1. JSF is shutting down on February 12, 2020. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

What equipment have you bought for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Gym Equipment' started by Happy Monster, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Happy Monster

Happy Monster Well-Known Member

I've bought myself some NewGrips and am very happy with them so far. What about all of you? :)

2. Maxzeus

Maxzeus Well-Known Member

Ive got a rack system that I want to SELL for x-mas.

3. Silver

Silver Well-Known Member

i bought myself a Polar S625x

pimpin'

4. BusyDizzyIzzy

BusyDizzyIzzy Active Member

Hmmm, lets see, bought Lamar LS513 FID bench, Lamar power rack w/lat attachment, bought CAP MP 250lb. selectorized weight stack for Lamar power rack lat attachment, bought Lamar rotary leg ext,curl station, Lamar calf machine, TKO ez curl bar, TKO 7 ft. olympic bar, CAP pro curl bar, CAP tricep bar,CAP squat bar, CAP shrug bar, some muscle clamps and a few other odds and ends, lol.

5. HobbesAB

HobbesAB Well-Known Member

very nice :tucool:

Lets see some pics. You made yourself one kick @$$ setup. :madpimp:

6. beluga

beluga Active Member

I saw some 110 pound hex dumbbells at Play It Again Sports. My wife offered to buy me them for Christmas. :tu:

It's funny...I was a computer/video game equipment geek a few years ago. I'm still a geek, just different stuff now.

7. Goneguy

Goneguy Active Member

Picked up the Powertec wb-ms. I love it. Thankfully, so does the wife.

8. bradh

bradh Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of getting some Ez Grips. You clip them on BB's to make the surface area thicker.

I would get Waterburys new book to if it available somewhere besides Biotest.

9. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I bought myself some steak.

10. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

What do you have against Biotest that you won't purchase his book from them?

Lol, nice.

11. bradh

bradh Well-Known Member

Shipping and everytime i got something from Biotest i can nailed for duty fees. I've ordered alot of stuff in the states that didn't get nailed by duty fees.

I really want to see his Total Strength Program, i'd say its a great system for maximal strength. I might want to run it after Perfect 10 in another 5 weeks, hopefully i'll have the book then. :)

12. Webdrifter

Webdrifter Active Member

I found some super great deals so I treated myself to some Christmas goodies. I bought a Hoist HF985 smith machine with the 200lb weight stack with the peck deck/ lat attachment. It also had the heavy duty F/I/D bench with it ($800.00). I also bought some equipment from a man that had closed a gym several years ago it included: Dumbells in pairs 65Lbs through 100Lbs in 5 lb incriments, this also included two large racks that they set on. He also had a set of 10 pre-loaded barbells and the rack that they set on, these go from 35Lb to 125Lbs in 10Lb incriments. I bought all of this for ($250.00), I couldn't believe the price. I also found a body-solid GFID-71 bench on ebay for ($128.00). It didn't look like it had ever been used. Now I have all the dumbells that used to be in this gym 15Lbs - 100Lbs. I had been seriously considering buying a Titan, but finding good equipment at these prices is very hard to pass up.:bb:

13. j4yman

j4yman Active Member

I have been a good little boy this year!

2 - 4 X 6 rubber stall mats

300 lb set of VTX grip plates (including bar)

Powertec power rack

Grizzly dipping belt

MyoTape

Westside Seminar DVD

( I think I will order the IronMaster Super Bench soon, as that seems to be the bench of choice with the Powertec racks. I will have to ponder whether or not I am willing to part with the cash for the IronMaster Quick-Lock Dumbbells yet or not. )

I am very excited to be able to workout at home now. Not real sure how long the 300 lb set will be enough, though.

14. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

15. smithski

smithski Active Member

After 6 years of not lifting, it was time to get back into the swing of things and reclaim the temple. My wife and older boys will be benefitting from this stuff as well. Merry Xmas to me!

Keys Half-Cage Smith & Gunrack w/ :
    -200 lb. selectorized lat attachment
    -FID bench
    -leg curl attachment
    -preacher attachment
    -misc. bars, ropes for pulleys

Keys Leg Press / Hack Squat

1200 lbs Troy VTX grip plates (2 bars)

10-100 Pro-Style dumbbells
    -10 lb. increments w/ Platemates to allow 5 lb. increments

10 4x6 stall mats

Kettler Condor Elliptical machine

Time to get busy.

16. RDR

RDR Well-Known Member

My wife was kind enough to buy me 20 more 10 pound plates - so that I can keep a pair of 100lb. dumbells set up all the time (I hate switching plates in the middle of a workout)
    ...that gets the grand total up to 2840 pounds of iron in my basement - I think my house is slowly sinking into the ground:lol:

17. J2K66

J2K66 Well-Known Member

My girlfriend got me a Power Tower :) I can finally do dips and pullups in my workout room now, instead of using the door gym for pullups!

Now... I really need to find a deal on some heavier dumbells. Mine currently max at a pair of 50's. I should probably grab some power hooks (or whatever they're called) too.