1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Velocity Diet Challenge

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by FratStaR, Nov 5, 2008.

1. threesideddice

threesideddice Active Member

Hey guys so I have a strange question. I'm going to be staying up all night tonight (have a paper due tomorrow 9 pages and haven't started it yet), but I was just wondering if I should just continue doing a shake every 3 hours or how I should handle being up that late.

Also I ate some m&m's yesterday (chocolate and peanut) after my HSM, not really disappointed just figured I should come clean haha.

2. NCNBilly

NCNBilly Well-Known Member

Hmm, that is a tough one. When are you planning to sleep? I would probably move a shake from the next day if you really need it. Since you'll be sitting at a desk (writing, I assume) you might be better off drinking some hunger buster tea. Also, I wouldn't bother working out if you aren't going to sleep that night.

M&Ms??!!!?!?!? What do you want more - a nice body with 6 pack abs, or a bag of M&Ms? I live less than 5 miles from Hershey, PA - if I can resist ANYONE can. When it rains, the chocolate smell is so intense that it's almost intoxicating. Forecast is rain for the next few days. :blank:

EDIT: BTW - that's $5 to the charity, if you are so inclined. :)

3. LeftNut

LeftNut Well-Known Member

Sorry, I probably didn't see this in time. I was going to suggest that you spread out the protein in your shakes to more meals. About the same number of calories, but more meals. And then get some sleep when you are done! (if you can)

And maybe pop a Hot-Rox or 2 around 9pm if you are using them. :spaz: Just don't go over the 24-hour dose recommendation.

Sometimes I get an emergency request for work and I will need to go all night in the studio. I don't really know what I would do, because I don't usually know ahead of time, so I wouldn't be able to budget the day's shakes before. Luckily, that hasn't happened yet while I have been on the V-Diet. I would probably just add a scoop of protein every few hours I was up.

4. threesideddice

Last night went over well I just ended up having a breakfast shake early and then I was on schedule cause I was able to take a nap.

I have a question about sugar-free products. Diet snapple or Diet green tea comes as having 0 calories and just some sodium and sugar free gums contain some sugar alcohol or something I believe. Are those ok to have on the diet? I'm not big on either, but I just realized they have 0 calories yesterday and it would be nice to be able to get some flavor in my mouth once in a while.

5. NCNBilly

Good to hear...

I think the diet stuff is ok as long as you don't go crazy with it. I have a Pepsi Max with lunch sometimes, and I put splenda in my shakes. MD protein has aspartame in it, so you are already getting some sugar substitute anyway.

6. threesideddice

Hey guys figured get a post in and see how you guys are doing. Everythings going well on my end except I weighed myself again this morning (day 18) and I'm at 147 which is only a 7.8 lbs drop from when I started idk if that's something to be concerned about. I think I'm looking better in the mirror and I don't have a way to calculate bf so I'm not sure about that.

Well guys only a couple days left good luck with everything hope you guys are doing well.

7. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

you all are doing great!! almost to the end.

are you going to post start/end pics??

8. LeftNut

Week 3 V-Burn: 7 rounds in 23:11

Good news: I beat last week's time by 4:22, and week 1 by 10:49.
    Bad news: I gotta try to do it faster next week.

I am glad I used my rock-in-glass method to count the circuits...otherwise I would have questioned the validity of this time.

Significant measurement changes this week:

Weight: -1.7lbs, total -10.2
    Waist, navel: -.5in, total -2.5
    Waist, belt: -.5in, total -1.3
    Hips: -.5, total -1
    RightUpperArm: -.25, total -.25

Not too worried about the right arm measurement, probably just a little flat. Strength has been ok, better than when I've done other fat loss programs, so I'm not going to dwell on it.

I now fit comfortably into my size 32 board shorts with no muffin-top, which is intermediate goal number one. Next goal is to fit comfortably into the 31's.

Hopefully things pick up a little this week, I'm itching to get rid of the lower back flab and to see my obliques come in better.

9. LeftNut

Hey! :)

I will post pics sometime around day 28, and probably also at the end of the transition period.

10. LeftNut

I wouldn't be concerned with scale weight, as long as you are doing everything by the book. From what I've seen, changes can be sporadic week to week. Keep up the good work!

11. NCNBilly

I didn't take any pics from the start, but I'l post some of the ending. :)

I think its going to be an interesting comparison from the end of the 10/10 transformation and the end of SGX. It's still not going to be rippled abs, I'm afraid, so I've still got more cutting to do but I'm closer now than ever.

Still hovering around 178.8-179.2, no net weight change last week.

12. threesideddice

Haha less than a week to go guys and I'm excited and now I'm also slighty scared I'm going to put on some bad weight after the transition period :-/. With the start of summer and seeing all my high school friends I know we're just going to be killin' it all summer, but I just have to know I will be able to resists the bad choices.

Anyway I'm definitely happy with the way things are going so far and with another week left just excited for some final results

I have been feeling extra tired lately and I'm just wondering if you guys know or have heard of something like this happening towards the end. I mean I have never really felt tired on the vdiet until the last couple of days I've been pretty exhausted and with finals this week and next I can't really risk it. I'm not sure but I plan to have my 4th HSM on thursday(day 23) and then I may start transition early (day 27). Do you think starting 2 days early will make a big difference in results? I started the vdiet on a wed., but I'd like to start transition on a monday.

Also, sorry for the long post, but what are your plans for after vdiet/transition? I mean I'll probably be around low 140s at 5'6" and hopefully around 14% bf (right now between online calculators and guestimates I put myself at 16%) so I'm thinking of clean bulking any good ideas on programs I should implement or do you think I should keep cutting?

Well guys best of luck to all of you just a couple more days. I know we're all going to make it so congrats and thanks for the support/help/encouragement/ everything guys it wouldn't have been as easy doing it alone.

13. Ecrivain

Ecrivain Well-Known Member

I'm definitely not feeling 100% this week. But with only 5 days left, I think I can push through it. I can understand your concern with finals. I've experienced some mental sluggishness during the whole VDiet. But you're the only one that can decide what's best for you to do.

We're in the home stretch!

14. LeftNut

Yeah, I must agree--I haven't been the sharpest tack the last few weeks either. And I have been pretty sluggish and tired. I've just pushed on the best I can.

I don't think 2 days would make a big difference in the immediate physical results. How it affects your bigger picture is another question, and only you can answer that.

I was thinking about starting my transition a couple days early, but then changed my mind. It would have been convenient, but I have been perfect so far, so I don't want to mess up my record. But I'm anal that way, heh. Also, for me, there is the issue of sticking to the whole damn thing. I promised myself when I started I would do 28 days, so 28 days is what I get. Others may not see it that way, which is fine of course.

However, I don't necessarily consider the transition to be quite as sacred. At this point, I am planning to follow it pretty damn closely. But I may slip a couple extra HSM's into the first week if I need to have lunch out or something. Definitely no 'cheat foods' for me, though.

15. NCNBilly

I'm the exact opposite... I am more alert, more awake, and more focused then ever. My craving are completely gone and I'm thinking about the transition diet more and more. I'm going to be doing the HSM as PWO#2 (eye of round steak, white potato or rice pasta, salad, and veggies) on workout days - might as well make the most of the carbs. On non-WO, i'll be having my HSM at lunch, and carbs will be from fruit and greek yogurt.

I'm starting the 10/10 transformation on 5/26 (cheat meal planned with Phillydude before the Carbon Leaf concert), which I may do an extra week of cut (going to the beach for the 4th) and then continue.

Diceman, beware the temptations to go back to your old eating habits. Your body will repay you with a ton of stored fat. Use the v-diet as a catalyst to a healthier way of eating. Go out with your friends, but make healthier choices. If you eat 90% clean all week long, a cheat here and there won't derail you. Agree you need to look at bulking, but no sense in putting on fat you'll only need to cut off later.

16. LeftNut

I should add--

I think the main reason I have felt a bit off is because of the Hot-Rox. When the effects wear off in the early evening, I always feel much better. They really seemed to speed up the fat loss four years ago, so I wanted to be sure to use them this time. I guess I just don't get along with the stuff as well as I used to.

Without the Hot-Rox, I would probably be a bit hungry, but I wouldn't feel so run down from feeling crappy all the time. Who knows--in the end, maybe it would have been better for me to leave them out this time.

17. LeftNut

Hey Billy, a question for you if you don't mind--

I have seen you mention the rice pasta a couple times, and find it interesting that you are talking about using it and white potatoes for your PWO2 carbs. I'm interested, is there someone or a program you have picked that up from?

I know it's good to have some carbs in that meal, and it's another window to raise insulin a bit because the muscles should still be receptive and the carbs aren't as likely to get stored as fat. I'm just interested in the fact that your choices are higher on the GI scale.

I'm not trying to bait you or anything, I am genuinely interested--if there is a way I can integrate some rice noodles into my healthy eating plan without feeling like I am 'fudging' things a little, I want to know the source behind it! :drool: :D

18. NCNBilly

Mastover recommended the eye of round and white potato as the only PWO meal (he doesn't necessarily believe your PWO has to be a protein/carb shake). The second PWO idea is from my days on SGX, I just combined them - I really don't like being low carb (to me that's less than 150g a day) so this combines the two ideas.

The rice pasta I get is organic and made from brown rice flour - it's no different than eating brown rice except it picks up flavors much better (and cooks faster)

It's somewhat an experiment, so it may flop - never hurts to try it for a few weeks and see what happens tho.

19. LeftNut

I see, thank you.

20. threesideddice

Hey Billy I was just reading about the 10/10 transformation and I noticed that you seemed to have completed this and mentioned you were going to be doing it again.

I'm assuming since you're doing it again you like the program. I noticed last time you went into the program after a bulk, but since you've been cutting with us on the Vdiet how do you plan on starting, are you going to continue cutting? I'm looking into the 10/10 transformation just because it seems like a good way to put some muscle on me, but considering I'm going to be 140lbs at this end of this I am concerned about dropping my weight lower than that. Do you think it's the type of program I should bulk for? Is it possible to just start in phase II and complete the program?

**Edit** I didn't mean to just have Billy's input if any one else has any information on the subject please feel free to reply :-).