1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

What do I do?

Discussion in 'Female Health & Fitness' started by Shell Wrath, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Shell Wrath

Shell Wrath Active Member

Hey everyone - I don't know If any of you remember me from my last 2 posts. I've been trying to figure out what my issue is and this is basically it.

I lost weight in 2009 then when I got to my first goal I noticed that my weight loss was not doing as well even though I had the same eating/exercise habits. I was feeling more energetic and decided to push myself with more exercise and I was really getting into running and LOVED it but I didn't up my calorie intake when I started this. I did this for a few months and I went from having all the energy in the world to eventually NONE. Also fatigue started to set in and as 2010 went on It got worse and worse and worse. I went through hell in 2010 and around May 2010 I eventually gave into food and went overboard with my eating but after a while I was finally able to cut down but again I tried to cut too much since I thought that was the answer. Nope.

Back then I was eating around ~1600 or so calories and was exercising 5 days a week and burning 500-700 calories worth of exercise per day.

I've only gained weight. Since around May 2010 I've gained 30ish pounds and cannot lose weight. I don't get a good feeling after exercise anymore and haven't in a long time. In fact- most of the time a little after exercise I get a wave of fatigue. I haven't really been keeping track of my calories lately but I would guess around 1800 or so?

The fat I've gained won't budge. I've read about cases like mine but wanted to ask advice.

How much do I eat to help this situation? Maintenance I would imagine? When I was using my FitBit last year my usual daily burn with exercise was around 2100 and the online calculators say 2300 so which one?

I eat very healthy and don't eat junk.

I want to regain that awesome energy that I had. I want my flat tummy back. My tummy is now back to bloated and I can't fit into my pants! I had finally lost a good bit of flab off my thighs, butt and midsection and now It's all back and will not budge.

Exercise of course has been harder to do without the energy. I want to aim for 5 days a week and about 200-300 calories a day. Lots of fruits, veggies, whole grains, some nuts/seeds and I love my protein!

Any and all advice is welcome. I am DETERMINED to set this straight to regain my energy so I can RUN again!!! So I can be LEAN again and eventually get to my original goal of 130 pounds. Also- what would help with the fatigue? My sleep is better than it was but I still don't wake up as refreshed as I would like to be.

What do I have to do??? If I have to eat 3000 calories I will, LOL.

:nod:

#1 Shell Wrath, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  2. spatzcat_11

spatzcat_11 Active Member

Can you post what you eat in a day? I know you say you eat healthy, but maybe some choices you make are working against you....

3. Shell Wrath

Usually breakfast is either:
    oatmeal (1/2 cup oats, couple almonds, scoop of soy protein powder) along with a banana
    OR
    scrambled egg + 1/4 cup cottage cheese + sauteed onion/spinach + 2 turkey sausage links with a toasted piece of whole grain bread along with an apple usually

I've been eating a pre-workout snack such as a banana sandwich or a piece of toast with some protein powder on it

Lunch has been a smoothie (protein powder, strawberries, spinach, 1/2 cup v8 fusion) along with a mixed fruit/veggie salad which includes some nuts, cucumber, broc, tomato, canned pumpkin, carrots and a little banana and sometimes little apple/orange

Snacks are usually-
    small sweet potato + 1 tblsp peanut butter
    protein bar
    fruits

Dinner is usually these-
    turkey burger
    OR
    baked chicken
    and 2 sides usually bean and veggie

lately ive been having a dessert I used to have a long while ago.. frozen greek yogurt + protein powder and put onto an ice cream cone

4. Robert2006

Robert2006 Active Member

Depends on why.

Have you tried the simple stuff?

Flip your mattress or if it's old get a new one.

Is your room too warm at night?

Do you eat late?

How many calories do you think that list adds up to?

5. Shell Wrath

I'd say around 1800 or so

and yes I've always eaten later in the evening even when I was losing weight each week

6. harry.michaels

harry.michaels Well-Known Member

Hey Shell Wrath, your situation sounds very frustrating. I can't give you a conclusive solution, but I'll throw a few ideas out there:

Perhaps your cortisol levels are too high. There are a number of causes of this, including general stress, but things like fasted cardio, training too hard etc. all elevate cortisol levels. I found this video very informative:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z44Irf54Wmw

Maybe you have adrenal fatigue syndrome (AFS). This is where your adrenal glands are exhausted from producing too much adrenaline, which results in feeling tired when you wake up, and generally throughout the day, only perking up at night time.