1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

VICKY'S ROAD TO EXCELLENCE

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by ZxViCkYxZ, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Avy

Avy Active Member

I used to get foot cramps in the middle of the night - and like every night for a few months! I dont think i've ever had a calf cramp? I'm sure it hurts like a bitch though. Hopefully the bananas and water helped!

2. ZxViCkYxZ

ZxViCkYxZ Active Member

Hah, yeah, calf cramps are pretty painful. Let's hope you never get them, Avy.

November 19th, 2008 (Yesterday)

I've decided to make being able to do wide-grip pull-ups as one of my goals. I think it's a great way to work the anterior delts and it's also less stressful on my spine since there's nothing weighing down on me from above my head. Problem is, I can't do them for the life of me :p. So what I did as someone once recommended on the forum was to grab the grips, jump up and come down as slowly as I can (w/o assist), and as time progresses, I should be able to come down slower and eventually pull myself up. I did 3 sets of 8 of these, and I'm sure feeling it in my shoulders and biceps today. I like the challenge that comes with be able to do pull-ups and I hope soon I will be able to do one :lol:.

Meal 1 (7:30 AM) 6 egg whites, 2 strips turkey bacon

Meal 2 (12:00 PM) 1 can chunk light tuna in 1 tbsp canola-based mayo on whole wheat bread, 1/2 steamed yam

Meal 3 (3:30 PM) Small tuna bun, honey roasted peanuts 1 hr later

Workout (6:15 PM)

Shoulders/legs
    -DB shoulder presses
    20 lbs @ 2x10, 2x8
    -Unassisted pull-up attempts
    3x8
    -Incline leg press
    200 lbs @ 3x8
    -Leg extensions
    75 lbs @ 4x8
    22 mins HIIT elliptical 2:2 @ 85-90%, 2-min cool down

Meal 4 (8:45 PM) Broiled eel, 1 cup rice, 1/2 steamed yam

3. CA$ON

CA$ON Well-Known Member

Hey Vicky,

Curious ...Whos workout plan are you using? Or did you make one?

:tucool:

4. ZxViCkYxZ

ZxViCkYxZ Active Member

Hmm.. to tell you the truth Chris, I made up my own lifting program and progressed with it every two weeks or so. Lately I've been jumping back and forth and haven't really gotten as far as I would've liked to. Back to the drawing board..

5. ZxViCkYxZ

ZxViCkYxZ Active Member

November 21st, 2008 (10:44 AM)

Did chest and triceps last night. Decided do incorporate dips from now on. Afterwards, went out with Charles to Uno and had their baked stuffed chicken breast (stuffed with spinach, broccoli, and tomatoes) with roasted seasoned veggies and "craisin" (cranberry raisin) brown rice. It was actually really good and not too bad on the calorie count. Charles had their signature deep-dish pizza, which is incredibly good, but super fattening.

Meal 1 (7:30 AM) 1 scoop Nitrean in low-fat milk

Meal 2 (11:30 AM) 1 can chunk light tuna in 1 tbsp canola-based mayo on whole-wheat

Meal 3 (3:30 PM) Broiled eel over 1 cup rice

Workout (6:00 PM)

Chest/triceps
    -BB bench press
    75 lbs @ 3x8
    -DB incline press
    30 lbs each side @ 3x8
    -DB pullovers
    30 lbs @ 3x8
    -DB flies
    15 lbs @ 3x8
    -Rope bent-over extensions
    20 lbs @ 3x8, 25 lbs @ 4x8
    -Dips (unassisted)
    5, 3, 3
    Didn't have time to do cardio :(

Meal 4 (9:30 PM) Baked chicken breast stuffed with spinach, broccoli, and tomatoes, roasted seasoned veggies, "craisin" brown rice

6. ZxViCkYxZ

ZxViCkYxZ Active Member

November 22nd, 2008 (9:55 PM)

OH DEADLIFTS, HOW I HAVE MISSED YOU! I did DL's yesterday after being out of commission for 2 weeks due to some lower spine pain. Well last night I couldn't wait any longer. Being VERY careful with my form, I returned to my normal back/biceps routine, and the only word I have to describe it is bliss :dreamy:. I'm absolutely sore today from yesterday's workout, but it feels SO good!

Meal 1 (7:30 AM) 1 scoop Nitrean and low-fat milk

Meal 2 (9:15 AM) Whole-wheat bagel with cream cheese

Meal 3 (12:15 PM) Broiled eel over 1 cup rice, 5-6 oz. sesame spinach + bok choy

Workout (6:30 PM)

Back/biceps
    -DL's
    115 lbs @ 4x6
    -DB bent over row
    30 lbs ea. side @ 3x8
    -Lat pulldown
    90 lbs @ 2x6, 1x5, 1x4
    -DB curls
    20 lbs ea. side @ 3x8
    -BB curls
    40 lbs @ 3x8
    In celebration of the return of my back workout, Charles and I had sushi last night. I had 3 rolls. Then we went to a bar for drinks. I had 2 tequila sunrises.

All in all a good night. :tu:

Today

Did 30 mins HIIT elliptical 2:2 @ 85-90%. I felt really good after this workout because I had not done cardio since Monday. After cardio, I decided to jump some rope. I'm finally getting into a rhythm with my rope, but not after whipping myself with it a bunch of times. My arms are covered in lashes from being whipped by the rope . The longest I was able to keep a jump going maybe 15 seconds until I started to get a cramp in my stomach :(. I will be doing this more often to increase my endurance, agility, and speed. Plus its a lot of fun ;).

