1. JSF is shutting down on February 12, 2020. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

...TylerGred's lean out...

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by TylerGred, Dec 2, 2006.

1. TylerGred

TylerGred Well-Known Member

I’m only attempting this diet for at most 12 weeks… and I will only do this diet probably once every 20-30 months if successful. I've cut with all sorts of diets and most have been effective, but I think in order to get into the range I want to be in I have to go to some extremes.

Goals
    Sub 10% BF
    I’m going to follow it for at least 8 weeks and see where I am from there. I plan on dropping .5% to 1% BF.

Stats
    Sex: Male
    Height: 75’’
    Weight: 205
    BF: 13%

Reasons
    Vanity… I was always the fat kid growing up. When I started to lose weight I was around 310-320 pounds with 48% BF. Now sitting at a comfortable 11%, great metabolic rate, and diet I want to lean out and maintain around 9% BF year round. I also believe that once I reach a low BF% that it will be easier for me to reach it again and easier for me to maintain a leaner look year round.

Dedication… The amount of dedication it will take to complete this diet will not only help me physically, but it will be helpful with any facet in my life. I can always look back and know I did this diet with success and face any difficult challenge easier.

Diet
    1800-2000 calories a day, 2200-2400 calories every 3rd day.
    First week spread over 4-5 meals and then spreading it out over the course of 3 meals the second week. Might alternate the two plans every week, but we'll see.

55% Fats (getting a fairly even mixture of saturates, polyunsaturated, and monounsaturated)
    35% Protein
    8-10% carbs
    Of course these ratios are all approximate.

For the first week I’ll have 2:1 BCAA/Creatine mixture 3-4 times a day.
    For the second week I’ll have 4 scoops of whey isolate, 30 g of BCAA, 15 g creatine filled in a big Rubbermaid container I have and sip on it throughout the day. I’d like to take the time right now to point out that AtLarge needs an isolate as Nitrean rocks, but is too fast dissolving for what I need it for.

Supplements
    Muli-vitamin – with such a low calorie level and non-eclectic (I don’t know if those words can go together) foods, I’ll need a good mult to help meet my daily requirements.
    BCAA
    Creatine
    Thermocin / dyna burn extreme (alternating between the two every 15 days or so)
    Nitrean (limited as I’ll want my calories to come from whole foods and not shakes…need my metabolism to be as best as it can be on such a diet)
    Fish Oil – depending on the brand 8-10 g a day
    Udo’s Oil
    Green Tea extract – need the antioxidants
    Greens + (which is awful, but need the antioxidants)
    ZMA – 3 taken 1 hour before bed for sleep
    Power Drive – My body will need all the help it can get recovering and this is the best recovery drink for me… I’ve tried more than a few…

I'll post my food log as often as possible and I'll update my stats every sunday.

Due to a recent surgery I had I'm still trying to figure out the best lifting routine. I'm still not able to do some compound lifts, but hopefully within two weeks I can start back. I'll post my training log as soon as it's finished.

#1 TylerGred, Dec 2, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2006
  2. TylerGred

Sorry for not updating this as often as I should...

12-03-06

Didn't record my weight (yes I know...)

But with 7 site skin fold measurement my BF came in at 12.2%

3. TylerGred

12-09-06

203.5 lbs...

BF - 11.7%

4. TylerGred

This Thursday is my cheat day...

I plan on french toast in the morning... maybe Outback later the night... well probably pasta since I have steak on the diet, albeit lean cuts and not a fatty one I'd enjoy at Outback...

Maybe Ice Cream on this day too...

5. TylerGred

My carbs have been up a little more in the past few days as I ran out of Greens+ and been eating a little yogurt for the enzymes...

Although now I'm out of both...