1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Veiny feet, good sign of fat loss?

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by Mooshie, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Mooshie

Mooshie Well-Known Member

I have noticed in the past couple of weeks that my feet are getting really veiny. Veins that push the skin out.

Is this a good sign that i'm still shedding fat?

2. jsbrook

jsbrook Well-Known Member

Decreased measured bodyfat, how your clothes are fitting, and (perhaps) lost scale weight are signs that you're shedding fat.

Not to be rude; but even though vascularity becomes evident as you lose fat, why would you try to determine anything based on foot veins or even think about it?

3. krosspyder

krosspyder Well-Known Member

lol

foot veins are cool... in context i'd imagine.

4. CKS7

CKS7 Well-Known Member

i think it is! before my feet were plump and swollen looking lol. now veins are popping out. i've lost 55 lbs.

5. ucbgsr

ucbgsr Well-Known Member

Nice job man. Ive lost nearly the same since over the last 2 years.

I too have a great deal of veins in my feet/ankles now

Any visible veins are signs that there is no longer as much fat covering them.

Keep up the good work man. YOu know you are doing great when you start seeing veins on your stomach, shoulders, etc :tu:

6. Mooshie

Mooshie Well-Known Member

I'm a long way from veins in my stomach. However, I do have veins on my hands and I have some that are slowly creeping their way up my arms from the wrists. I have a couple on each arm like that.

7. ucbgsr

ucbgsr Well-Known Member

no worries man, they'll come along

I first got a few in my arms as well, and now they are starting to show else where on my body

my arms look like one of those trees covered in vines when I lift now
    :tu:

8. CKS7

CKS7 Well-Known Member

i started in november. i see some veins on the back of my hand, but non on my arms yet. stomachs still fat as hell

9. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

Yup, I'm also getting veins that are popping up all over my body (including my feet) My forearms art the worst (best) but i'm also getting tons of veins in my shoulder areas and my thighs. They started coming in a few months ago and I would only notice them after i lifted, now they are there 24/7 and I seem to be seeing more and more every day. The wife hates them, but I don't really care.... It's still better than fat rolls hanging everywhere.

10. hocus-phocus

hocus-phocus Well-Known Member

Mooshie, im in the same boat, im feet are getting veiny too, not to mention some around my wrist and forarms are showing.

Like what was said before, veins showing, you are loosing fat...

keep going man, and youll he a vein monster in no time :db:

11. Wasted

Wasted Well-Known Member

Hmm, I've been a soccer player all my life, so I dont think I've ever even noticed veins on feet. But I think that any sign of fat loss is a good sign.

12. Emilio

Emilio Well-Known Member

Vascularity usually increases as BF% decreases. Not the most accurate way to measure a loss but one of my personal favorites.

13. BigDog

BigDog Well-Known Member

Seriously

My feet are RIPPED. You can see between the toes. I'll post pics if anyone wants them. :rolleyes:

All kidding aside, I think this is more a matter of increased bloodflow. As you get fitter, your body adapts to allow for more blood to be delivered to muscles - and that requires that blood go everywhere, including feet.

So, I wouldn't look at it as a direct sign of fitness, but as a side effect.

On the other hand, maybe we can start a website: www.fivepackfeet.com