Meal 1 (11:15 AM) 6 egg whites, 2 slices turkey bacon

Meal 2 (3:30 PM) Whole wheat bagel with 1/2 cup cottage cheese

Workout (6:30 PM)

30 mins HIIT elliptical 2:2 @ 85%-90%
    15 mins jumping rope (or attempting to, at least)

Meal 3 (8:30 PM) 6" chicken teriyaki sub w/ veggies

Meal 4 (9:30 PM) 6 pieces assorted sushi

#226 ZxViCkYxZ, Nov 22, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  7. Avy

Avy Active Member

I'm sorry did you just say skipping is fun? :eek: I find skipping about as fun as rubbing salt into a wound. You must have really good technique cos when I do it I am so exhaused that I can barely walk, breath, stand up, anything. My calves and abs are screaming after like a minute and my trainer makes me do it for 5 :o Good on you for adding that in :bow:

8. MadeInNY

MadeInNY Active Member

LOL...that's hilarious!

I actually think it's fun too. I have a couple of really nice, leather jump-ropes that I use, but if I trip up...OUCH!!

9. ZxViCkYxZ

ZxViCkYxZ Active Member

I have a vinyl speed rope and it hurts like hell when I trip up on it. :p

10. Avy

Avy Active Member

Vinyl speed rope? Sounds pretty flash and professional! :) I use a plastic blue one :dance:

11. ZxViCkYxZ

ZxViCkYxZ Active Member

November 30th, 2008 (10:22 PM)

Back from a long Thanksgiving weekend. Hope everyone had a great time with their families eating and spending time. I was off from the gym and the diet this past week, but I plan to get back on track starting tomorrow. I didn't overeat on Thanksgiving, so that's good news at least. I got two great workouts in this week, legs and back/biceps. Hoping to do some grocery shopping tomorrow. This group project that I'm working on for school is killing my schedule :(. I had to miss a workout today to meet with my group, which really sucks. Then headed to a bar to watch my G-Men. I'll have to re-do my schedule also that Charles has been switched to overnight shifts 8pm-4am. That's gonna be a pain in the ass too. ::Sigh:: Oh well.. better stop bitching and do something about it.

Good night everyone!

12. Avy

Avy Active Member

Night shift would suck big time. I hope you can work something out that suits your new schedule :) And dont worry about the missed workouts - we all have weeks like this. You will be back on track in no time :tu:

13. MadeInNY

MadeInNY Active Member

Hey Vic,

Good job on not overeating on Thanksgiving:tucool:
    Is your schedule change permanent? I used to LOVE working at nights, but it's a pain when your schedule changes often. It's difficult to keep on track.

14. ZxViCkYxZ

ZxViCkYxZ Active Member

I'm mainly trying to keep up with Charles' schedule. He's a cop, so he works all kinds of weird hours. He's going to be doing night tours for the next few months maybe until crime rates go down during the night hours :p.

December 3rd, 2008 (9:24 AM)

Wow, can't believe it's December already. I can remember just about a year ago I was just starting my journey, completely lost and having no knowledge about the fitness world. Twelve months later, I've lost fat, gained muscle, learned to eat better, and made some really awesome friends on this little online community known as JSF. The road I've traveled was challenging physically and maybe even more so mentally, but it was very well worth it :D.

Last night, I reaffirmed to myself that I can indeed squat my body weight, even after a minor lower spine setback. Worked out hard, diet was okay. Haven't been getting enough sleep lately due to poor time management, but I'm working on it :nod:.

Meal 1 (9:00 AM) Wheat bagel w/ cream cheese

Meal 2 (1:00 PM) 3/4 cup brown rice, 1 piece codfish, 1 piece mackeral, 1 meatball skewer

Workout (6:00 PM)

Legs

-BB Squats
    115 lbs @ 3x8, 125 lbs @ 1x6
    -Incline press
    200 lbs @ 3x8
    -DB lunges
    25 lbs ea. @ 6x4
    18 mins HIIT elliptical 2:2 @ 90%, 2 min cool down

Meal 3 (8:00 PM) 1 banana

Meal 4 (9:30 PM) 10 pan-fried pork/cabbage/mushroom dumplings

1.5 L water

15. MadeInNY

MadeInNY Active Member

You've been here a year? You really have had a good journey.I hope I can follow in your footsteps.

I have to admit that since starting my math class, I cannot post as much as I like, but I really have become attached to people here. There are some very kind, helpful folk on this site, you being one of them :tucool:
    Girl, you wicked!! :bow:

16. ZxViCkYxZ

ZxViCkYxZ Active Member

Awww shucks NY :o. I'm glad I was able to be a part of your journey as well. We build off each other's successes around here, and that's the best part of being in this community.

I'm trying to get back into the swing of things as well as I had just finished a grueling group project for my Business Policy class as well as finally fixing my laptop.

I will pick up from here today.

17. The1andonly

The1andonly Active Member

Vicky i have been reading your post...i hadnt been able to get on John Stone a lot due to the situation in wall street and what not......I am loving the work you've put in soooo far......I think is time for more pics lol!

18. ZxViCkYxZ

ZxViCkYxZ Active Member

Well, my life is truly an emotional roller coaster. These last 2 or 3 days have been rough for me, so I may not be posting here as much as I would like. I will try my best to stay focused, but right now I can only do so much. I will be back soon, but in the meantime, I will continue to get stronger physically, and hopefully, mentally.

On a lighter note, I order Darden's The New HIT today. I can't wait to start reading it.

19. CA$ON

CA$ON Well-Known Member

Keep going Vicky you are doing great! :tucool:

Let me know if you need any help with HIT. The book is pretty easy to read and understand.

20. MadeInNY

MadeInNY Active Member

Vic, I'm sorry to hear about your rough spell. I hope that things level out for you soon.

Try to focus on Darden's book; it should be a good source of motivation for you.
    *Hugs*