1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

weightloss routine question

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by BoxedMigration, May 16, 2004.

1. BoxedMigration

BoxedMigration Well-Known Member

If I want to just lose weight, instead of gaining the muscular figure, how many calories should I go for per day?

2. karatetricker

karatetricker Well-Known Member

We need to know a bit more, like your age, height, weight, estimated body fat, regular activity level, etc.

I also think passing up weight training is a big mistake, you don't HAVE to gain a "muscular figure", but who the heck wouldn't want to?

3. BoxedMigration

I'm about 5"10, 205 lbs. I just want to trim down, lose about 20 lbs as opposed to becoming big and muscular.

4. d_samuylin

d_samuylin Well-Known Member

In order to become big and muscular you have to lift heavy and eat adequately. As Karatetricker said, passing the weight training is a big mistake.
    Do your cardio, first thing in the morning, eat clean during the day, lift weights (not heavy weights, but moderate - it will help to for muscle definition and not for growth), and you should be fine.
    As many people here on the forum already said, clean diet is one of the most important factors in fat loss.

5. BoxedMigration

How essential is it to do exercises in the morning right when waking? What I've been doing is exercising a while after dinner time (around 7PM).

6. brezman

brezman Well-Known Member

Cardio in the PM is no big deal. Morning is optimal, but you can easily still get great results from sleeping till 12 everyday and doing cardio whenever. :)

7. d_samuylin

d_samuylin Well-Known Member

When you do cardio in the morning it will raise your metabolism for the rest of the day. Doing cardio in the evening helps to create caloric deficit. YOu will still get results as long as you do cardio and eat clean no matter what time you do it. However, morning cardio on empty stomach will get you to your goal a little faster.