1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Trouble Sleeping, started Cut

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by martinw79, Jan 7, 2015.

1. martinw79

martinw79 Active Member

So typically during summer months here in NJ I cycle a lot, once I am on this routine I have problems when it comes to getting a good night's sleep. This does not occur year round, it's clear on days that consist of Cardio and a little less on days I do weights, when I initially fall asleep I am in DEEP sleep but should something occur that I wake up, I have an awful hard time falling asleep again, I am basically WIDE awake but my body feels exhausted, it's very frustrating! :mad: :mad:

This week I started my cut, I'm following the Body for Life plan, Resistance training and Cardio. Already after my 2nd cardio day I woke up an hour into my sleep and was up for hours only to get about 4 hours total sleep last night and I am hurting today from it.

Just curious if any others have this occur to them or what the cause could be? My diet is clean, I am eating enough, no alcohol, only taking Fish oils, Jointflex, Multi, plenty of water, etc...

#1 martinw79, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  2. Bradley326

Bradley326 Active Member

It sounds more mental than physical. What's your stress level like?

What do you do when you wake up and feel wide awake? While not regular, it does happen to me from time to time and I've found the WORST thing I can try to do is get back to sleep. I start doing some other activity (watch TV, play a video game, read a book, whatever) and in short order I'm dozing off again.

Have you tried adjusting the timing of your cardio? If you usually do it in the morning, try switching it to the evening (or vice versa).

I tend to drink a glass of red wine most nights before bed, which I've also found helps me get a great night sleep (I don't drink it specifically to sleep; I just love the taste of it. The sleeping is just a nice side effect). That might be an option to try if you're open to drinking.