1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Weight loss and lifting

Discussion in 'Introductions & Advice For Beginners' started by christensonryan, Apr 21, 2015.

1. christensonryan

christensonryan New Member

I started working out about 5 months ago. Mostly cardio. I am down 40 lbs. I started lifting on a bowflex 6 weeks ago and now me weightless has slowed down. Could I be putting on muscle weight as fast as in losing fat? I still have about another 20 pounds to go to hit my weight goal. I have adjusted my diet to up the protein intake since starting with weights.

2. phillydude

phillydude Don't Never Give Up.

Media:
    Albums:
    What was your weight loss rate prior to starting weight training, and what is it currently? Also, how much did you adjust your total calorie intake when you started weight training? How often (and for how long) are your weight training sessions?

3. christensonryan

christensonryan New Member

I was around 2 lbs per week and slowed to maybe 1 now. I train 6 days a week with 2 workouts 3 times each. I haven't upped my intake much as my training is not heavy weights more mid weight with higher reps. 3 sets at 10 reps with only 30-45 second rest periods. Once I am able to 3x10 I up weight and the start at 10,7,5 reps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk