1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

UFC 74 predictions?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Prodigy, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Prodigy

Prodigy Active Member

Any predictions?

Couture vs Gonzaga -> Couture by DEC

GSP vs Koscheck -> GSP by TKO

Huerta vs Crane -> Huerta by TKO

Pellegrino vs Stevenson -> Stevenson by DEC

Cote vs Grove -> Grove by Sub

Should be a good one!

2. Hockey4

Hockey4 Active Member

Couture by decision.
    Koscheck by decision.
    Huerta via TKO.
    Stevenson via rear naked choke.
    Grove via triangle choke.

3. Prodigy

Prodigy Active Member

Koscheck ?? Not a chance. GSP is going to come fired up and will take him out.

We agree on the rest though. I don't think many people are picking Gonzaga, even though he is a great fighter.

4. Hockey4

Hockey4 Active Member

I think Koscheck can lay 'n pray anyone if he wants to. I'm not saying it will be a pretty or dominating victory, but I can see him out wrestling GSP for three rounds. If he's stupid enough to stand, he will get knocked out, no doubt. But if goes for the double leg off the bat, I think he can neutralize all of GSP's offense.

5. system60

system60 Well-Known Member

If GSP can't take out koschek ill be very surprised and let down. Otherwise i pretty much agree w/ Prodigys predictions

6. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo Well-Known Member

Agreed -- GSP is kicking himself for losing to Matt Serra. I heard he was out partying early before his match with Serra ... Not a smart move for somebody who wants to remain champ. I think he's got something to prove with this fight....which means that Koscheck is likely in for a beating.

7. hourglassy

hourglassy Active Member

I'm a UFC neophyte, although I've always been a fan of grown men beating each other up for sport (i.e. boxing).

My brother has introduced me to UFC and I'm kind of hooked. I watched some Bushido DVD's he bought and he's making me watch Saturday for local boy St-Pierre. According to him, he's one of the most talented and entertaining fighters...and of course, he predicts he'll win by TKO.

8. HevyMetal

HevyMetal Well-Known Member

Although I would like Couture to win, after watching Gonzaga in previous matches he appears to have the skills to beat Randy.

However if Randy can avoid the leg-kicks and BJJ skills of Gonzaga I think he's got the speed and punching power to put Gonzaga away.

This one is a tough call but my gut feeling says Gonzaga is going to take it by submission.

But I like Randy so I hope he wins.

9. Prodigy

Prodigy Active Member

GSP (and most fans) did not see Serra as a legitimate threat. Because of that, I don't think he trained the way he normally would.

Boxers have always said the first title defense is the toughest fight, even tougher than getting the title. You begin to think you are unbeatable and ease up on your training. I think GSP learned a very good lesson from that fight .. always train like hell for any fight (regardless of opponent).

10. abevargas

abevargas Well-Known Member

Couture vs Gonzaga:
    If the fight goes over three rounds, Randy. He's one of the most well conditioned fighters in the UFC at this time. If under three rounds, then I'd say Gonzaga. He's got much more striking power than Randy, and I'm not just saying that because of his Cro-Cop fight. The guy hits hard, period.

GSP vs Koscheck:
    GSP all the way. He learns from his fights, just like after his first loss to cocky Matt Hughes. Koscheck has awesome wrestling skills, but not nearly enough to neutralize GSP.

Huerta vs Crane:
    Huerta definitely. Crane has great jiu jitsu skills, but so does Huerta. Huerta also has more striking power than Krane, in my opinion.

Stevenson vs Pellegrino:
    After his quick (is there a faster word than that?) stoppage of trash-talking Guillard, he definitely has my vote.

Cote vs Grove:
    Grove! He just gets better and better after each fight. Don't think Cote has much of a chance.

As for the rest of the fights, haven't really thought about them enough to give a good opinion.

11. Prodigy

Prodigy Active Member

God damn Randy is awesome.

That guy is my hero.

12. abevargas

abevargas Well-Known Member

Never vote against Randy! What an awesome fight. Never thought Randy would dominate Gonzaga like that.

St Pierre out-wrestled Mr. "Out wrestle meee????" lol

Roger Huerta is my new favorite fighter. He dominates every fight he's in.

I bet Tito Ortiz was smiling when Kendall Grove lost. Kendall left Tito's camp to fight with Randy.

13. Hockey4

Hockey4 Active Member

I'm surprised Couture ate that high kick. Granted, it wasn't full steam because Gonzaga was completely out of gas at that point, but it's still quite amazing.

14. Prodigy

Prodigy Active Member

I think Huerta will be good in time, but he has not fought any tough competition yet. The UFC wants to build him up to be a star.

15. danboback

danboback Well-Known Member

Huerta looked good. I liked his use of the big screen to land his elbows!

Randy put on quite the show last night. It was pretty incredible to see him walk through Gonzaga like that.

16. lil_dave

lil_dave Well-Known Member

anyone hear about the fight they didnt show between Babalu and Heath?
    That is where all that blood came from. Looks like Babalu got a $25k fine so far with a chance of more plus a suspension too.. Heath had tapped out while Babalu was choking him out and then Babalu didnt let go till he actually knocked him out

[​IMG]

17. JoeSchmo

IMO Babalu should be suspended -- I'm glad they took half of his purse. He deserved it .... holding subs after the person has tapped can result in serious injury and is bad for the sport. Babalu admitted he did it intentionally as payback for Heath talking trash.

The fight was on Dailymotion as of this afternoon -- You'd better hurry though if you want to see it, because it is probably gonna get yanked before long.

18. Hockey4

Hockey4 Active Member

I also think Babalu should face suspension, but a 25k fine isn't too bad. It doesn't send as serious a message as a suspension, but it's a TON of money for a guy like Babalu. Heck, NFL players on 50 million dollars contracts get slapped with fines less than that. It's hefty, and I like that. He wanted to put Heath old cold, and he did. Then the fans let him have it, deservedly so. You can hear one fan on the video screaming, "You f***ing ***hole over and over again."

19. Prodigy

Prodigy Active Member

Just heard today that Randy broke his arm in the fight. Wow, a broken arm and he still puts on a great performance. Here is the kick that did it:

RandyBrokenArm.jpg

20. JoeSchmo

Wow...I didn't know that. Randy is unreal....44-years old and he is still proving all of his critics wrong. How can you not love the guy?