1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Turkey Burgers

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by mastover, Dec 16, 2012.

1. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

Here's a great recipe I used to make way back in the day and take to work with me. Two days out of the week I had my own office with a mini fridge and would make this meal very often. The night before I would make this very easy meal and keep the rest for home consumption.

1 1/2 pounds 93% lean ground turkey. If I was pre contest, I would use 99%.
    1/2 ounce dry onion soup mix. (half package)
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 egg lightly beaten, or 2 egg whites lightly beaten
    1 teaspoon sodium reduced soy sauce (optional)

In a large bowl mix the turkey with the onion soup mix, pepper, garlic powder, soy sauce, and egg (or the two whites) and make 6 patties.

Place patties on a baking sheet lightly oiled to prevent sticking and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Baking times may vary with your oven.

The next day simply take a patty or two (or all six if you are like me! lol) a cup of veggies and a small or medium cooked sweet potato with you and microwave at work! Simple, guilt free, healthy, and awesome!!

2. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

I ate this today, minus the soy sauce. AWESOME!! Got two patties left. Might share it with the kitties!. :)

3. CharlesDance

CharlesDance Member

That sounds great. Speaking of food, I know you're real big on the Eye of Round roast... how do you prepare that? I was thinking about picking one up for some of my meals next week.

4. Steel Dylan

Steel Dylan New Member

I absolutely hate turkey burgers! But I know that they are a lot better for you and lower in calorie, so I'm going to try again. I would really like a good recipe, basically one that doesn't taste like turkey burger.