1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Turning over a new leaf

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Naturegirl, Feb 16, 2008.

1. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017

Media:
    Albums:
    :spaz: :dance: Happy Birthday Naturegirl! :dance: :spaz:

:dreamy:

2. Ecrivain

Ecrivain Well-Known Member

3. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Happy birthday!

4. bballer143

bballer143 Well-Known Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NATUREGIRL! [​IMG]

5. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

Happy birthday Naturegirl

6. Naturegirl

Naturegirl Well-Known Member

An audiobook sounds awesome, but I'm too scared to not have all my senses present while I'm out jogging so early in the morning and where it might be somewhat dark. But an audiobook for bedtime, now that just might work. I think I'll try to find the Velveteen Rabbit.

She wont be able to resist a walk around the lake and a cup of coffee I dont think :)

I love Red Robin's food but it's so freakin' loud in there! :lol: We were supposed to go the other day but didnt end up doing that. Might go Sunday, but J wants to go to the pancake house tonight. I kinda want to go to the Ram too.

The sponsorship is a wonderful program. It's called Women for Women International.

Thanks you! :)

Thanks, Andy! :)

Yeah it sucks. I try to help as best I can but I am terrible at comforting people. She likes talking to me though because I always have something oddball to say which can be at the very least amusing.

Thanks George! :) BTW You look nice with both styles - but so much more innocent with the messy hair look :D

Red Robin has the apple walnut salad :drool:

Thanks Paul :)

Hey Happy, thank you :jumping:

Cubic zirconia and crystal I think counts. Personally I want moissonite - it's flashier than diamonds anyway and way less expensive :D

Thanks, M@! :dreamy: :):dreamy:

:lol: I am an eighties baby.

Thanks Guava! :) Bballer and Big D!

#266 Naturegirl, Apr 19, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  7. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

Have you tried the epilator yet?:scare

8. Naturegirl

Jedi - YES!!!!! I LOVE IT! *wants to hug you* :spaz:
    Thank you so much for the recommendation! It did hurt on sensitive places, like little nicks from a razor, but it's not as bad as waxing in my opinion :nod: It's fantastic.

9. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

:claphigh::spaz:

10. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017

Media:
    Albums:
    [​IMG]

Hope everything worked out with dealing with your mom. :scared:

11. Chopaholic

Chopaholic Well-Known Member

Heifer International? We give a lot of other people animals around in the holidays in my family. :nod:

How's about "thanks for calling. I appreciate it, but I don't feel as though this is a good time for us to meet." :confused: Seriously, whatever crap has kept her from being a mother for the past seven years? Not your problem. Don't let it be. :flex:

12. Naturegirl

M@ - Bwahaha, yes that looks familiar, though I have far clearer memories from the nineties. Ahhh, Mario's World and Duck Hunt :dreamy:

Thanks :) I have had a throbbing migraine for the past few days. It did not go so well!

Chopoholic - Yes that's the one! I swear there is another organization but the name escapes me.

Well, the best way I can describe it, is that you have to walk on eggshells around her.
    I am only now beginning to truly understand the relationship between her epilepsy and her affective disorder.
    I'm trying to be understanding, but it's hard.
    So I'm in the process of explaining all this to her and it's very difficult in a number of ways :scared:
    I told her we'd try to talk about things first before getting together.

#272 Naturegirl, Apr 24, 2008
  13. TheRyanator

TheRyanator Well-Known Member

It seems that I missed your bday...so happy belated.

The real reason I replied though was due to what you wrote about your mom. I have had similar (yet not nearly as severe) experiences with family/friends though. I have found over the last several years though that by continuing to be involved I was enabling or giving a stamp of approval to certain behavior. So as I/we (my wife) distanced ourselves a bit from certain situations/topics of discussion we have found it incredibly freeing and in a way helpful to the people we were dealing with, because they began to see the issues they were having as a problem themselves and dealing with it, at least in small ways to begin with. I dont know (but it is possible) that some of the issues are chemical, but they have certainly begun taking steps to improve their attitude and outlook on things as a result of us saying we were not going to have discussions with them on certain topics any longer. I know it is not exactly what you are dealing with, but hopefully a stamp of approval to you that what you have done by distancing yourself may eventually help. I hope that things improve for your mom and that you can have a good relationship with her some day...I will say a prayer for her as she begins to yet again consider getting help...maybe this time it will work...hope.

14. Naturegirl

Ryanator - Thanks for the birthday wishes and thank you for your kind and thoughtful reply and the sentiments.

#274 Naturegirl, Apr 24, 2008
  15. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

You have such a mature way of looking at things. :)

I hope you can get her to understand how her actions make you feel, and what a difficult position you're in because of her unpredictable behavior.

It's a relief to see how fully you understand that behavior is not the same as feeling, and that the way she acts towards you doesn't equate to the way she feels about you. And because of that, you're able to let her into your life at a safe distance. How lucky your mom is that you're able to give her this gift.

16. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

I can only start to imagine some of the pain and torment you must have been through in order to arrive at your present place of understanding and position with regards your mum. As Guava said you really seem to be handling it with tremendous wisdom despite it still causing a lot of pain.....I think you are being realistic with saying you will only see her on certain conditions..... I know my own mother never broke through her own pain and addictions to truly be able to receive any love from me.....But, I remain eternally optimistic that people can change.

sometimes I forget that random people browse our journals, they must think us a weird lot at times :) as we have really become a little community of friends :)

#276 Jedi, Apr 25, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  17. Rogozhin

Rogozhin Active Member

I am impressed too by the way in which you can analyze and interact with your mother after such a long time. I can relate to a little fraction of what you've experienced dealing with a loved one that is mentally unstable (bipolar x-wife). I hope your mother realizes that you are giving her your last offer of a relationship.

good wishes

Rogo

18. Naturegirl

guava - It feels good to hear that :) You know how mothers can be :scared: I suppose everyone's mother is like that no matter how old their kids get? Isnt it ironic that parents are always doing things out of love to help their children, and here I am trying to help my mom. But it was bound to happen eventually, we have to take care of our parents once they get into the last stages of their life anyway.

jedi - Sorry to hear about your own mom - it's so sad :(
    The thing that probably hurts the most is the thought of what might have been. They could have had the same thing we have with other people in our lives, perhaps.

#278 Naturegirl, Apr 26, 2008
  19. Butterflyer

Butterflyer Well-Known Member

I had forgotten to say happy birthday before because I was wondering about your friend-- so happy birthday late! Hooray for the epilator! I like mine too, and it's thanks to you and Jedi I decided to try it. I've never had my legs waxed, so I plan on never doing it, since you said that's more painful.:p

I'd been wondering how things were going with your mom after you mentioned that. It's good of you to try to work through this with your mother. This sort of stuff requires a lot of patience and energy. I hope things work out ok, but even if they don't you will know you've made the effort and done your best.

Velveteen Rabbit is one of the best stories ever.:dreamy:

20. Naturegirl

Hey Rogo! Haha you sneaked in there.
    You must have known a little of what my dad went through then :eek:
    Thank you for your well wishes.

butterflyer - Aw thanks for the Happy B Day! :) I have so many belateds coming to me anyway - I am as bad at remembering people's birthdays as I am at finding my way around a parking lot.

Yes honestly I think the waxing did hurt more. But I havent tried the epilator down there - should I? I'm thinking no! I will stick to waxing if I ever decide to do that again.

OMG yes so much energy. As I mentioned I usually get a pounding headache, and then the emotional exhaustion and the mental exercise of debating wears me out. I know this is the last effort I can make because I'm spent.

I like all the stories about the bunnies :lol: Velveteen Rabbit, Cottontail and Peter Rabbit, Benjamin Bunny, etc. Another of my favorites was The Steadfast Tin Soldier, but that's probably because it was illustrated by David Delamare

#280 Naturegirl, Apr 26, 2008