1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Week 9 in lifting and the week off? why?

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by rhyn, May 1, 2005.

1. rhyn

rhyn Well-Known Member

Okay, I've been lifting monday-friday for 8 weeks so far going on my ninth and I'm doing max-ot and it is an off week. I really do not want to take the week off, but it's reccomended and I was wondering what exactly is it for? DOMS goes away by the end of the week anyway, basically all Im asking to you guys if you think it is necessary to take a week off, basically im asking what happens during this week thats so important..would it be the mental impact that would be recovering? All I want to know is whats the importance.

Thanks,
    Rhyn

2. Hort

Hort Well-Known Member

Everybody is different but the week off (or more generally said, time off) for recovery is important. The designer of that plan acknowledged that and worked it into the structure.
    Personally- I took the week off. I needed it more than I knew at the time.

3. Fluogen

Fluogen Well-Known Member

It is my off week too and I've been looking forward to it. Physically I need it because my lower back has been hurting a bit and overall I'm pretty beat right now. Between work, school and working out I'm tired.

Mentally it is nice to have some time off too. I'm waking up at my normal time this week and using the 'extra' time to get some stuff done I've been putting off. It feels good to have that stuff off my mind. I'm also going to rethink some of my workout and diet plans this week so that will be good too.

4. rhyn

rhyn Well-Known Member

yeah im taking the week off after all, gonna come back with a new plan, diet is fine as is for now.