1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Vegetarian Fury!

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by ianmez, Jan 23, 2010.

1. ianmez

ianmez Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    AM: shoulders/tris. BB overhead press 5x10 (these are so much harder when standing, wow); seated db overhead press 3x10; weighted bar dips x 25, 20, 13; db side raises 3x10; pulley outward rotating exercise (still need to give it a name) 3x10; tri cable pulldown 3x10; db shrugs 3x12; machine military press drop set; bodyweight bar dips 2x25.

Noon: 3.6 mile run.

PM: 90 minutes MMA.

I'm trying to eat more since I've been more active this week. Unfortunately I spilled part of a protein smoothie on my keyboard today :(. But it still seems to work and at least it's just a replaceable wireless keyboard instead of a laptop.

2. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Nice busy day of working out

woops.

3. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Work computer or personal computer? Not that is should matter, but for myself, I would prefer if it happened on my office computer. :)

4. ianmez

ianmez Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks. Fortunately it was my work keyboard. Easily replaceable and not even mine. :) Still functioning today, though! And the keyboard predates my arrival to that job so it's at least five years old. There could be worse things than replacing it.

Back/bis today AM: weighted pullups x 8, 6, 17, 12, 10; BB BO rows 3x10; seated machine rows 3x10; rear delt flyes 3x10; inc db curls 3x10; EZ curl preachers 2x10; 7/7/7 BB curls 2x21; bodyweight chin ups x 16, 14, 12; machine preachers 3x10; bodyweight pullups x12, 10.

PM: 25 min run.

Going out of town for the weekend, leaving tomorrow evening so will do an AM workout and maybe run over the lunch hour; I'll move my core day to Saturday because I can still do those exercises when away from the gym. Going to the coast where it promises to be rainy so may not get much hiking in.

5. ianmez

ianmez Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Spent the weekend at the coast which was very nice. Room had fireplace, jetted tub, ocean view. Extremely relaxing. Also took advantage of a pass to a local gym and got a workout in on Saturday morning.

Saturday: BB Bench press x10, 5, 10, 10, 10; Inc db bench press 3x10; weighted bar dips x25, 20, 12; cable chest flyes 3x10; tri cable pulldowns 3x10; overhead db tri extensions 3x12; bodyweight bar dips x30, 22, 15. 25 minute treadmill run.

Today, the gym was so packed. Ugh! Because we drove back from the coast went in the afternoon instead of first thing in morning: weighted chinups x15, 12, 8; bodyweight chins x 15, 10. Bent over BB rows x10, 8, 8; seated machine rows 3x10; rear delt flyes 3x10; ez curl preachers x10, 8, 10; inc db curls 3x10; weighted pullups x 12, 10, 10; bodyweight pullups x 13; 7/7/7 BB curls 2x21. Contemplating a run tonight but will probably just stretch and foam roll instead.

Sun came out today and it was beautiful but it might go into hiding again. Neil Young concert tomorrow night which should be fun. Hope you're all having very nice starts to your week!

6. ianmez

ianmez Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    2.5 mile run this morning followed by lots of core exercises. Day 79 in streak of working out! Measurements this morning weren't great and I felt thicker and bloated from a weekend of restaurant meals and some junk food. Back on the straight and narrow though. Not beating myself up about it and just moving ahead. The main thing is that I'm injury free, stronger than I was yesterday, and have a plan for the future. Onward.

7. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

You are on a nice workout streak. :claplow:

8. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    That's a nice trifecta. :tucool:

9. ianmez

ianmez Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks. Trying to keep things positive!

AM: Legs--BB squats 5x7, x3, x7; deadlifts 5x7; leg press 5x7; db lunges 3x10; box jumps with kettlebell x30; physioband crabwalk x2.

Tomorrow is shoulders/tris, maybe a run, maybe yoga, maybe MMA. So many options!

10. ianmez

ianmez Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Morning workout: shoulders/chest/tris: BB overhead press 8, 8, 5, 8, 8; db inc bench press 3x8; BB bench press 3x8; side raises 3x12; db shrugs 3x12; seated db overhead press 3x12; cable external shoulder rotation 3x10; tri cable pulldown 3x10; overhead db tri extension 3x12.

