1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Turning over a new leaf

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Naturegirl, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Naturegirl

Naturegirl Well-Known Member

#1 Naturegirl, Feb 16, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  2. Happy Monster

Happy Monster Well-Known Member

Sounds great!

:jumping: :D

3. Naturegirl

Yeah I'm excited. I still like my home yoga videos, but a real class with live people is a whole different dynamic :D I need to get out and pick up the momentum that comes with it.

4. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

I especially like they way she pharses n°3 and the truth of N° 6:)

I too believe thakfulness is one of the keys to a serene spirit !

Heh April 12 is just two months away, which means your goal is really nearby, YOU CAN DO IT:nod:

5. Butterflyer

Butterflyer Well-Known Member

Nice new journal!:D

I loved Kris Carr's documentary and her book. I found her stuff because my former coworker had a really rare blood cancer like hers.

Hey, my bifocals and computer glasses for over my contacts are kind of along the same lines as the plus lenses! I think they've helped keep my eyes from getting worse over the years, and a couple of times my prescriptions even improved. Not that I could tell!:lol:

6. J_W

J_W Well-Known Member

Subscribed!

Good to have you back, NG :).

7. Naturegirl

jedi - Number 3 is one of my favorites too. Thank you for the encouragement! :D

J_W - OMG now I've got to really make sure I follow through with you two watching me :spaz:

butterflyer - Ah! That's so cool you know about her. Have you read her blog yet? It's required reading for me now :) I am going to get her documentary on DVD from Amazon when it comes out in March.

Well you know I dont seem to be getting the eyeballs-pulled-out-of-my-sockets or headaches now when I wear them so I think my eyes are getting used to having them on while reading.

I think I remember you mentioning your improved prescriptions (or maybe that was someone else?) and that is neato! Except that you couldnt tell :lol: I dont know what my measurements are now, I'm thinking worse than two years ago when they were -.50 and -1.50.
    Gah, I bet they've gotten worse by at least 50 each. Hopefully if I'm diligent and always wear the plus lenses for reading they'll improve and ultimately go to -.25 and -.75? :spaz: From what I've read though, anything over about a year of constant near work stress and the myopia pretty much becomes permanent :( Although this happens more with kids so maybe I will be fortunate since I'm in my 20's.

#7 Naturegirl, Feb 18, 2008
  8. MannishBoy

MannishBoy Senior Member

My prescriptions have improved every time I've gotten new glasses for some reason (3x).

My eyes aren't that bad, though. I mainly wear glasses to drive. My eyes bother me especially driving at night.

9. Naturegirl

Andy - Wow really? See that makes no sense to me but now I remember my coworker saying hers improved for no reason too. What kind of eye problem do you have? I always pictured glasses like a crutch or a wheelchair, and if you wear them all the time your eyes become weak just like your legs would without use. When I got my prescription glasses - the ones meant to overcorrect my nearsightedness with minus lenses, my eyes became terrible. I took them back and told the eye doctor I didnt want them anymore because they were making my eyes worse, and she said it just seemed that way because my vision was so clear with them on, that by contrast everything was blurry when they were off. This of course was completely false because I verified it on my own at home with a printed off snellen chart and outside with street signs and such.

But then again maybe it hasnt had such an impact on you because you only wear them to drive. I dunno anyway, I'm not an opthamologist.

10. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

Good luck NG :)

11. Naturegirl

Thanks Big D! I really appreciate it. Nice delts BTW :D

12. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

available, clean water is indeed an amazing gift. I have been wondering if i shouldn't use the cold contents of my hotwater bottle to water the plants. I can't think a bit of rubberyness shd matter much:confused::confused:

13. Naturegirl

Hm, well they might get a bunch of chemicals anyway from rain, and if they're indoor plants they probably absorb the many chemicals coming off from carpeting and electronics, etc, etc :confused:

14. MannishBoy

MannishBoy Senior Member

I'm nearsighted with a bit of astigmatism. I do think the fact that I don't rely on them for everything has helped avoid the slide into worse and worse vision.

I suspect they'll go back the other way when I get my eyes checked this time, as I've noticed I'm squinting a bit with them on at times to see signs.

I might have also gotten an overly aggressive prescription to start with. Who knows?

15. Butterflyer

Butterflyer Well-Known Member

I've read Kris Carr's blog before, but not lately.

I did mention my improved prescriptions before! -.50 and -1.50 are not bad at all, so anytime you can go without wearing your glasses is good. Just keep 'em on while driving!:lol: I can't even find my keys most of the time without my glasses or contacts. I think my glasses are -5.25 and -4.75. Contacts are different: -4.75 and -4.25. The system is a little different I guess. I've been nearsighted since I was around 7. I was the dumb kid who couldn't see the board for a year. I still did well on tests though.:tu: I don't have any recollection of how they figured out I was nearsighted.:confused: It was already pretty bad by the time they caught it, though.:nod:

I developed a bit of astigmatism a few years ago, and now it's all gone again. Your eyes change all the time!

16. Naturegirl

I am lucky in that I dont have astigmatism, this is true :nod:

#16 Naturegirl, Feb 18, 2008
  17. Silver

Silver Well-Known Member

:nod: It's been SO nice here the past few days. We're lucky to live where we do.

18. Naturegirl

Hi silver :spaz:

It seems like everyone is remarking about nice weather, except for the northern midwest. I heard it was very warm in the northeast, I wonder how warm it was.

19. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

:o

20. KittyKat

KittyKat Active Member

Good luck with your goals, NatureGirl! I tried to read through your previous journal at some stage but it was just too much to get into.... I'm glad that this time I can keep up with you right from the beginning :)

funny discussion on eye sight. I'm very nearsighted (around -11) and am just happy that it doesn't get worse anymore...it was a bit scary when I was a kid. sometimes when I take out my lenses at night before I put on my glasses I get a slight panic attack because I don't see anything clearly. it feels a bit claustrophobic somehow :confused: