1. JSF is shutting down on February 12, 2020. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

What kind of floor

Discussion in 'Gym Equipment' started by mazaffar, Apr 4, 2007.

1. mazaffar

mazaffar Well-Known Member

Hi,
    My conservatory has just been completed and it has a concrete floor. I have a powertec wb-ls waiting to be assembled and i was wondering what kind of floor i should put down? Maybe tiles? I am not sure. Please help. I am looking for something smooth, flat, level and something that will protect the concrete subfloor underneath.

Mazaffar.

2. iceweaselsarecool

iceweaselsarecool Well-Known Member

3. rxdude

rxdude Active Member

That flooring does look good. However, if you are OK with plain black rubber, you should look into horse stall mats from a Tractor Supply Company or your local ag supply/feed store. A 4'x6' mat is around $40. They are about 3/4" thick, heavy and very durable (designed for horses to walk on). No worries about dropping weights and it will resist any cuts or punctures from heavy equipment.

They are recommended in this thread and others:

http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/showthread.php?t=34288&highlight=stall+mats

4. HobbesAB

HobbesAB Well-Known Member

I highly recommend these mats as well. I bought 6 of them for my home gym and they are well worth the money and time.

5. mazaffar

mazaffar Well-Known Member

I don't think my wife would let me put that kind of floor in the conservatory. It has to look less like a gym and more like a conservatory. What do you think of porcelain/marble floor tiles?

6. Monkey0ne

Monkey0ne Well-Known Member

If horse stall mats don't appeal to you, I was thinking that maybe you can cover it with carpet or area rugs but then I found this:

http://www.tacttiles.com/

You might wanna call them up or send them an eMail to see if it's available in your area...