1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

UFC 75 predicitions ?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Prodigy, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Prodigy

Prodigy Active Member

I don't know how but I completely forgot UFC 75 was this weekend! It's on SpikeTV (free, woo hoo) for those that don't know.

Anyhow, here's my picks:

Quinton Jackson vs Dan Henderson: Dan Henderson (TKO RD4)
    Matt Hamill vs Michael Bisping: Michael Bisping (TKO RD1)
    Mirko Cro Cop vs Cheick Kongo: Mirko Cro Cop (TKO RD2)
    Marcus Davis vs Paul Taylor: Marcus Davis (TKO RD3)
    Houston Alexander vs Alessio Sakara: Houston Alexander (DEC)

Should be a good night. I hear Fedor and Couture are going to be in attendance .. perhaps they will announce the signing of Fedor and upcoming fight of Fedor/Couture (fingers crossed).
    Cheers

#1 Prodigy, Sep 7, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2007
  2. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

Quinton Jackson vs Dan Henderson: Jackson (TKO RD2)
    Matt Hamill vs Michael Bisping: Hamil (Dec)
    Mirko Cro Cop vs Cheick Kongo: Mirko Cro Cop (TKO RD1)
    Marcus Davis vs Paul Taylor: Marcus Davis (Dec)
    Houston Alexander vs Alessio Sakara: Houston Alexander (DEC)

3. woodan

woodan Well-Known Member

I've actually got ringside seats to this so I'm actually too excited to make predictions.

However, I'd like it to be:
    Rampage, Bisping (obviously), Cro Cop, Davis and Alexander.

I'm still wondering how Jardine got the main event against Lidell in UFC 76 after he got destroyed by Alexander.

Anyway, I have to get ready. It starts in a few hours.

4. fullpen

fullpen Active Member

Hendo, KO RD 2
    Hamill, via Sub RD 1
    Cro Cop, Head Kick RD 2
    Taylor, KO RD 1
    Sakara, RD 3 Dec

Rampage is overrated, he has Chuck's number that's the only reason he won the title. Matt Hamill will expose an arrogant Bisping and catch him quick, possibly starting a war between the U.K. and the U.S. in the process, lol. Cro Cop uses his patented kick to the head send Kongo packing. Taylor KO's an overaged and underskilled fighter early. Sakara holds his own and gets a decsision.

#4 fullpen, Sep 8, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2007
  5. Thrust

Thrust Active Member

Hmm.....Jackson vs. Henderson. I'm not sure Rampage has momentum right now.

Bisping vs. Hamill--I'll go with Hamill.

Crocop via a QUICK ko.

Alexander via a QUICK ko.

Davis via dec.

6. Prodigy

Prodigy Active Member

Don't get me started on that! That fight makes absolutely no sense. The UFC & Lidell have nothing to gain from this fight, and alot to lose. If Jardine gets a lucky KO (it can happen), then the long awaited fight of Chuck/Wandy will not happen.

It should definetly not be the main event. With all the amazing fighters the UFC has brought in lately, they should have a MUCH better main event than that.

7. fullpen

fullpen Active Member

blame chuck for losing to rampage and rashad/tito for being a stand and prey snooze fest. i suspect they though chuck would kill rampage and somehow rashad was gonna walk through tito, then this fight would be chuck mudering rashad. rashad evans = most overrated light heavy in the game, note where i am from, btw!

8. Prodigy

Prodigy Active Member

Rashad is definetly overrated, and so is Tito. Us lucky UFC fans get to see a rematch of the snooze-fest, in November I believe.

Tito is a pretty smart guy. He knows he can't beat the top guys so he drags out "grudges" against weaker guys over multiple matches (ie, ken shamrock 3 times).

9. fullpen

fullpen Active Member

totally agree, tito is outmached in modern mma.

man, did hamill get robbed or what?

10. Prodigy

Prodigy Active Member

That was definetly the worst decision in the UFC history. Even Bisping was surprised when they announced him the winner.

What was worse was Bisping's complete arrogance. "I outboxed him", "back to wrestling for you". He is a douchebag. I hope they feed him to one of the top guys (Chuck, Wandy, Rampage, Hendo, Shogun).

11. fullpen

fullpen Active Member

he lost a lot of fans in america. i think a lot of the reason they gave him a decision was due to the likelihood of riots. something you definately wouldn't see in the states, i think they should stop with events outside the u.s. and canada for a good long time now.

12. woodan

woodan Well-Known Member

There wouldn't have been riots believe me. I was there and as much as I wanted Bisping to win it was evident that he didn't. Everyone around me was shocked by that decision. The best fights were on the under card in my opinion. The Liaudin v. Torres wasa good fight. I'm gonna download the broadcast now and see what the commentators were saying.

Anyway, here's a pic of me and the Marcus Davis:

[​IMG]

13. fullpen

fullpen Active Member

i'll take your word for it on the rioting aspect. nice pic!

14. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

This was one of the worst UFCs ever.

Hamil got robbed, but everyone already knows that.

The UFC gave Davis and Alexander two guys who have no business in the UFC. Those two fights were entertaining, but they are under card type fights.

15. Prodigy

Prodigy Active Member

Worst UFC ever? I wouldn't say that. But the Hamil robbing and my disappointment in the Cro Cop/Kongo fight did ruin it a bit for me.

You knew the UFC would put some English fighters in, which is why they put Taylor vs Davis. I enjoyed that fight. Marcus could definetly face tougher competition. As for Alexander .. I think the UFC is doing the right thing with him. They are gradually increasing the quality of his opponents. This guy could be damn good, and I'm glad the UFC is not rushing him.

16. HevyMetal

HevyMetal Well-Known Member

My respect for Jackson just went up a couple of notches.

I thought Henderson was going to whup his ass right smart-like.

Rampage has more skills than I thought.:eek:

While Hamil opened with some serious stuff, it appeared he was getting gassed rather fast IMO. He is a powerful puncher but by late in the fight he wasn't doing too much. He gave opportunities away by allowing Bisping to get up on his feet a few times. It seemed he wanted to prove he could do it by stand-up..and the bottom line is he couldn't.
    At best I would have called it a draw. Hamil was dangerous to start with but Bisping was tattooing him later frequently.

Yeh...Bisping was a bit arrogant when talking to Rogan. I felt he should have given his former team-mate a bit more respect. But Hamil was also a bit of a blowhard in the Tv series.....claiming himself to be "king", that is until he ate a couple of punches in training...then we were all supposed to feel sorry for him.

In the series his wrestling skills were excellent, which is why I can't figure he didn't go that route against Bisping last night.

Maybe that's why Bisping said "back to wrestling for you".

I don't think Hamil got "robbed".

Cro-cop looks a little slow these days....you can see his kicks coming from half a mile away.

17. bmacntmac

bmacntmac Well-Known Member

Count me in the camp for Hamil getting robbed. Wasn't even close. Hamil dictated every aspect of 2 out of the 3 rounds.

18. Thrust

Thrust Active Member

My wife and I were so upset at the Hamill decision. It was obvioulsy one of the most one-sided corrupt decisions in fighting history. Also, the backlash from that decision has already started--read the Sherdog forums. Some look for the UFC to make it "right," however, I look for them to ignore it and hope it goes away.

I'm super impressed with Alexander--the guy has POWER. Wonder how his chin is? :confused:

19. Prodigy

Prodigy Active Member

Here is a posting made by Jeff Mullen, one of the judges of the Bisping/Hamill fight (if anyone is interested).

--

No doubt Bisping dominated the 1st. He hurt Bisping with a right hand right off the bat and again near the end of the round. He out scored Bisping and busted him up. It was a very impressive round for Hamill but still a 10-9 round. Not dominate enough for a 10-8.

Watch the beginning of the second round closely. When Hamill throws the jab, Bisping slips the punch and hits him with his own counter jab. It is hard to see on camera because Hamill's back is to the camera. His back was also to Goldie who was talking like the beginning of this round was like a continuation of the 1st. If you look you will see that Hamill is facing me giving me a clear view of what is landing.

Bisping was landing the jab again and again and not getting hit. Hamill got 2 takedowns in rounds 2 and 3 but did very little with them. Bisping is using an active guard trying to turn for armbars and sweeps, Hamill is doing very little on top. Bisping is keeping him from scoring or improving his position. In the 3rd round Bisping actually lands more punchesd from the bottom than Hamill does from the top.

In both the 2nd and 3rd rounds Bisping does more scoring. Striking. Under pride style scoring Hamill would have won. He did more damage, but it was all in the 1st round. By 10 point must system Bisping won the fight 2 rounds to 1 . 29-28 Bisping. Sometime the angle you see the fight effects your decision. That is why they put the judges on 3 different sides.
    BY THE WAY MARIO YAMASAKI THOUGHT BISPING WON ROUNDS 2 AND 3 ALSO. MARIO WAS THE REF AND HAD A BETTER VIEW THAN ANY OF US.

--

Nice to see he took time to address the issue. I think the main problem is the 10 point system they use for scoring.

Cheers.

20. Hockey4

Hockey4 Active Member

Despite Jeff Mullen's explanation (a valiant but still poor effort, I might add), I still think Hamill won that fight. I didn't expect Bisping to say, "I think I lost!", but he could have at least said, "It was a tough fight!" or "Wow, that was close, but I am glad I got the decision!" Instead, he acted like he just got done rocking Hamill for three straight rounds, despite the fact he was the one bleeding from two cuts. His arrogance was astonishing. I'd like to see him fight Houston Alexander next and get mauled. Bisping quickly moved onto my list of most disliked fighters.

Overall, I didn't enjoy the card too much. It just didn't seem that epic.