1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

What is your job?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by HardTrainer, Jan 19, 2009.

1. ekomomai

ekomomai Well-Known Member

Abattoir production supervisor. Not all that disgusting when wearing protective clothing and take a shower when done. Only trouble is the consistent early morning starts (anytime from 3am to 5am start) but over early so plenty of time for gym in the afternoon.

2. Specialbear

Specialbear Well-Known Member

Where are you attending school? I'm deciding between Wayne State, NYU and Tulane right now.

And you're 20??!! Did you skip like 3 grades or somehting??

3. TheThirdMohican

TheThirdMohican Active Member

In the South.

Skipped a grade, graduated high school early, and finished college in a couple of years.

4. Speedster

Speedster Active Member

And on the 7th day, he rested. ;)

5. Benny

Benny Well-Known Member

By-law enforcement

6. Speedster

Speedster Active Member

Like for a homeowner's association? You ensure that the bylaws are enforced? Shrubs trimmed to the right height? Matching fences? Quiet children? :D

7. SWO LIFE

SWO LIFE Active Member

Graduated with a degree in Computer Engineering, now I'm a Naval Officer.

8. RTE

RTE Well-Known Member

Back in 1958, my Mama said I will be going to college when you do (She was 45, I was a sophomore in high school) you got to get out of school as soon as possible, we can't afford it. My Daddy was retired. So I skipped a year in high school and college. Then I had to work a year waiting til I was near 21 to enter officer training in Air Force. I had married when I was 19, graduated at 20 and two months. Later in life I picked up a couple of more degrees. Get the pieces of paper, they open doors.

I was going to stay just 4 years then go to Law School. I liked the Military stayed 20 years and retired then went into state government for 12 years and retired at 54. I day traded for 7 years and decided to quit ahead before a turn-down. So I just enjoyed 11 grand kids, now they are getting in college and think they know more than I do, which shows their lack of maturity. That is it in a nutshell.

9. CA$ON

CA$ON Well-Known Member

We should talk trading one day. :tucool:

10. theMasters

theMasters Active Member

I day trade too when I feel like losing money. :bang:

11. Sparx88

Sparx88 Well-Known Member

:spitcoffee:

12. spdfrk

spdfrk Active Member

Cisco Network Engineer for a software company. Before this I was self employed contracted with the Home Depot. Before that I was a Navy Seabee (Construction Electrician). I get up at 5am to work on weights and fit in a 30 min cardio in the evening. Started the workout routine with diet a little over 3 weeks ago. Sleep depends if my kids wake up in the middle of the night. So far it's working thanks to this site. :)

13. jdb-44

jdb-44 Active Member

Database adminstrator at the corporate headquarters for an international distributor of wire and cable.

I consider myself extremely lucky, because my office is 15 minutes from my home, and our family YMCA is about 8 minutes away. I get up at 4:30AM for my workouts so I can go straight home from work and be with my wife and kids. Works for me!

14. Mauidude

Mauidude Active Member

RTE, that's a classic about your grandkids. My kids are like that now (30, 22, 19). Oh well, why bother with the old man when they have life all figured out anyway. LOL. I wonder if I was like that at that age.

As for me, I am intentionally unemployed right now. Like Mohican, I got out of college at the age of 20 (I just crammed the classes in and took CLEP tests), then off to Geo. Wash. Law School in D.C. 15 years as a trial attorney in Honolulu, 10 years as a builder on Maui, two years teaching at Calvary Bible College.

My kids are grown and I've got four grandkids. The last five years I've moved from Maui, to Northern California, to North Idaho, and last year to NC, but I'm moving back to Maui this summer. Wife of 20+ years decided five years ago that she was too hip for me anymore, so she left me and I was left to raise my 15 year old son by myself. He got into drugs and life was hell for three years dealing with it. I got remarried last year to a wonderful woman.

Right now, I spend my days serving my Lord Jesus Christ, feeding the homeless, planting house churches, whitewater kayaking, and in my spare time take my workouts very seriously. :bb:

15. KC1985

KC1985 Active Member

I'm an engineer working at Adobe Systems.

And, I need to get back and focus on fitness. :)

16. Buster

Buster Active Member

I'm a practising barrister in England (i.e. the lawyers who do almost solely in-court advocacy in the higher courts). I'm self-employed, but the hours can be extremely erratic. Depending on my caseload, I can have anything from 1-2 hours sleep a night to a complete day free. Not great for planning a fitness schedule and diet, but I'm trying!

NB: I'm not quite as old as the man below!

[​IMG]

17. Jmov

Jmov Active Member

I'm a web designer. I usually workout during the morning, before work.
    I'm in the lucky position where my workplace pays for the gym, and it's located in the same block as our office is!

18. raptor

raptor Well-Known Member

I'm jealous, the gym nearest to my office is 15 minutes away, makes it hard to duck out at lunch for a quick workout.

I'm a software developer who is stuck behind a desk way too much.