1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Very Beginning of Bit of Abs

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by FionaMaeve, Apr 23, 2004.

1. FionaMaeve

FionaMaeve Well-Known Member

First picture was taken about two and a half months ago. Second picture was taken today.

Happiness: I've lost about 7 or 8 (it fluctuates) pounds. I'm happy that I can just barely see my abs showing through now.

Regrets: I really didn't work as hard as I could have during the last two months. I slacked off *a lot*. Plus, I didn't track my food. I ate well, but I did eat quite a bit for cutting (1800-2000 cals per day and a hell of a lot more on some days.)

Now I'm ready to buckle down, strip off a few more pounds of fat, and really tone up the muscle. I'm now tracking my food. Going in cycles of 1300 cals per day for two weeks then 2300 cals per day for two weeks. (See the ABCD thread in the Weight Lifting section.)

Apologies for the pics not being in the same light. Couldn't be helped today. Tried to compensate by increasing the saturation on the first pic to match the second. Also I committed the grevious sin of taking a shot in the mirror. . . oh well. . .

2. woeisemma

woeisemma Well-Known Member

Great Job, Freemason!! Looks like you lost a lot more than 7 lbs!

3. FionaMaeve

Thanks! :) I need to check my bf%. I think I lost more than 7 lbs of fat but gained muscle.

Still working on writing up one of my 1800/2000 calorie days for you. . . (Sorry it's taking so long though. :o I always start to write it up and then get distracted.)

4. woeisemma

woeisemma Well-Known Member

It's ok, you don't have to write it up. I cant see myself eating 2000 cals at this point anyways. What were your stats and what are your stats now?

5. FionaMaeve

I was 129 lbs. Now 122. (Up from 120.5 before vacation. :( )
    I'm 5'4".

6. marcus

marcus Well-Known Member

Looking good Freemason :tu: How much more do you plan to lose? You look damn close to me. Nice tan too, its amazing how much of a diff it makes.

keep it up :tucool:

Marcus :cool:

7. Steele

Steele Well-Known Member

wow, you can really see how your slimming down.

The abs are already nice, add some slight weights to your ab workouts and they'll pop.

Excellent progress.

8. FionaMaeve

I'm not sure. The last time I was in peak physical condition was in high school, and I weighed 121, so maybe I just need to stay the same weight and lower bf%.

I actually haven't gotten a tan. I dunno why it looks like that. I think it's the lighting. I do like the look though. I'll have to get some fake tanning cream. :) (Just say no to sun damage.)

9. AndrewJones

AndrewJones Well-Known Member

excellent work. =)

10. Duckman

Duckman Well-Known Member

Excellent work...really huge diff!

Emma: checked out your site, and my god, you've done an incredible job yourself too!

Thumbs up to both of you :tu:

11. U2rocks

U2rocks Well-Known Member

wow thats a real nice difference there! did u change up anything in your workout routine in the 2.5 months?

12. karatetricker

karatetricker Well-Known Member

WOW! You have done an awesome job! 7 pounds lost is all? You must have gained muscle because even though you were definitely not fat in your before pic, you look a lot more than 7 pounds leaner in the after pic.

Keep up the good work, I'm very interested to see how that ABCDE diet works out for you.

13. FionaMaeve

Yes, I started out pyramiding. (a la the Body for Life book) Then I switched to a Max OTish thing (a la SCHTEEVIE's beginner's guide to bulking thread). I liked the new way a lot better. But then I slacked off a bit.

Before I left for vacation, I started getting serious again. Now I do the Max OTish thing and pilates (to work on flexibility). And I run. On vacation at our family reunion we had a two mile fun run. It was nice to be one of the relatives actually running it rather than walking. :)

Yeah, it's weird. Really was just 7 pounds though. Oh well, I guess the first pic is what someone looks like who's at an okay weight but has absolutely no tone at all. :p

14. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Way to go. Your hard work shows. It'll take a little longer with slacking off, but you're probably more willing to stick with it that way anyway. It's hard to be perfect.

You'll be ready for poolside in a month!

15. Fudgam

Fudgam Well-Known Member

Looking good :tu:

16. AndrewJones

"You'll be ready for poolside in a month!"

She seems ready for poolside now....i see alot of really morbidly obese people at the water parks, so id say with her high level of fitness already attained she would be ready now =).

17. AndrewJones

oh wait, i forgot its still cold in alot of the country and you guys cant swim yet, sorry im florida based and forget these things =)

AJ

18. Destiny

Destiny Well-Known Member

Nice job! :tu:

19. Jimbo

Jimbo Well-Known Member

20. ABguy

ABguy Well-Known Member

Nice job. Seven lbs. makes a big difference.

Good luck in your "buckling down" phase.