1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Vuelta a España 2014

Discussion in 'Road Cycling, Mountain Biking & Cyclocross' started by joky_knt, Aug 18, 2014.

1. joky_knt

joky_knt Member

This Satuarday begins the Vuelta a España 2014, do you have a prediction or favourite riders?

I think Nairo Quintana will win this edition, but Froome is very strong too.

My prediction for the general clasification is:

1. Nairo Quintana
    2. Chris Froome
    3. Joaquím Rodriguez

I strongly recomend you to watch the stages in Asturias' mountains, in the second week. "Lagos de Covadonga" and "La Farrapona" are tough climbs.

2. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

I'm looking forward to this one. My money is also on Quintana, no one climbs like he does! The guy never shows any pain, either. All business as he slays mountain after mountain...

3. abuseguy

abuseguy Active Member

It's going to be a great race, perhaps the best Grand Tour of the season. I like your Top 3 and and agree that Quintana is the favorite having won the Giro, not ridden the Tour de France, and escaped injury for the season. I admire Contador's pluck in reversing himself and deciding to ride the race after his fast recovery from a broken leg, but how fit can he be when he said just a few days ago: "I’ve been riding the bicycle for the last 10 days and yesterday was the first day I could climb a mountain pass without knee pain."

Both Froome and Talansky have a lot to prove after the Tour. Both of them must be itchin' to ride hard and win stages after healing from the Tour. Amazing year.

4. Paul Bruining

Paul Bruining Active Member

It's disappointing that Universal Sports is now a premium channel. It's got some good cycling, but more filler second-tier races than it's probably worth paying for.