1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Turning over a new leaf

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Naturegirl, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Naturegirl

Naturegirl Well-Known Member

Ecto - I so do not :o TY :heart:

kree - Luckily the smoke has not killed my sense of smell yet I dont think. :tu:
    Now I'm off on another tangent :doh:

jedi - Oh I forgot, I meant to tell you I'm trying to do morning cardio for a number of reasons - but I want to become a morning person. And I'm really glad you're healthy and happy these days :)

#241 Naturegirl, Apr 15, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  2. Ectomorphic

Ectomorphic Active Member

I love the coffee isle. :D I don't drink coffee myself, but I love the smell of it.

As for the opposite sex and scents, for me I find it to be hair. Girl hair....mmmmmmm :dreamy: :love:. I don't know if it's the types of shampoos you girls generally tend to use or what, but yeah.

I hope girls don't feel the same way about hair because with as short as mine is (buzz/crew), I just use the same soap as I do for the rest of my body. Which, by the way, is the only bar soap worth having. Other soaps are just so harsh and drying. But anyways, it probably makes for a pretty boring scent.

3. Naturegirl

It probably is the type of shampoo, I have never met a girl that did not wear some kind of perfume and naturally, her shampoo would scent her hair like you said.

I have never smelled this peculiarity on women.

The dove one, I havent smelled that in a long time. What's it like? As a girl, I am not particular about hair per se, because like you said, unless it's longer it wont hold much scent, and we dont go around sniffing it. We'd be more in the vicinity of your chest area anyway. I went down the aisle once smelling all these Axe products because they're always putting out commercials saying women will throw themselves at you, so I wanted to find out for myself, but a lot of them smelled the same to me, very strong and sometimes chemical like. Supposedly the higher end colognes like Armani or something are very nicely appealing to women.

My favorite scent is the classic vanilla, and coconut. I have a vanilla bark body oil, it is so nice :dreamy:

#243 Naturegirl, Apr 15, 2008
  4. bballer143

bballer143 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. Ectomorphic

Actually, I think you'd know about the guy thing more than I would :p. You know how if you're exposed to something for long enough - a sight, sound, smell, taste or touch - you get used to it and don't realize it's there anymore? Provided it's not overpowering. Well in that vein, I've got no idea what my scent is. My stuff, to me, just smells like, um, stuff. If there's a smell on it, I don't know about.

I have the regular, unscented stuff, so it doesn't smell like anything.

Those Axe commercials are funny. I hope people aren't buying those and thinking girls will actually do the dumbass things in those commercials, or even anything remotely close to it.

As for the Armani, well, just take a trip to Nordstrom's or something, I'm sure they should have that stuff there. Sample it! My friend and I, when at the mall, ocassionally go through the Nordstrom's store just to laugh and marvel at the insane price tags on everything.

Mornings are overrated. Staying up late at night until 3am is just built into me. I'm not fond of mornings.

6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    :tu: :claphigh::claphigh:

That's great news! :nod:

7. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017

Media:
    Albums:
  8. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

You know what I like to do? When I go on vacation I like to buy a new lotion or shampoo. That way when I smell it again it reminds me of the trip I took. When I smell coconuts it reminds me of my honeymoon. I used a coconut shampoo 15 years agao and even now when I smell coconuts I think of my honeymoon in Aruba.

Funny how smell is such an important part of our lives that we often take for grannet.

9. Ectomorphic

But is it normal soap that's harsh and dries you out and makes you feel weird, or is it like smooth, creamy, soft doesn't-dry-you-out Dove? :p

Yeah, smell is actually a very powerful link to memory. Smells can trigger a more powerful reaction to a memory (often emotional) than most other things can. They can also trigger memories you might not otherwise remember.

When I see someone wearing a piece of clothing my first girlfriend used to wear, there's not much of a reaction. When I see someone that looks like her, or when I see a picture of her, again, not much of a reaction. But oh man, when I brush by a girl in a crowded place and catch the scent of her hair, and it smells just like she did (probably the shampoo thing I mentioned earlier), my mind goes loopy. I start to remember memories and emotions and other things that threaten to make me lose focus for a few hours if I don't get a hold of myself.

10. Naturegirl

M@ - I'm gonna have to smell the Lever 200 when I go grocery shopping next week :p

Ecto - We got a new soap at work and it smells like the soap my grandma used at her house :cry: Makes me miss her.

I'm still looking to improve my energy and I think part of the reason is that I stay up too late and dont fall asleep easily. If I get up at five or six every morning, there's no doubt I'll be good and ready to sleep well by nine or ten at night.

kree - Ah that is such a neat idea! :D

#250 Naturegirl, Apr 15, 2008
  11. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

Man NG very sorry to hear about your friend :( I hope you can encourage her a bit this weekend. Will this impact any of youre hiking plans this summer? I have just been for an early morning run for the first time listening to an audiobook, it was awesome.... when I get up at 5.45/6.00 I am ready to flop into bed by 9.30ish :)

12. Butterflyer

Butterflyer Well-Known Member

Oh crap!:( I'm sorry to hear about your friend-- I guess all you can do is be there for her, and sounds like getting her out for a walk would be good for both of you if she's up to it.

13. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

RED ROBIN FRIES:drool: We are suspose to go there tomorrow for my son's birthday and my birthday coming up!!! My kids love how they sing Happy birthday and get a bunch of attention.

I'm really sorry about your friend. I was really sad when I read that in your journal. Just reminds you that sometimes as the rest of us are happy their are people out there that are extremly depressed. Makes me remember to take my own life and appreciate everything that I have that does make me happy which I sometimes take for granted when I get caught up in the everyday life issues. I hope that your friend is able to find some happiness. Did you know that she was that unhappy or did this come as a surprise to you as well? I hope your long walks can bring out some help for her.

What type of sponsorship program are you involved in?

Hope you have a great birthday!!!

#253 kree-kree, Apr 18, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  14. bmacntmac

bmacntmac Well-Known Member

Happy birthday, Naturegirl!!

15. MannishBoy

MannishBoy Senior Member

Hope you have a great birthday!

Sorry to hear about your friend. I know how gut wrenching that can be to watch. I had a friend that threatened trying to kill herself for months, and it's both scary and sad to watch.

16. George

George Senior Member

Happy Birthday, NG! :)

17. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday NG and enjoy Red Robin :)

18. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Happy birthday NG!

19. Happy Monster

Happy Monster Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday! :jumping:

20. Ectomorphic

Happy Birthday :)

Another April person, I see. Only way to go. :D Though it does make things difficult when it comes to our birthstone.