuff works best for me in the gym.

3. spatzcat_11

spatzcat_11 Active Member

I'm obsessed with rage against the machine....now, when everyone else was in the 90's, but, whatever works. -- angry music helps. alot.:mad:

4. leandom

leandom Active Member

I have not listened to rage against the machine for years. You got me thinking about it now mght have to pull it out for this afternoons session.

5. BusyChild

BusyChild Well-Known Member

I have playlists for Metallica, Guns n Roses, Van Halen, Motley Crue, Slayer, Megadeth then another mix of various artists. Occasionally I throw in this dvd of a Linkin Park show and crank that up.

For cardio I've put on techno. Since I'm doing something repetitive I like the music the same way. I zone out and forget I'm exercising.

6. sandman

sandman Well-Known Member

Either Hip Hop or Metal. Both really get me jacked for my workout.

7. RTE

RTE Well-Known Member

I am an old guy, music died about the same time as Elvis. But seriously, I have always believed a rep should take 6-8 seconds to build muscle, you can't do that to noise.:tucool:

8. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo Well-Known Member

Good to see you back RTE! :)

9. Robert2006

Robert2006 Active Member

Yes to this. :claphigh:

Elvis Costello isn't dead. :D

Personally my brain sort of turns off. I'm not sure I'd hear anything. Worse if it's like driving there would be days the music would alter me. So best to work out in silence.

10. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

Everything...

From The 1812 Overture, to Frank Sinatra, to The Ramones, to Morbid Angel. :guitar: