1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Want to feel weak

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by Robert2006, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Robert2006

Robert2006 Active Member

2. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo Well-Known Member

3. Jaer

Jaer Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I wonder how she felt about having those "school girls" posing in the pics with her. I'd have been all, "Get out of my photo shoot or I will toss you weak-ass bitches across the room!"

But that's just me.

Jaer
    was very impressed. Cool vid.

4. Robert2006

Robert2006 Active Member

Got to say vids like this motivate me more then the ones of big guys lifting 600+ lbs. I can reason the big guy is bigger then me so it's okay. But she is benching more then me and her squat and deadlift aren't much below my personal bests so I've got no excuse.

5. sevenatenine

sevenatenine Active Member

I was wondering what purpose they served as well. It almost seems like they are undermining the female lifters, like they aren't good enough for the pics themselves.

6. imelda

imelda Well-Known Member

Wow, Sioux-z Hartwig! She's been at it for a long time now and just keeps getting more powerful. Strong, beautiful and doesn't look like she lives off of egg-whites and oatmeal. I love her!:tucool:

As for the "schoolgirls": well, they've got to display their talents, too, y'know! Seriously, maybe they were inspired just a little, one hopes.

7. Jaer

Jaer Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I did appreciate that they were in the background, watching intently and clapping and cheering during the lifts.

My first thought at seeing them in the background was "what a strange juxtaposition...." and figured these booth bunny's weren't really interested in what was going on, just being paid as advertising for some supplement company. That they seemed interested during the lifts, that brought them up in my esteem, but I couldn't help but wonder at being in the photoshoot.

Jaer
    had a little bit of stereo-type reaction to what he perceived immediately as "eye candy," but who knows, maybe those school girls train hard and are hoping to compete one day.

8. imelda

imelda Well-Known Member

I do think it's weird that they were in the photoshoot....I mean, imagine if it were guy power-lifters, and after they'd done these insane lifts and were ready for their accolades, a pair of Calvin Klein model-type pretty-boys marched up to the podium and stood there just being eye-candy.......what's the deal? I dunno, I guess the girls served some marketing purpose, like you said. Just looks strange.:confused:

9. MT77

MT77 Active Member

Impressive! Thats a 799 raw total at 114, or 7 times BW. Blows my 6.3 out of the water. :o

10. Pete5

Pete5 Active Member

Impressive, but honest to god, I saw a high school girl at a powerlifting meet deadlift 335 in the same weight class.

11. MT77

MT77 Active Member

With or without a suit? The vid was from a raw meet if I'm not mistaken.. Most PL meets are not raw; DL suits and wraps are allowed.

12. Pete5

Pete5 Active Member

Ah, good point sir. Yep, the whole works, suit, wraps.

13. cajunman

cajunman Well-Known Member

Girls were card girls from the Tilted Kilt, sports bar near the meet site. Some feds and promoters like to use card girls to punch up the meet atmosphere. European feds have naked or topless card girls. Different strokes different folks. Most don't care. I don't think Sioux-Z cares, or she wouldn't have included the pic in the video she (or Matt) made and posted.

14. Jaer

Jaer Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I was guessing supplement marketing, but card girl makes sense. I would think that if I was a powerlifter getting my award, I would not want some Calvin Klein models there (great comparison Imelda! That does put it in perspective) in the shot. But then again, there is always that thought process while the photos are being taken "Sure, they look like this, but they can't come close to lifting what I just did. Weaklings!"

And Cajun does make a great point that if she was bothered by them, they prolly wouldn't be there.

Jaer
    guesses Sioux-Z just has a better perspective then he would of himself in that situation. Good on her!

15. stallion16

stallion16 Well-Known Member

damn this girl is impressive. At only 113 pounds too. wow! Well done!