PM: rest night!

Traveling to another campus tomorrow and have a long break in my schedule that should allow a lot of gym time. Monday I am probably going to do the Memorial Day Murph at a Crossfit Box since it's open to everyone, my gym is closed, it should be challenging, and I think it's a respectful and meaningful way to mark the Memorial Day holiday. (1mi run, 100 pullups, 200 pushups, 300 squats, 1mi run). Supposedly this is done wearing a 20 lb vest. Fortunately I don't have a 20lb vest.

11. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

That seems like a grueling workout, even without the 20 lb vest. How long should it take to do?

12. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    My daughter is an avid Cross Fit person and has a 20 pound vest which is a lot given that she only weighs about 125. I'm not sure if the CF workouts are universal, but I'll ask her about this coming Monday's one so see if she'll be doing what you're doing.

13. ianmez

ianmez Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I am hoping I can do it in 50 minutes but I'll be happy just to finish. Goal is to finish.

My understanding is that this particular workout is universal (I don't know how the WOD is chosen, whether there is some magical CF machine that concocts it and sends it to everyone or if each box makes their own, but I think for some reason the Memorial Day Murph is a sort of CF tradition; I think it's really neat).

Full day of fitness today. I had a break in between meetings while at the other location and I used it to go to the gym for a second time.

AM: Back/bis: Bent over BB rows 4x10; Weighted chin ups x16, 12, 10; bodyweight x15; Hammerstrength rows 5x10; supersets of rear delt flyes and seated machine rows 3x10 each; EZ curl preachers x5, 3x10; inc db curls 3x10; bodyweight pullups x14, 12, 10.

AM: about 30 core exercises, punching and kicking a heavy bag, then a 40 minute treadmill run.

I'm beat.

14. macdiver

Bronze Member

50 Minutes? Wow I think it would take me 50 hours to do that much volume on the pull ups, push ups and squats even without the vest.

Nice job getting in an extra workout while travelling.

15. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I asked my daughter about the Memorial Day Murph workout and, as you suggested, it must be universal because her box is doing it also. Wishing you well with your challenge.

16. ianmez

ianmez Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks. I'm basing the 50 minutes on what one of my Cross Fitting work colleagues said, so it might take me a lot longer. lol.

Thanks! I'll report back, for good or ill.

So-so workout this morning since it was one of those days when it seemed like someone was always using the equipment I wanted to use. That only matters to me on leg days and today was a leg day.

db lunges 3x10; deadlifts 5x5; leg press 4x10; squats 4x10. Foam rolling.

Tomorrow is an 8 mile hike up and back Mt Si, which is about 30 miles east of Seattle in the foothills of the Cascades. Among the most popular hikes in the area so we're planning to get there early. 3100ft of elevation gain.

Hope you all have a great long weekend!

17. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Enjoy the hike. I'll have to ask my cousins in Seattle if they know of it. One couple is not the out doors type so I doubt they've done it, but the other couple probably has.

18. macdiver

Bronze Member

Have a nice hike

19. ianmez

ianmez Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks. Hike was very nice and challenging, it's a pretty steep climb. After hiking went to the gym and I've decided I'm going to skip a workout tomorrow for the first time in 12 weeks. We're driving to Portland and getting a workout in will just be a bit much. There's a small possibility I may wake up very very very early to do a fast, short run but probably not.

I combined all upper body into one workout today since I'm skipping tomorrow:

Db bench press 3x10; inc bench press 3x10; then I did supersets without any rest: pullups/dips 3x10/15; chest flyes/rear delt flyes 3x10/10; seated machine rows/tri cable pulldowns 3x10/10; inc db curls/overhead db tri extension 3x10/10; seated db overhead press/db shrugs 3x10/10.

Going to a friend's wedding tonight and unfortunately it's gray and rainy here today. Hope you're all having nice weekends.

20. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Enjoy the wedding.