1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

What Does A "BigFoot" Eat?

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by HevyMetal, Jul 1, 2012.

1. HevyMetal

HevyMetal Well-Known Member

Phyllis A. Balch,in her book "Precription For Dietary Wellness" makes the following observation:-

That......meat-eating animals such as carnivores have a "short" intestinal tract to digest meat quickly...otherwise it will ferment and rot before it reaches expulsion.
    Humans have a "long" digestive tract, which is not suited to meat-eating and is instead geared toward fruits,nuts,seeds, carbohydrates etc.etc.

I know that the Chimpanzee is a carnivore......have seen videos where they will eat another monkey alive.
    Not sure how long their digestive tract is......

But the Gorillas and Apes have "long" digestive tracts.......Apes and Gorillas do not eat meat at all as far as I know. They subsist exclusively on plant food.

Now a Big Foot is a cross between a human and an ape.
    Therefore it stands to reason that they have a "long" digestive tract.
    Which suggest a non-meat eater.

Shows such as "Finding BigFoot" (which I like watching solely for entertainment purposes) suggest that it is all in a day's work for a BigFoot to kill and devour an Elk or deer.

I don't know how a BigFoot kills a deer.....does it carefully tip-toe in behind it and smack it upside the face?

If BigFoots exist at all......IMO they don't kill Elk and Deer.....but are instead largely plant eaters with a smattering of shellfish,fish, maybe bird eggs,insects, grubs,thrown in.

2. Jaer

Jaer Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Harry (from Harry and the Hendersons) ate fish, but not other meat.

Though that is not a science-driven depiction of Big Foot, I don't think.

As for how a big foot gets deer, I would think simple tools (a large rock) or traps, perhaps. Or perhaps they are able to chase down such food--there is a documentary that shows primitive tribes that pursue fast-running food like antelopes until they drop from exhaustion: the antelope is faster at a solid sprint, humans (and perhaps big foot?) have a superior cooling mechanism and can therefore sustain speeds for longer, and therefore run food down.

Personally, I have a difficult time believing humans shouldn't eat meat (and perhaps that was not the actual conclusion of the book you are quoting)--we are, after all, omnivores. Now, I would believe the argument that we are evolved to be better consumers of plants and that meat consumption should be limited.

Jaer
    thinks meat consumption should be limited just to help keep the grocery bill in check.

3. HevyMetal

HevyMetal Well-Known Member

"Harry And The Hendersons".....LOL:lol:...I like that part where the husband is feeding Harry some junk-food chips or something......and the wife gives hubby crap for it because "they're just empty calories"....