1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Vitamin D3

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by mastover, Sep 20, 2011.

1. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20050857?

This is a very interesting study. I have now been taking vitamin D3 for about a year now. My dosing is 20,00 IU's 2x per week, usually on Monday and Thursday. I connected with my my old coach, Charles Poliquin and he recommended higher amounts taken with meals, 2x per week. I just might take him up on it. I recommend D3 to older people, in their 50's and over. I have a 60 year old client who's been using a prescribed intake for the last two months, and in his words, "I have never felt this horny in over 25 years" :) What this indicates is that his test levels are naturally increasing.

As for myself, even with my neural muscle wasting disease, I feel like a brahma bull in the gym with the test levels of ten 18 year old kids. Granted, I am only able to train every 3-4 days, but my strength mirrors the poundages I was using 10 years ago, although I weigh less.

I have never done HRT and always search for the natural counterpart.

Check with your physician before using the dosage I am on. He/she will determine what your blood levels are, and if you can safely use the higher dosages. Although toxicity is rare... People in year round sunny climates might be getting some exogenous D3 with sun, so check with your doc via blood test.

This is very promising stuff.... I will continue researching D3. :nod:

2. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo Well-Known Member

Yup, D3 has a host of benefits to it (bone health, immunity, heart disease, etc.)-- I've been taking 5000 IU per day for a couple of years now, had my blood tested and my level was in the mid 60's.

3. DFS

DFS Well-Known Member

Good stuff mastover, I like these little snippet info threads you've started of late.