1. JSF is shutting down on February 12, 2020. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

what are your most hated exercises

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by jmike, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Robert2006

Robert2006 Active Member

I think they would kill a person if they tried doing them every week :lol: Like other rest pause type sets.

2. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo Well-Known Member

Pretty much all arm isolation work. That is probably why I don't do much of it.

3. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

Same here. I hate doing biceps, especially. And lying leg curls. I absolutely hate them. For some reason they always knock the crap out of me. Maybe because I do drops and triple drops most times. I hate them. But I still do them. :blank:

4. jmike

jmike Active Member

most definitely squats are my #1 most hated exercises

time for me to get some more practice with them and kick the crap out of them like they kick the crap out of me

5. chicanerous

chicanerous Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Leg curls.

Anything for the calves or forearms as well.

6. Ectomorphic

Ectomorphic Active Member

It's range based for me. As long as I'm doing heavy sets (3-5 rep range), I love most exercises and am neutral on the rest.

But I hate almost all of them as soon as I get into the lighter range (10-12). Ironically though, I found that I made my best gains when I was doing 2 weeks of light weights and high reps (3x8 M, 3x9 W, 3x10 F), which I didn't like, followed by 1 week of heavy (mix of 5x3, 4x3, 5x5, 6x3, 8x3), which I loved. I made my best gains on the heavy sets when I only did them for one week with that two weeks of light stuff in between. Heavy deadlifts are my favorite exercise, so only doing them once every 3 weeks (other two weeks were light) killed me, fun-wise. But I soooo looked forward to them every day of that three weeks. I found that even with that large gap, I added both sets and reps each session.

8 seems to be that range where I neither love nor hate any of the exercises, but generally lean toward liking half and being neutral on the rest.

7. HevyMetal

HevyMetal Well-Known Member

My most hated exercises are the ones that don't get results for me.

I do not like wasting a lot of gym time on 'lifts of the day', 'miracle exercises', and yuppie "fluff" routines.

It took me quite awhile to separate the wheat from the chaff over time.

The internet is crawling with b.s routines, "bro" science and "info-parrots"...(people who read something, will quote it as gospel, but have never done it themselves).

There's nothing worse than putting a lot of time and effort into something that produces zero results..