1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

What bothers you the most?

Discussion in 'Female Health & Fitness' started by Danavir, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Danavir

Danavir Active Member

Hey everyone :)

I'm new to the forum here and I just wanted to ask

Whats your biggest frustrations about weight loss?
    Also, whats your biggest fear about weight loss?

I can tell you mine is sticking to anything because life gets in the way a lot :/
    My fears include, not having time to do the things I like and the chance of falling into the same diet/exercise traps that never work...

What about you guys?

2. JetGirl

JetGirl Well-Known Member

This might sound funny..

My biggest frustration is my body! I hate how I have to carefully watch my calories where my boyfriend can eat anything. I hate how my body is more prone to take on fat and I hate that I have hypothyroidism that slows my metabolism. Bah!!

My biggest fear is that I'm doing it wrong. Part of the reason why I'm trying to lose weight is to be healthy and I would hate to be doing it wrong and sacrificing health.

3. spatzcat_11

spatzcat_11 Active Member

my biggest beef is girls that won't lift weights. and when they do, they pick up 2 lb barbie weights.

that cheeses me right off. that, and girls that are OBSESSED with cardio - for weight loss, not for cardiovascular fitness.

I've managed to get where I am, -- I made abs recently :claphigh: and I did it by lifting HEAVY weights, and not doing any cardio.

so there!!!!

4. jsalazar

jsalazar Active Member

Receiving nutrition advice from obese relatives... even though we eat veggies, lean meat and healthy fats everyday :blank:

5. jeremy155rr

jeremy155rr Well-Known Member

+1, getting told i'm looking 'gaunt' and scrawny when i'm still technically 20lbs overweight by a woman thats 5'2" and 220+

Thats one thing I hate, another is the 'last 10lbs' that never want to come off

Scared of.... I ain't skeert:D

6. jeremy155rr

jeremy155rr Well-Known Member

I just realized this was posted in the female health and fitness forum....wonder why?

7. louisa87

louisa87 Active Member

I can relate. My biggest frustration is that I simply don't have enough time to commit to looking the way I want to. I'm a busy person, and some days I can't even find the time for a 10 minute jog. Between my career and work around the house, I feel like I let myself slip with my exercises.

8. Gothgirl

Gothgirl Active Member

Just for the record, this post convinced me to register for this site. I agree (mostly - I do cardio for cv fitness). You Canadian gals are totally kick-ass.

I'm not scared of or bothered by much. I'm not a young woman, though, and I do worry a bit about health issues getting in the way of being able to be active and stay fit.

9. spatzcat_11

:D
    How old are you? what kind of health issues are you worried about?

10. Gothgirl

Gothgirl Active Member

I'm 44. I know, that's not that old, and yes, I've looked at the thread about women 42+ being fit and fabulous. :)

Mostly what I'm concerned about is osteoarthritis, which has been creeping up on me for at least a decade. Mostly it affects my knees (not much pain at this point, just stiffness and that awful crackling sound), and my hips a little. I've been thinking of backing way off on the weight on my squats and working on going to full depth to improve flexibility.

I've been doing yoga for a year and a half, and progress with that is sloooooow. Half pigeon doesn't hurt like hell anymore, but my double pigeon is comical.

11. spatzcat_11

Ah, I found this article, which may be of interest to you...and you may want to start to those squats again.... :confused:
    http://sportsmedicine.about.com/cs/knee_injuries/a/aa100103a.htm