1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

UFC 68 .. anyone excited?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Prodigy, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Prodigy

Prodigy Active Member

I gotta say I'm not that thrilled with the card, but it does have some interesting matchups.

Sylvia vs Courture .. can Couture shock everyone?

Franklin vs MacDonald .. definetly fight of the night.

The other fights I'm just not too excited about.

Predictions?

-> Prodigy

2. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo Well-Known Member

I haven't been following UFC lately, but Randy is out of retirement eh? Well, he was too good to retire anyway....losing to arguably the best LH on the planet is no reason to hang it up. Randy is 10 times the fighter Sylvia is, but he does give up ALOT of size and height. I think Randy is gonna take him.

I'm glad Matt Hughes is back.....I'd like to see a rematch with Georges for sure.

3. JoeSchmo

P.S. I also predict Franklin will beat MacDonald....

4. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

I'd love to see Sylvia fight Fedor. I'm sure Fedor would destroy him, but at least it would make the UFC heavyweight division interesting. Couture has a chance if he can get Sylvia on the ground, but I think he'll get knocked out. I never seen Franklin fight so I can't really comment. I like Matt Hughes and I think he'll win.

5. JoeSchmo

Yeah...that is certainly an understatement.

Yeah, but I think Couture will get Sylvia on the ground. Sylvia doesn't have the kind of take-down defense that Liddell has.

6. mustbesix

mustbesix Active Member

Chuck has his moments, but I don't know if he would be a top 5 LH fighter if he went to PRIDE. Wanderlai Silva and a couple of others would probably beat him fairly easily. He might not even be the best UFC LH anymore with Quinton Jackson coming over. Plus, Cro Cop is in the UFC now, and he could probably fight at 205 if he wanted to.

7. Prodigy

Prodigy Active Member

CroCop and Werdum have made the HW division exciting for me, finally! There are alot of interesting matchups possible.

Although I would love to see Fedor in the UFC. Easily the best fighter on the planet.

-> Pro

8. JoeSchmo

Yeah -- I know what you mean, but Chuck has been impressing me lately. Beating Tito yet again....but even more impressive is his quick defeat of Babalu. I really didn't expect that. I agree though...I am a huge Wanderlei fan, and would love to see a match up between him and Chuck. I'd put my money on Wandy, but I think it would be a tough fight.

I do think Chuck will beat Jackson in a rematch though....

I'd LOVE to see Chuck vs. Crocop -- a battle of the strikers. Of course, Crocop would win, but it would be a fun one to watch.

9. Prodigy

Prodigy Active Member

I don't agree. I don't think Wanderlai or Rampage are nearly as good as they were a year or two ago. Since Rampage "found god" (not a bash against religion) he has gone downhill. And Wanderlai, I don't know if you saw Pride on Saturday night but Dan Henderson knocked him silly. I would say Chuck's striking is a little better than Dan's. Shogun is the only LW fighter I see beating Chuck right now.

As for CroCop, he is light for being a HW but already said he would not come down to LH. Too bad, Chuck vs CroCop would be awesome!

-> Pro

10. Prodigy

Prodigy Active Member

P.S. I predict MacDonald to upset Franklin, and not because he is a fellow Canadian :lol:

-> Pro

#10 Prodigy, Feb 28, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  11. system60

system60 Well-Known Member

Right leg Hospital , Left leg Cemetery :)

12. Bitenose

Bitenose Well-Known Member

Looking forward to 69 moreso...

The couture fight is going to be a spectacle.. I respect the guy for getting back in the ring, but he needs to pick a better fight even the Sylvia is a joke and should have his sorry boring-fight butt thrown out of the UFC.

Really looking forward to seeing Luke Cummo fight.. hope they televise that one.

Can't wait to see GSP and Crocop fight again!

13. Prodigy

Prodigy Active Member

Best line in MMA, easily!

-> Pro

14. Prodigy

Prodigy Active Member

I'm with you there, although I'm not very excited about their next fights.

Can't wait to see CroCop knock Sylvia's head into the 10th row. And can't wait to see GSP vs Hughes or Diego.

-> Pro

15. eleonardo

eleonardo Well-Known Member

It's all about Mirko Filipovic! :D

16. system60

I hope they do to. He went to highschool down the block from me. And only lives a town over.

17. danboback

danboback Well-Known Member

I am actually pretty excited about this UFC. Randy, Franklin and Hughes are all coming off of losses with something to prove. It should be an interesting night. I would really like to see Sylvia lose the belt that he desperately tries to hold on to. I guess we will see tomorrow.

18. system60

The fact he couldnt put away monson really dissapointed me. I liked Tim and i like monson but that was an ideal fight for Tim to take advantage of his reach advantage. Im 5'8 and have a friend whos 6'9 so i know how easy it shoulda been for tim to keep jeff away and and knock him out. Hell the pace of his last 2 fights have been crappy

19. Prodigy

Prodigy Active Member

You like Tim? You are unique, as there are not many people who do. I watched the weigh-ins last night and he got boo'ed very badly.

Randy said it right when he said Tim fights to hold on to the belt and not to win the match. Unfortunately I don't think Randy will win because of the size difference, but he won't have the belt for much longer because he will be facing CroCop soon.

-> Pro

20. danboback

danboback Well-Known Member

Since it was a Pay-per-view I will go ahead and give the results.

We have a new heavyweight Champion Randy "the Natural" Couture by Unanimous decision!!! He dominated the whole fight, almost knocked out Tim with the first punch thrown.

Rich Franklin layed a beaten on Jason McDonald causing the corner to throw in the towel after the 2nd round.

Matt Hughes won by unanimous decision against Lytle, in a decent performance.

Jason Lambert won by KO against Babalu Sobral, clean shot to the chin puts most people to sleep, including Babalu.