1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Weak muscles, strong heart?

Discussion in 'Female Health & Fitness' started by Doubleoqueso, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Doubleoqueso

Doubleoqueso Active Member

A carnivorous man who lifts religiously but does not do cardio and a vegetarian woman with great cardiovascular fitness but no lifting experience... Aside from weights used, would you say there are any differences between the way the two should train?

#1 Doubleoqueso, Feb 9, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  2. goonie

goonie Active Member

Why the concern for conditioning if you're trying to get her strong enough to be capable of doing her first bodyweight chinups?

From the handful of people I've helped do chinups, heart rate and how hard they were sweating wasn't much of a factor in making progress.

EDIT:

Apparently there's been a massive edit on this question since I left this winow open. Things have been replaced with what sounds like the opener for a "two people walk into a bar...." joke. :)

Anyway, if your girlfriend wants to be able to do a chinup, then address the limiting factor(s), which isn't conditioning.

In regards to the revised question, it would depend entirely on what their respective goals are.

3. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

:lol: i liked the first question (pre edit) better. i was waiting for :zen: to answer it.

4. Doubleoqueso

Doubleoqueso Active Member

I was hoping if it were more concise I might get a response :doh:

The goals are similar; get as close as possible to maximum strength potentials in the most effective and honest manner.

LOL, Deja!! I'd never seen a Zen smiley before! :zen: :lol::lol::lol: Sorry you're not too keen on the edit...

5. RTE

RTE Well-Known Member

Men and Women are capable of performing the same routine. The man is usually stronger, weights used may be different. People of either sex may be more comfortable in a certain routine then another, but not due to sex.:cool:

6. zenpharaohs

zenpharaohs Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Not really.

7. zenpharaohs

zenpharaohs Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I didn't see it. :confused: