1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Uturn

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by citrixmeta, May 27, 2004.

1. citrixmeta

citrixmeta Well-Known Member

just had one of those yesterday before workout.

http://www.uturnbar.com/main.html

OMG!!! damn i miss chocolate, and this thing tasted great!!

:tu: :tu: i wish there was a whey (get it? way?whey?) for me to make one at home.

is there?

2. karatetricker

karatetricker Well-Known Member

Yeah UTURNS are my favorite protein bar out there. They're actually made with Whey protein, not soy, so it's actually pretty good. However, the bad news is that they are loaded with sugars and "bad" fats. I used to eat them every single day, now I eat one a month, if that.

The Detour and One Way by the same company are awesome too.

3. citrixmeta

how would you compare them to a twix/snickers or regular candy bar..

this would be alot healthier no? im leaning towards uturn incase i ever get an itch for chocolate.

4. karatetricker

karatetricker Well-Known Member

Oh hell yes. They are 10x's better than actual candy bars. They're made by Next Proteins, the company that makes Designer Whey Protein Powder. These bars, although advertised as "candy bars" are really your typical protein bar, just better tasting IMO and probably not the healthiest of the bunch.

5. naturalofcourse

Only problem with U Turn's, Detour, Joyride, and the other one escapes me at the moment, is that I had read their stated 30g protein content was as low as 16g when tested independently. Other than that, their awesome.

6. citrixmeta

omg i tried the oneway today!! when would you say would be the right time to eat one of those bars? after workout? before?

is it bad to have them late around 9:00pm?

7. Taxcheat

Taxcheat Well-Known Member

Actually, this test of the Detour bar turned out ok. They just lied big time on the sugar content. I read an article stating they reformulated the bar to meet the label claims, and as a result it's less tasty.
    Test results.

I just tried one for the first time. It's good, but not great.

8. citrixmeta

i havnt touched chocolate since late dec., so any candybar tastes good for me lololol

9. naturalofcourse

OK...you guys know carbs better than I do, but I've got a guy in my office that orders with me, and he picked up a box of Universal Nutrition Doctor's CarbRite bars. These things were one of the best tasting bars I've ever had. 21g protein, 2 net carbs, and 4g fat.
    http://www.dpsnutrition.net/product_information.asp?number=UV044&back=yes&dept=1107&last=1107

$22.95 for a box of 20 :drool: at http://www.dpsnutrition.net
    Here's their website http://www.universalnutrition.com

Really...these things were like eating candy. I Promise!!!
    Let me know what you think of the nutritional facts, since I don't watch carbs that tightly.

10. IronPhoenix

IronPhoenix Well-Known Member

Well, the protein in them is soy which in my book is a highly inferior protein that I try and avoid if at all possible. But they're probably a heck of a lot better than a milky way.

11. naturalofcourse

Thanks for the reply Phoenix. Soy is one of those protein sources I never put the time into researching myself. Mainly because there're to many others available. I wouldn't think it's a bad source though, other than being a vegetable source. Wanna enlighten me here?
    Also...somebody want to help me to understand this whole "net carb" thing? Like those CarbRite bars say 22g carbs, 20g of which are Sugar Alcohol, which amounts to 2g net?

12. citrixmeta

when would be a good time to have one of those uturn/oneway bars?

morning? after workout? before workout? anytime?